Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno anything about Kenoh, I just love referring to him as "that scumbag Kenoh!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MJeff posted:

I dunno anything about Kenoh, I just love referring to him as "that scumbag Kenoh!"

He's the world's angriest man and he's absolutely wonderful :allears:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I doubt anyone watched the Young Lions match when they went to All Japan the other week (which you should, it was great) but Oscar Leube clearly felt left out, he's making the trip alone on Monday to team with fellow tall boys Ren Ayabe and Shuji Ishikawa against Voodoo Murders, who are like if House of Torture were less creative

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake
Got to watch the tournament finals in person and the show was great.

But that might be the muggiest environment I have ever been in. Holy hell it was warm in that gym.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That was just the Watomania taking you over!

Seriously, hope you had a good time! :)

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake
I had less faith in Wato and more faith that they wouldn't have put him in the finals if he couldn't deliver. And that was a great main event. Crowd was crazy hot for both guys the entire match.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

I've never seen Despy so happy :3:

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

MJeff posted:

*trashbag Kenoh

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

kenoh getting slapped by a mile long line of wrestlers like that scene in Airplane!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Joey McChrist posted:

kenoh getting slapped by a mile long line of wrestlers like that scene in Airplane!

Kenoh is ALSO in the line.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

umino's officially a bcc member at least in new japan canon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Got to be careful about that, Gedo will try and pretend they're a Bullet Club offshoot if they don't restrain him!

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Jerusalem posted:

Got to be careful about that, Gedo will try and pretend they're a Bullet Club offshoot if they don't restrain him!

Bullet Club Club

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Big :lol: The Tats is back baby

https://twitter.com/ScottEWrestling/status/1663431269785509892

Also I saw that they're teaming HAYATO and HAYATA up for the show, which is just good business

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SG Bamboo posted:

Also I saw that they're teaming HAYATO and HAYATA up for the show, which is just good business

Someone saw the Willie Mack/Ninja Mack team in ROH

Rarity fucked around with this message at 09:28 on May 30, 2023

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Shota could learn a thing or two from the man who was deluded to think he was Shinsuke Nakamura's rival back in the day

This is going to be completely awful or awesome and there is no in-between

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
After successfully hunting all of the Bullet Club in All Japan, Yoshitatsu turns his attention to a new club, the Blackpool Combat Club

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

Dan Maloney trip report: good finisher, otherwise fine

Obscenely English looking man. Looks like he could be playing for Gillingham Town or something. Actually, this is a Boomer rear end reference but if you've ever seen Auf Wiedersehen, Pet he reminds me of Wayne, the Cockney womaniser.

Yes, I'm finally watching Night 1 of BOSJ. Should be done just in time for the G1 to start and me to fall a month behind on that.

Other NJPW views: Aussie Open in a company I don't watch loving sucks, they were such a vital shot in the arm for the tag division. Bishamon might be cool but they can't do it alone.

If you haven't seen it, watch any & all NJPW Young Lions in All Japan matches, it's always a blast how fired up they get. That one from 7th May Champion Carnival Finals especially. God drat watching Yuto Nakajima squaring off with Ryuki Honda loving ruled.

All Together Now thoughts, that Junior 6 man with Atsuki, AMAKUSA & Hiromu vs HAYATO, Wato and the most annoyingly overpushed man in NOAH should be good, but would be even better if you replaced HAYATA with Ninja Mack, Tadasuke, YO-HEY, Kotoge, Yoshioka, Yano, Eita, half the roster really. But chicks dig HAYATA apparently? And the AJPW fan in me wishes it was Minoru Suzuki tagging with Hokuto Omori vs AXIZ, or even failing that Naruki Doi, seeing as those 3 regularly Tag together but I guess those 2 are freelancers and NJPW's booking of Suzuki takes precedence. The 10 man United Empire Tag features the Saitos which is a bummer but it'll be lovely getting to see Akira getting to work with Tamura & Sato again. I just hope that unlike the Junior Festival we get serious Sato rather than wannabe Pheromones member sex-pest Sato

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bonk posted:

Bullet Club Club

Bullet Club Club For For For Life Life Life

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

Big :lol: The Tats is back baby

https://twitter.com/ScottEWrestling/status/1663431269785509892

yoshitatsu needs to take an old “bullet club hunter” shirt, tape over the “ullet” and write “lackpool combat” on the tape

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

AEW should sign Yoshitastsu

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yoshi Tatsu taught Frankie Kazarian everything he knows about hunting

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1663772290906046465?s=19

Lol at this video

Tana, Kiyomiya and miyahara are gonna win when the other team keeps fighting each other lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Okada "No Comment" is glorious after Tanahashi talking about cooperation and working together, and I'm imagining frantic NOAH office staff trying to physically restrain Kenoh as he tried to get his hands on the mic.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Okada will be far too busy beating the poo poo out of Kaito to fight his teammates

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Okada will be far too busy beating the poo poo out of Kaito to fight his teammates

Not convinced Kenoh will be happy to let anyone but Kenoh attack his "little brother".

I feel so sorry for well-rounded human being Yuma Aoyagi being stuck with these two glorious assholes :allears:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
No matter who wins, Kaito loses

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fez_machine posted:

No matter who wins, Kaito loses

Ah you found NOSAWA's booking notes

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/CMLL_OFICIAL/status/1664048333596377089?t=iJg6-LTB-5lsyD8EishurA&s=19

Getting a Reverse Fantasticamania with some New Japan guys going to Arena Mexico

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Maniafantastica!

Man I wish Lucha Bros could have a match at Forbidden Door. Preferably with Bandido vs. Naito, Shingo, and Hiromu or Titan (if Hiromu is busy with Darby).

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Is njpw gonna get a Tiger Mask 5 (or maybe 6 if they count W) when he retires?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Suplex Liberace posted:

Tiger Mask Series X

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

It's hard to imagine. I mean TMIV at this point has been Tiger Mask for longer than Sayama, Misawa & Kanemoto combined. It's possible, though I do wonder if it wouldn't be more of a hinderance than a help for the Young Lion who got the gimmick in the end. There's also currently Tiger Queen in Satoru Sayama's Strong Style Pro company, who I think the consensus is ASUKA.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Am I crazy or is Starlight Kid's mask TM inspired also? (Well, Black Tiger, I suppose, since she turned heel)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Am I crazy or is Starlight Kid's mask TM inspired also? (Well, Black Tiger, I suppose, since she turned heel)

Yes. A bunch of Stardom wrestlers used to wear masks to the ring but not wrestle in them, Mayu Iwatani for example. Queen's Quest used to all have masks until 2022. I vaguely remember it being a tribute to Fuwa, who used to be the Stardom GM & during her career wrestled as Tigre Fuka.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

uh rampage is definitely of relevance to this thread....

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1664084080718225409?s=20

plus the lucha match should be sick

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It would be a bad idea cause he's very handsome but there were some strong hints that they were setting up Uemura to inherit the Tiger Mask name

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Rarity posted:

It would be a bad idea cause he's very handsome but there were some strong hints that they were setting up Uemura to inherit the Tiger Mask name

Man that would bum me out.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Maybe this is a "Third Gunn Son" situation, but wasn't there a guy who was supposed to be Tiger Mask V, then stunk up the ring, leading to him being dropped and Tiger Mask IV (having to) continue the gimmick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Germansimp posted:

Maybe this is a "Third Gunn Son" situation, but wasn't there a guy who was supposed to be Tiger Mask V, then stunk up the ring, leading to him being dropped and Tiger Mask IV (having to) continue the gimmick?

MMA fighter Ikuhisa Minowa was Tiger Mask V :eng101: