Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Lio Rush vs. Mike Bailey, NJPW Best of Super Juniors, 23/05
HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Titan, NJPW Best of Super Juniors, 23/05

MOTYC: El Desperado vs. Robbie Eagles, NJPW Best of Super Juniors, 24/05

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Lio Rush vs. Mike Bailey, NJPW Best of Super Juniors, 23/05

Nth

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

Rarity posted:

HM: Lucha Bros (c) vs. Claudio Castagnoli/Wheeler Yuta, AEW Dynamite, 24/05

Nth

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
MOTYC: “Speedball” Mike Bailey vs. Chris Sabin, Impact on AXS 5/25

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ROH Honor Club 5/25

HM: Mark Briscoe vs. JD Drake
HM: Vertvixen vs. Kiera Hogan
HM: Tracy Williams vs. Shane Taylor
HM: Rocky Romero vs. Titus Alexander
HM: Dralistico vs. Tony Deppen
HM: Penta El Zero Miedo vs. Slim J
HM: Cole Karter & Zack Clayton vs. Darius Martin & Action Andretti
HM: Athena vs. Promise Braxton
MOTYC: Samoa Joe & Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ROH on HonorClub 5/25

HM: Samoa Joe and Zack Sabre Jr vs Chris Daniels and Matt Sydal

This was so good and Matt Sydal is the most underrated wrestler of the last 20 years. Just so good at so many things. He's in this match with Joe and ZSJ and you come out so impressed by Sydal's striking and technical wrestling.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Pylons posted:

ROH Honor Club 5/25

MOTYC: Samoa Joe & Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal

moty 1b

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Best of the Super Jr.30 Night 10 May 24th
MOTYC
El Desperado vs Robbie Eagles

Yeah agreed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

HM: Lio Rush vs. Mike Bailey, NJPW Best of Super Juniors, 23/05

Lio vs. Speedball was an HM for me, but otherwise :agreed:

El Desperado is so loving cool.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Kazuchika Okada/Hiroshi Tanahashi/Tomohiro Ishii vs. Shota Umino/Oskar Leube/Oleg Boltin, NJPW Best of Super Juniors, 26/05

Okada getting pissy at Young Boys rules

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Titan vs. El Desperado, NJPW Best of Super Juniors, 26/05

Titan is nuts

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

HM: Titan vs. El Desperado, NJPW Best of Super Juniors, 26/05

Titan is nuts

Agreed and agreed!

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

HM: Kazuchika Okada/Hiroshi Tanahashi/Tomohiro Ishii vs. Shota Umino/Oskar Leube/Oleg Boltin, NJPW Best of Super Juniors, 26/05

Nth.

MOTYC to both Bailey/Wato and Titan/Desperado from the same show

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Bosj 26/5/23

Motyc : Mike Bailey v wato
Motyc : titan v despe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Chris Brookes vs. Kazusada Higuchi - DDT King of DDT Final!! 5/21

Higuchi no selling the barricade spot and punching right through it, the German Exchanges, the collapse into the submission spot.... what a match!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

BAKA GAIJIN + FRIENDS Vol. 5 May 23rd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWOOm699kpQ
HM
Chris Brookes vs. Hyper Misao

Not usually into sicko death matches like this one, but despite the brutality and horror on display I'm 4thing it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Bosj 26/5/23

Nth.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

MOTYC: ABC (c) vs Subculture, Impact Tag Team Championship, Under Siege (05/26)

This match absolutely hosed, high speed tag team action and Subculture absolutely killed it in their first outing for Impact

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Lumbermouth posted:

MOTYC: ABC (c) vs Subculture, Impact Tag Team Championship, Under Siege (05/26)

This match absolutely hosed, high speed tag team action and Subculture absolutely killed it in their first outing for Impact

2nd. Also,

MOTYC: Trey Miguel (c) vs. Chris Sabin for the Impact X Division Championship
HM: Alex Shelly vs. Eddie Edwards vs. Jonathan Gresham vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Moose vs. Yuya Uemura
MOTYC: Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs. Jordynne Grace for the Impact Knockouts World Championship
MOTYC: Steve Maclin (c) vs. PCO for the Impact World Championship - No DQ match

