Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

docbeard posted:

(I remember a Canadian friend in college getting REALLY UPSET at being called an American by someone pulling the whole 'the United States is only one country on the continents with America in their name AND THEREFORE' thing.)

This is a lot of fun but it's better not to get technical on it and just say any differences are inconsequential and that Washington controls Canada anyway and it's basically the 51st state, yes all the states (it's important to call them this) of Canada are about equal to one American state and yes I have heard of North Dakota.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

north dakota has 20x the population of nunavut :c00l:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Invented Canada

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The movie Prey

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Danny McBride's HBO sitcoms

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Cloks posted:

buy a truck that costs as much as a house in a major metropolitan area

that's not how much trucks or houses in major metropolitan areas cost anymore

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

that's not how much trucks or houses in major metropolitan areas cost anymore

detroit is still insane to me, this would go for 550k in the right location in austin

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/13869-Fairmount-Dr-Detroit-MI-48205/88492319_zpid/

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
that is an amazing deal but does Detroit count as major anymore

e: on the plus side it's only a mile from the nearest firearms training center

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

i say swears online posted:

detroit is still insane to me, this would go for 550k in the right location in austin

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/13869-Fairmount-Dr-Detroit-MI-48205/88492319_zpid/

I got my house for $4,000

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

That's not cool!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Weka posted:

That's not cool!

oh so what i'm supposed to fact check every post to make sure it's actually something cool first? pisso ff

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

be the most loving people in the world

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
we love to hate

Weka
May 5, 2019

Become a race of semi-sentient manburgers.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDb303T-B1w

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

diversity
https://twitter.com/gunterfehlinger/status/1617585655030087700

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

we're a melty pot

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

why does she stand so weird

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

that's a power stance

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
probably the unironic coolest thing we have going for us was the unintended effect of birthright citizenship in the 14th Amendment and intended effect of replacing the obviously mega-racist National Origins Formula with the Hart–Celler Act. the chuds would never let either happen today.

virtually every other country is a jarringly bland ethnostate in comparison to any american city

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

TenementFunster posted:

probably the unironic coolest thing we have going for us was the unintended effect of birthright citizenship in the 14th Amendment and intended effect of replacing the obviously mega-racist National Origins Formula with the Hart–Celler Act. the chuds would never let either happen today.

virtually every other country is a jarringly bland ethnostate in comparison to any american city

this may be true. Turks can’t even handle Syrians that share the same religion and generally look the same. Kurds either

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

im pretty sure theres minorities in other countries

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
white guys calling you brother with a really hard R

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

HallelujahLee posted:

what a dumb thing to type. the US has significantly more and larger groups of a wide array of people. the UK and Spain are among the least homogenous nations in Europe, and they are still 82% and 84% white. the US has vastly more ethnic diversity, and compared to Japan, Korea, and Scandinavia? Complete ownage.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Oh so Spanish people are white now? But not in the Americas?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

Oh so Spanish people are white now? But not in the Americas?
Ask them; they will tell you.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

what a dumb thing to type. the US has significantly more and larger groups of a wide array of people. the UK and Spain are among the least homogenous nations in Europe, and they are still 82% and 84% white. the US has vastly more ethnic diversity, and compared to Japan, Korea, and Scandinavia? Complete ownage.

how does this negate anything i said

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

HallelujahLee posted:

Those are majorities

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

HallelujahLee posted:

how does this negate anything i said
again, what a dumb thing to type

Weka
May 5, 2019

America is so diverse because of all the genocide. Other countries are usually populated by the original inhabitants.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

think history started some 200-odd years ago

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

America is so diverse because of all the genocide. Other countries are usually populated by the original inhabitants.
no, it’s because of birthright citizenship and LBJ-era immigration laws. Australia is much whiter than the US, for instance, because they did the genocide + apartheid without the other two things.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

TenementFunster posted:

no, it’s because of birthright citizenship and LBJ-era immigration laws. Australia is much whiter than the US, for instance, because they did the genocide + apartheid without the other two things.

what about slavery

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

mawarannahr posted:

what about slavery

that's how we got all those railroads and stuff built

Weka
May 5, 2019

TenementFunster posted:

"White alone, percent 75.8%"
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045221

Now the Australian census doesn't collect useful race data but this study says 76% have a European background.
https://humanrights.gov.au/sites/default/files/document/publication/Leading%20for%20Change_Blueprint2018_FINAL_Web.pdf

Weka
May 5, 2019

Anyway, here's a cool thing that Americans do.

Yes, that's right, I'm saying Americans have sex with hamburgers.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Weka posted:

"original" doing a lot of work there, chief.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

UK is much more diverse than the US, you lot have barely any Cornish people even

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
“White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent 59.3%”

what is the hispanic and latino population of australia?

e:

mawarannahr posted:

what about slavery
slavery explains the ~15-20% black population we’ve had since basically forever. the populations of almost every other non-white ethnic group took off only after the 1965 change to immigration law.

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 11:14 on Jan 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

again, what a dumb thing to type

you might be an imbecile op

cool things the us did apartheid slavery genocide yes yes very diverse now very good

HallelujahLee has issued a correction as of 13:54 on Jan 27, 2023