Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Switchblade Jay White (C) vs. Kazuchika Okada for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 1/4

They had a hell of a job having to follow Omega/Ospreay and it was tough going at first, but they're two of the best wrestlers in the world today and they just did what they do so magnificently, and allowed it to build and build till I was completely on the hook.

2nd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Jay White (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17, 04/01

Yeah pretty good that

Nth

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I really want to start putting in more nominations, so let's start!

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW in Korakuen Hall January 4th
MOTYC
Hyper Misao vs Shoko Nakajima
- Kyoraku Kyomei explode once again for their annual bullshit stipulation match. Abolsute delightful nonsense mixing some genuinely brutal bumps with cartoon hijinks

Miu Watanabe (c) vs Trish Adora - International Princess Championship
- We all know Miu is strong and cool. Turns out Trish is also very strong and cool, really made me want to see more big matches from her

HM
Maki Itoh vs Rika Tatsumi vs Mizuki vs Kamiyu vs Suzume vs Hikari Noa - Number 1 Contender battle royal
Reiwa AA Cannon (Saki Akai and Yuki Arai) (c) vs Wasteland War Party (MAx the Impaler and Heidi Howitzer) - Princess Tag Championships

I love Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling

Nth, for the matches that I saw.

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (C) vs. Kenny Omega for the IWGP US Heavyweight Title - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 1/4

:stonklol:

Human beings should not be capable of what these two do in the ring.

Nth.

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Switchblade Jay White (C) vs. Kazuchika Okada for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 1/4

They had a hell of a job having to follow Omega/Ospreay and it was tough going at first, but they're two of the best wrestlers in the world today and they just did what they do so magnificently, and allowed it to build and build till I was completely on the hook.

Nth.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Also if anyone is at a loose end & wants to watch some wrestling, good news! I have links to every match I've nominated in my posts (except WK because it's too soon to do that)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

abraham linksys posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (C) vs. Kenny Omega for the IWGP US Heavyweight Title - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 1/4

nth, this was as good as it could have been but what's scary is I think they have another level in them.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

- We all know Miu is strong and cool. Turns out Trish is also very strong and cool, really made me want to see more big matches from her
Trish is a fixture of my local indie scene, and yes, she is very strong and very cool (very nice, too!), and I'm glad she's getting some spotlight! I wish Coward Tony would give her more than 5 minute dark matches.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 January 4th
MOTYC
FTR (Dash Harwood and Cash Wheeler) (c) vs Bishamon (YOSHI-HASHI and Hirooki Goto) - IWGP Tag Championships
Ren Narita vs Zack Sabre Jr - Vacant NJPW World Television Championship
Taiji Ishimori (c) vs El Desperado vs Master Wato vs Hiromu Takahashi - IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship
Will Ospreay (c) vs Kenny Omega - IWGP US Championship
Jay White (c) vs Kazuchika Okada - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship

HM
Catch 2/2 (Francesco Akira and TJP) vs LiYoh (Lio Rush and YOH) - IWGP Jr Tag Championships

Chock full on weird moments and odd decisions and dumb botches, but when New Japan is on it's loving ON

Nth to all these, also HM to Kairi vs Tam.

Punch McLightning posted:

nth, this was as good as it could have been but what's scary is I think they have another level in them.
I do too, this feels like they're just getting started.

Hoping I get to watch the TJPW show this weekend...

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
AEW Dark - January 3rd, 2023

HM: Top Flight vs. The Workhorsemen

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 4, 2023

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
FTR (Dash Harwood and Cash Wheeler) (c) vs Bishamon (YOSHI-HASHI and Hirooki Goto) - IWGP Tag Championships
Taiji Ishimori (c) vs El Desperado vs Master Wato vs Hiromu Takahashi - IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship

HM
Catch 2/2 (Francesco Akira and TJP) vs LiYoh (Lio Rush and YOH) - IWGP Jr Tag Championships

Chock full on weird moments and odd decisions and dumb botches, but when New Japan is on it's loving ON

Nth to these. And I really wish I could give an HM to Kairi and Tam but it stopped just as it was getting good.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

AEW Dark - January 4th, 2023

Nth to this.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

MOTYC

Hopefully the Juniors can get a co-main event one day.

Really hope this is the start of a series. Best match I've seen since Okada V Omega.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Jerusalem posted:

Nth.