From Impact Wrestling Under Siege 5/26

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 27, 2023

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
HM: Nyla Rose and Marina Shafir vs Hikaru Shida and Dr. Britt Baker, DMD on AEW Rampage 5/26/23

Just a fun brutal tag match highlighted by Shida straight up murdering her opponents.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

HM: Nyla Rose and Marina Shafir vs Hikaru Shida and Dr. Britt Baker, DMD on AEW Rampage 5/26/23

Just a fun brutal tag match highlighted by Shida straight up murdering her opponents.

2nd, both teams worked well together (Shida and Britt surprisingly so) and Shida beating rear end is always great to see.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Bosj 26/5/23

Rarity posted:

Agreed to both

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
WMOTYC: Brock Lesnar v. Cody Rhodes, WWE Night of Champions, 5/27

Really dumb stuff!

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

xbilkis posted:

WMOTYC: Brock Lesnar v. Cody Rhodes, WWE Night of Champions, 5/27

Really dumb stuff!

Nth. I love Cody.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HM: Steve Maclin (c) vs. PCO for the Impact World Championship - No DQ match

Hate splitting the vote in this one but the angle that closed the match was a dogshit crown to a killer match. If you love bloody spectaculars, this is the match this year.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

coconono posted:

HM: Steve Maclin (c) vs. PCO for the Impact World Championship - No DQ match

Hate splitting the vote in this one but the angle that closed the match was a dogshit crown to a killer match. If you love bloody spectaculars, this is the match this year.

Will go HM for this too. It'd be a MOTYC if they ended it on Maclin covered in loving blood forcing D'Amore to put the belt on him.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Best of the Super Jr.30 Night 11 May 26th
MOTYC
El Desperado vs Titán

HM
Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi and Tomohiro Ishii vs Oleg Boltin, Oskar Leube and Shota Umino
Master Wato vs Mike Bailey

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
ROH Honor Club 25/5
HM: Kyle Fletcher vs AR Fox

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Okada, Tanahashi, Ishii, & Taguchi vs. Umino, Narita, Desperado & Speedball Mike Bailey - NJPW Best of the Super Junior Final - 5/28

Pissy Okada rules, Ishii no-selling shenanigans rules, Go ACE! and Taguchi being a fan-favorite rules. Then Despy and Speedball did cool poo poo and Narita is cool but oh my God Shota is the best.

MOTYC: Master Wato vs. Titán in the BOSJ Final - NJPW Best of the Super Junior Final - 5/28

The two finalists nobody expected put on a loving banger to show they belonged, and a big and rowdy crowd were white-hot for everything they did. Wrestling rules :cheers:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 29, 2023

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Okada, Tanahashi, Ishii, & Taguchi vs. Umino, Narita, Desperado & Speedball Mike Bailey - NJPW Best of the Super Junior Final - 5/29

Pissy Okada rules, Ishii no-selling shenanigans rules, Go ACE! and Taguchi being a fan-favorite rules. Then Despy and Speedball did cool poo poo and Narita is cool but oh my God Shota is the best.

MOTYC: Master Wato vs. Titán in the BOSJ Final - NJPW Best of the Super Junior Final - 5/29

The two finalists nobody expected put on a loving banger to show they belonged, and a big and rowdy crowd were white-hot for everything they did. Wrestling rules :cheers:

Nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Okada, Tanahashi, Ishii, & Taguchi vs. Umino, Narita, Desperado & Speedball Mike Bailey - NJPW Best of the Super Junior Final - 5/29

MOTYC: Master Wato vs. Titán in the BOSJ Final - NJPW Best of the Super Junior Final - 5/29

Absolutely, great stuff

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

Nth.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Nth.

