Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

jay white and elp vs hikuleo & aa was a terrific match lol tho imo. lotta bsing around but v amusing and awesome finish

what happens to kentas strong openweight challenge now :ohdear:

I guess it was a snap decision cuz kk is talking gleefully about this being the first strong ep of the new year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

baka fwocka fwame posted:

jay white and elp vs hikuleo & aa was a terrific match lol tho imo. lotta bsing around but v amusing and awesome finish

what happens to kentas strong openweight challenge now :ohdear:

Battle in the Valley is still on and the match was scheduled for that show, so it's still possible. What happens after is up in the air, though.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
My friend's BF got invited to the LA Dojo in September to work out there for a week. He sadly didn't get picked up, but he said getting to work out with Shibata was insanely cool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjJUWBTPMPH/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Friends BF is the one standing to Shibatas right

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Great thread

https://twitter.com/feverlime/status/1612206532447313920?t=EWlkGX2xVSvTkjQMsuI22w&s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's a fantastic series of tweets, and I love this one:

https://twitter.com/feverlime/status/1612278793955065857

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Glad to know that Karl Anderson is innocent for the faction breaking up

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Incredible stuff in here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/feverlime/status/1611746696689602564

loving incredible

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/feverlime/status/1611908326467444736?t=3OG_3i7jkeK1eSa1_OFnjg&s=19

https://twitter.com/feverlime/status/1611918492948893696?t=atx1DvNmrHyJP0Wm1_CpaQ&s=19

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/TAKAMIOHBARI/status/1612323580620181504

This guy going to twitter for this info? Also Tana's hair!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Reading this and it's clear (even if I thought otherwise at the time) that Taichi trying to do Taichi-gun would of been a mistake. Just no way it would of worked at all and I'm glad they didn't try and do it

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Suzuki-Gun died so Just Four Guys could live.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Stall_19 posted:

Suzuki-Gun died so Just Four Guys could live.

But Just Four Guys didn't know that was why, because they're innocent guys.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Nthing that everyone should read the thread, but I'll highlight this because nobody has yet.

https://twitter.com/feverlime/status/1611920746095284224

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

dumb question but does anyone have that random match spinner that crawled the senor lariato list. idk if it’s still real. it only went up to 2018 but i thought it was real useful

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

dumb question but does anyone have that random match spinner that crawled the senor lariato list. idk if it’s still real. it only went up to 2018 but i thought it was real useful

the good news is that i made this web page, the bad news is it's apparently stopped working. will try to get it fixed up this weekend

the list hasn't been updated since 2018 fwiw, there have been a couple of attempts at continuing out there but i think they've all trailed off. honestly i don't know if it matters that much if newer matches are added, but i think more historical stuff has been added to njpw world since that list was made and that'd be nice to have on there

(also would be cool if someone did a similar list+randomizer for wrestle-universe or something, though i think njpw is the only service with historical content since everything else has too many rights issues. though now im imagining someone making a randomizer for sinclair-era roh on honor club and that sounds alright)

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1612656647234588679?t=EcjNTZuOJ-lCAAsvUXM2rw&s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

This accurately sums up the appeal of Kenoh as a character.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

New Beginning cards are out. Not gonna post everything but here are the main matches

Nagoya: Shingo/O-Khan KOPW
Sapporo Night 1: Catch 2/2 vs Just 2 Guys, Ospreay/Taichi, Naito/Shota
Sapporo Night 2: Bishamon/TMDK, Zack/Ishii, Hiromu/YOH
Osaka: Wato/Ishimori, Suzuki, Despe & Ren/HOT, KENTA/Tana, Hikuleo/Jay, ELP/Tama, Okada/Shingo

Looking at the tour shows, Fujita is teaming with TMDK on all of them so he’s a proper member and this isn’t just a bit Zack is doing. Despe/Suzuki/Narita are teaming with Honma and YLs so I guess they’re in Hontai

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jan 10, 2023

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sapporo Night 1 is gonna be so good

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Sapporo Night 1 is gonna be so good

I was already going to Sapporo for the snow festival so I’m glad they gave me a good one

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Main event yoh :geno:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What are the actual dates of the main shows?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nagoya: 1/22
Sapporo: 2/4, 2/5
Osaka: 2/11

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Osaka show is not bad either but that night 1 in Sapporo is gonna be great

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Having a chuckle at Karl Fredericks going from spending this month doing a singles match at Wrestle Kingdom to working the Largo Loop and learning where the hardcam is

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Rarity posted:

Having a chuckle at Karl Fredericks going from spending this month doing a singles match at Wrestle Kingdom to working the Largo Loop and learning where the hardcam is

Trying to figure out whether you're confusing Frericks with Karl Anderson or one of the YLs in the pre-show exhibition match, cause Fredericks hasn't wrestled for New Japan in over half a year.

Although with Vince back it probably wouldn't be a surprise to see Anderson on a Largo Loop as punishment for doing a job for a different company while signed to WWE.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Fredericks was going to be getting a big match at this year's WK before he blew up on Twitter for not being in the G1

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1612890250283520018

quote:

A major name in wrestling's contract is up very soon.

Fightful Select has learned that Switchblade Jay White's contract is up relatively soon, and is expected to leave New Japan Pro Wrestling, per those in the company. Those that we've spoken to believe both WWE and All Elite Wrestling are interested in getting the former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion, however, WWE sources seemed confident they would land him. However, that's far from official as it was noted from sources within multiple companies that they can't officially reach out to him until his deal is up. Until that happens, there's no guarantee he'll leave NJPW.

White is booked in a "loser leaves Japan" match in Osaka, Japan on February 11 against Hikuleo. WWE has also long expressed interest in Hikuleo, which puts the result of the match in doubt. Those on the NJPW roster are of the belief that Jay White wants to be in the United States for the time being.

We're told that WWE was has heavily recruited him, which White himself confirmed to Fightful happened in early 2021, and we're told had only accelerated. White worked IMPACT Wrestling and AEW during his NJPW run, but wasn't under contract to either, and he'd told us prior to 2021 he'd never been approached by AEW, but has since enjoyed his experiences there.

White headlined Wrestle Kingdom against Kazuchika Okada, where he'd drop the IWGP World Heavyweight Title.

It was reported years ago that Jay White was under NJPW contract until 2025, and AEW had interest. However, in speaking with Jay White across several interviews, he told Fightful "them approaching me and some contract I was on, both things 100% false.”

We're told no deal is finalized, and can't be until Jay White's New Japan Pro Wrestling deal is up. Fightful has reached out to NJPW officially, as well as Jay White, but haven't heard back.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Looking forward to a double count-out in the Jay/Hikuleo match.

The "big Bullet Club" angles that were alluded to last year haven't really panned out with departures and injuries. I'm not even sure what I'd do to revitalize BC at this point.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm not even sure what I'd do to revitalize BC at this point.

Break off House of Torture as a separate faction of cheating bastards, keep BC as the annoying shithead faction with ELP/KENTA/Ishimori/Ace/Bey and rebuild from there

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

what if I told u I predicted this

at this point if hikuleo leaves japan I’ll print out my posts & eat them

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

Looking forward to a double count-out in the Jay/Hikuleo match

wait can I change my wording

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SRS getting scoops that both Hikuleo and Jay are leaving feels like the company are leaking false info to make the match more unpredictable on at least one of them

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

Rarity posted:

Break off House of Torture as a separate faction of cheating bastards, keep BC as the annoying shithead faction with ELP/KENTA/Ishimori/Ace/Bey and rebuild from there

if chase and fale leave bc can be just 4 guys too

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

SRS getting scoops that both Hikuleo and Jay are leaving feels like the company are leaking false info to make the match more unpredictable on at least one of them

i forgot in wrestling you can get ”worked”

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

if chase and fale leave bc can be just 4 guys too

Fale will never leave :(

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

Rarity posted:

Fredericks was going to be getting a big match at this year's WK before he blew up on Twitter for not being in the G1

Fredericks: *blows up on twitter for not being in the g1*

connors: *gets drunk every day with taguchi in jr tag league*

one of these men makes better decisions

E nvm I honestly forgot but I think cc was in the g1 lol

E2: if he wasn’t idk what kfs prob is. getting mad at not being in the g1 is like getting mad that yujiros in the g1. you absolutely need that legacy slot for yujiro and it’s a similar concern because there are only slots for so many g1 wrestlers plus yujiro

baka of lathspell fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Looking forward to a double count-out in the Jay/Hikuleo match.

The "big Bullet Club" angles that were alluded to last year haven't really panned out with departures and injuries. I'm not even sure what I'd do to revitalize BC at this point.

Either that, or the guy who lost to fulfil the letter of the stipulation, but not the spirit of it. Show footage of Jay or Hikuleo leaving on a plane, and then coming back the very next day. "Hey, I left Japan. Now I'm back."