Jesus loving Christ.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

HM: FTR (c) vs. Bishamon, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17, 04/01
MOTYC: Will Ospreay (c) vs. Kenny Omega, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17, 04/01
HM: Jay White (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17, 04/01

The last match was probably hampered by me being dead tired, but I'm pretty sure on rewatch that my opinion of it wouldn't change

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW in Korakuen Hall January 4th
MOTYC
Hyper Misao vs Shoko Nakajima
- Kyoraku Kyomei explode once again for their annual bullshit stipulation match. Abolsute delightful nonsense mixing some genuinely brutal bumps with cartoon hijinks

Yuka Sakazaki (c) vs Miyu Yamashita - Princess of Princess Championship
- Both ladies chose violence today

HM
Maki Itoh vs Rika Tatsumi vs Mizuki vs Kamiyu vs Suzume vs Hikari Noa - Number 1 Contender battle royal
Reiwa AA Cannon (Saki Akai and Yuki Arai) (c) vs Wasteland War Party (MAx the Impaler and Heidi Howitzer) - Princess Tag Championships

I love Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling

Nth.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW New Years Wars Night 2 January 3rd
MOTYC
Kento Miyahara (c) vs Takuya Nomura - Triple Crown
- Nice that these guys were able to forget they are also the current tag champs and focus on beating each other senseless

HM
Ryuki Honda vs Naoya Nomura
Minoru Suzuki, Hokuto Omori and Naruki Doi vs Shuji Ishikawa, Yuma Aoyagi and Aysuki Aoyagi

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
3rd January
Kyushu Pro Jokyo 2023
UWF Rules
Hikaru Sato vs Hitamaru Sasaki

Watch the match here, this is a real good UWF Rules clash, great grappling and some vicious open hand strikes, real fun

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 5, 2023

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

You can pencil me in for Ospreay/Kenny on the MOTYC list - not that you need it.

My in-the-moment thoughts on it since I just watched it: I thought they peaked in the first half!!! Kenny was in complete control. His offense was BRUTAL, and Ospreays selling was out of this world. It was so good that when Will actually made his comeback it actually kind of LOST me a bit. I couldn't believe Will was taking that much control after Kenny had looked so strong. I think if you cut Ospreays comeback to be 1/3 of the length it was - the match is utter perfection. But as they went - I don't feel like it was a full 5-stars-easy-MOTY-nobody-will-follow-that.

Great match though. And I recognize I might be on an island with this thinking.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

HM:

MOTYC:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AEW Dynamite January 4th
HM
Chris Jericho vs Ricky Starks
AR Fox vs Swerve Strickland
Samoa Joe vs Darby Allin

e: will edit this as the show goes, for whatever reason shift+enter just posts it

e2: Show complete

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 5, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
3rd January
Stardom Triangle Derby I Night 1
Triangle Derby A Block
Queen's Quest (AZM, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita) vs Rampage GE (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri)

Watch this here

HM
3rd January
Stardom Triangle Derby I Night 1
Triangle Derby A Block
Baribari Ribbons (Giulia, Mai Sakurai & Thekla) vs Rebel × Enemy (Maika Ozaki, Maya Yukihi & Ram Kaicho)

Watch this here

This show was a real breeze to watch, topped off with 2 very good matches. Seeing Rebel×Enemy in Stardom is real cool. Will include links when back at the computer

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 5, 2023

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Jerusalem posted:

Unnecessary nthing for both of these. The former was not at all what I was expecting and was excellent. The latter was exactly what I was expecting and was excellent. Absolutely incredible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Samoa Joe (C) vs. Darby Allin for the TNT Title - AEW Dynamite 1/4

Holy poo poo this was even better than their first match, aided by an absolutely electric crowd.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo this was even better than their first match, aided by an absolutely electric crowd.

Nth, just what you wanted from the Man Who Refuses to Die vs the Man Who Refuses to Stop Killing

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SG Bamboo posted:

AEW Dynamite January 4th
HM
Chris Jericho vs Ricky Starks
AR Fox vs Swerve Strickland

nth

Jerusalem posted:

and nth

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Hell yeah

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Aew dynamite 1/4

HM
Swerve strickland vs ar fox
Tnt title: samoa joe(c) vs darby allin

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 5, 2023

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

Aew dynamite 1/4

HM
Swerve strickland vs ar fox
Tnt title: samoa joe(c) vs darby allin

Nthing these and also adding an HM for Starks vs. Jericho from the same event

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Barry Bluejeans posted:

AEW Dark - January 3rd, 2023

nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Yeah agreed

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Nth, what a good match.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Chris Jericho vs. Ricky Starks, AEW Dynamite, 04/01
HM: The Acclaimed (c) vs. Triple J, AEW Dynamite, 04/01
HM: Swerve Strickland vs. AR Fox, AEW Dynamite, 04/01
MOTYC: Samoa Joe (c) vs. Darby Allin, AEW Dynamite, 04/01

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

HM: Swerve vs. AR Fox. some really cool counters and transitions, these two work great together.
HM: Darby Allin vs. Samoa Joe. Darby is nuts, heel Joe rules.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rarity posted:

nth

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Rarity posted:

Nth

Jericho vs Ricky was very close to a MOTYC for me. That crowd was going NUTS for Ricky and you really felt that energy reflected in the ring.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

Nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: The Main Event, NJPW New Year's Dash, 05/01

It's a mystery card so no one knows who's involved in the matches until the music hits, not even the announcers and not even the participants. poo poo gets wild.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Rarity posted:

It's a mystery card so no one knows who's involved in the matches until the music hits, not even the announcers and not even the participants. poo poo gets wild.

nth

I really liked this one, great in ring storytelling

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Worth watching just for the total WTF factor

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

2nd this

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Rarity posted:

nth! very glad I made it home just in time to see it too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

Yep, nth