As someone who was high on Kawato as a Young Lion, it was absolutely beautiful to see him deliver in the biggest match of his life. Today's answer to "Why do you watch this stuff?"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Last week I've really slacked on my wrestling viewing. Got into finishing Persona 5 & rewatching the first season of House MD for...reasons? Nice to take a break. Ready to actually catch up on my recommendations a little, been 4 shows I've watched since I last posted here.

HM
16th May
Sareee-ISM Chapter One
AKARI & Arisa Nakajima vs Ibuki Hoshi & Miyuki Takase
Watch this here

Since Prominence split off, Tsukasa Fujimoto went on hiatus to become a mother & Tsukushi Haruka retired I've really fallen off watching Ice Ribbon, but it was nice to see Ibuki Hoshi getting to tangle with some of my favourite on the current joshi scene.

MOTYC
16th May
Sareee-ISM Chapter One
Chihiro Hashimoto vs Sareee
Watch this here

This show wasn't exactly a one match show, I dug 3 of the 4 matches. But this was the draw, Sareee's return to Japan after an extended vacation in America, & she gets to tangle with one of her vintage rivals in Big Hash,. It was great, Sareee had ring-rust but she got better as the match went on, the crowd were super into this match & yeah, I really recommend checking it out. WWE's inability to book non-native English speakers is so lazy.

HM
23rd May
Baka Gaijin + Friends Vol.5
Chris Brookes vs Hyper Misao
Watch this here

This was the standout on a show that was kind of ruined by audio problems. Look, I get that you don't want your stream yanked from Youtube but gently caress me, if I can't hear anything in a comedy match with Mecha Mummy then it's not really going to work. Still, Misao vs Brookes is great. This had some tremendously stupid spots & I mean that as a compliment.

MOTYC
14th May
All Japan Super Power Series Night 2
Atsuki Aoyagi vs Yuma Aoyagi
Watch this here

The 2 Super Power Series shows I've watched have been really enjoyable, they've been in towns that AJPW don't run all the time like Osaka, Yokohama & Tokyo & the fans have really gotten into it. And here they ran in Matsumoto up in Nagano Prefecture, which happens to be the home of the Aoyagi brothers. So they get to main event & beat the hell out of each other & it's great. More of this please All Japan, Dragongate always make a big deal of running in their wrestler's hometowns even when they aren't the biggest places, & it's helped build a loyal fanbase for them across Japan. And it's not like running Yokohama every month is doing gangbusters. But yeah, the 2 shows are honestly worth watching just for pleasant house show wrestling, the stakes aren't low but everything is fun. Rei Saito vs Manabu Soya is even a *** match in Toyama on night 1.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

RoH 5/25 HM: Willie Mack and Ninja Mack, The Mack Attack vs The Kingdom.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

forkboy84 posted:

HM
23rd May
Baka Gaijin + Friends Vol.5
Chris Brookes vs Hyper Misao
Watch this here

This was the standout on a show that was kind of ruined by audio problems. Look, I get that you don't want your stream yanked from Youtube but gently caress me, if I can't hear anything in a comedy match with Mecha Mummy then it's not really going to work. Still, Misao vs Brookes is great. This had some tremendously stupid spots & I mean that as a compliment.

Nth this

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
Baka Gaijin + Friends Vol. 5, 23.05.23

HM: Hyper Misao vs Chris Brookes
MOTYC: Mei Suruga & MAO vs Chie Koishikawa & Shinno Hagane
HM: Masahiro Takanashi vs Drew Parker

Loved the tag, classic Gatoh Move nonsense with cool sequences between Hagane and MAO

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Agreed. Main was awesome all around

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

WMOTYC: Hook & The Hardys vs Ethan Page and the Gunns - AEW Double or Nothing Buy In -28/05/23

That was really just sad, the Hardys really do need to retire soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Blackjack Battle Royal - AEW Double or Nothing 5/28

Battle Royals tend to be okay at best, sometimes a little chaotic but mostly going through the motions before the finish. Then you have THIS match, which was a wild loving ride from start to finish, progressed multiple storylines, set up new angles, and had an incredible final two with a PERFECT finish.