Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Thank you baby seal for being my pronoun defender ❤️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Or everybody could hop on the Tired Moritz wagon! That was a real vote, I can't explain it, I got a vibe.

*Blatantly trying to land one of those sweet sweet masonizer roles*

I don't like your posting but I also don't like GW's vote on you. GW stop sending me these mixed messages : (

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
People who are really hard to read when they're scum: GW, maer, bif

I don't necessarily think any of of them are scum this game (yet) but this is my reminder to myself that reading them as towny can be misleading

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Psycho and death cob (as little as they've posted. death cob not psycho) are coming off town to me

Would vote Anarc, GW

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Oop would also vote RWC, knew there was someone i was forgetting

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Yata posted:

I need to reread all the posts after I finish studying and make some notes before being an armchair psychologist but I have my eyes on Tired and bifauxnen. It's hard to judge the quiet people, though (that includes me, I guess.).

This is interesting and I am awaiting the followup with bated breath. I'd also like to see more from Toal.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
For serious tho psycho has a bunch of posts and appears to be getting engaged in the game, yet their only scum read is on me for 2 posts. Smells like somebody trying to go for the easy participation route and not ruffling feathers by not having a lot of scum reads, a good 6/10 on the ol scummy-o-meter

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

saladscooper posted:

i think psycho is town. i don't know that i'm convinced by their point on illu but i'm willing to see where it goes ##Illu

The original vote on Salad was a jike on him always looking scummy, but this combined with that joke/not joke on AN is setting off alarms on making excuses for votes far before they flip, a high 7/10 on the ol scummy-o-meter and now a real vote.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Illusionis posted:

For serious tho psycho has a bunch of posts and appears to be getting engaged in the game, yet their only scum read is on me for 2 posts. Smells like somebody trying to go for the easy participation route and not ruffling feathers by not having a lot of scum reads, a good 6/10 on the ol scummy-o-meter

this is not an unreasonable position, postcount leaders are there for a reason

Yata
Dec 8, 2022

saladscooper posted:

This is interesting and I am awaiting the followup with bated breath. I'd also like to see more from Toal.

Still mostly observing and too insecure to share anything concrete. I think I am approaching this too much like a computer game rather than something involving real people because psycho feels so obviously scum I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I am also reading bif as scum so far and me proclaiming it before was a way to test out if it brought any reactions. Total indifference feels scummier to me than otherwise but I don't know if that is just how they are. I don't think Tired is scum anymore.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yata posted:

I am also reading bif as scum so far and me proclaiming it before was a way to test out if it brought any reactions. Total indifference feels scummier to me than otherwise but I don't know if that is just how they are.

Feeling cautious about me is usually fair, if I get a problem with it you'll hear about it lol

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Maerlyn posted:

I like Psycho's vibe and it screams town to me, those voting him I'm side eyeing. Maybe because it reminds me of how I read people, but he's making calls/putting out feelers and seeing people balk at that is curious.

I misunderstood the "first" part of the rules and that was the first vote of the game/day, I thought it would give me an item.

This does not scan for me, I don't think Psycho is playing like you usually do, an early defense of a scum buddy or player you know to be scum? a good 5/10 on the ol scummie-o-meter.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
GW is town on account of her still being alive

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Illusionis posted:

GW is town on account of her still being alive

Wha

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

She said she would literally die if she rolled scum again

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
For serio serio GW feels like more like she's posting relaxed and not like she's rolled scum again and stressing out over that

Yata
Dec 8, 2022

Illusionis posted:

For serio serio GW feels like more like she's posting relaxed and not like she's rolled scum again and stressing out over that

That's what she wants you to think...

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Illusionis posted:

She said she would literally die if she rolled scum again

Oh lol thought it was some turbo thing carry on

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Yata posted:

That's what she wants you to think...

Ya think she's scum?

Yata
Dec 8, 2022
No, in fact there are hardly any users I am more sure of they are town than her.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Yata posted:

No, in fact there are hardly any users I am more sure of they are town than her.

Interesting, why? Also who do you think is more town than her and who's scum?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

merk (2): Maerlyn, PsychoSoldier, PsychoSoldier, Bifauxnen
Tired Moritz (2): Rhymes With Clue, Yata, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
PsychoSoldier (2): AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen, merk, Green Wing, Bifauxnen, Green Wing
AnonymousNarcotics (1): saladscooper
Illusionis (1): PsychoSoldier
Toalpaz (1): PsychoSoldier, PsychoSoldier, b-minus1
Cloacamazing! (1): Toalpaz
saladscooper (1): Illusionis
Green Wing (1): Cloacamazing!
Rhymes With Clue (1): Green Wing
death cob for cutie (1): Tired Moritz
b-minus1 (0): Green Wing, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Green Wing

Not Voting (1): death cob for cutie

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 17th, 2023 at 3 p.m. PST -- that's in about 1 day.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Deadline Update: Tuesday, 3:00pm pacific (that's about 24 hours).

Item Number: Everyone please send me an item number. I want them all in before deadline so we can quickly determine who gets items and send them out at the start of night 1. You need to send me a number between 1-100. If you want to include overpowered items in your pick, you need to tell me that as well by including "##include Overpowered Items" in your discord chat along with your number.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Yata posted:

Still mostly observing and too insecure to share anything concrete.

Yata posted:

hrm hrm hrm hrm hrm

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

death cob for cutie posted:

hrm hrm hrm hrm hrm

Yeah that's kinda weird

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Clarification Answers:

1. You will have ZERO CHANCE to receive an OP Item if you do not request to have them added to the pot. Requesting to add them simply puts any remaining OP Items into the pot for only that specific time, then they get removed from the pot before the next person picks.

2. If you request to add the OP Items to the pot, you LOSE YOUR VOTE even if you DO NOT get an OP Item.

3. You know that on the first selection tonight there will be 9 regular items in the Item Pot and 4 OP Items that exist. After that it will be a mystery and I will never reveal how many regular items are in the Item Pot or how many OP Items exist.

4. You can change your item number picks. I'll just use the most recent one that I find in your chat. If you want OP Items make sure it says so the current number pick - if you don't have the request with your most recent number I will assume you changed your mind.

5. Don't think too hard about the numbers. If people pick the same number on the same night both people will still get an item (e.g. if you both would have received the seventh item then the second person will get the eighth). I'm just trying to make it difficult to determine the existence of OP Items in the game based on how many regular items remain in the pot (hence I don't tell you pick 1-9 tonight or 1-13 tonight if you want an OP Item).

Caveat: Obviously the Special Mystery Role may change anything I say in this post.

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 17, 2023

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I think Hal is an absolute genius as a mafia player and a wonderful human being, he should definitely be promoted to comod for this game. (Shell is awesome)

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Idle Amalgam is well know for being a town superstar and all around wonderful player, I think he should be known as town supernova for how great his play is.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Sandwolf is truly the player that makes this mafia community function, without him imploring players to participate hardly any games would ever fire and his staunch advise is sorely missed this game.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Mega Dy is truly a joy and positive addition to this community clearly displayed by their avatar, they are sorely missed in this game and would surely caught scum by now.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Yata posted:

i can't see how this back and forth on GW helps anybody, much less the town. was your earlier post a joke?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
yata what are your feelings on bif

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Iggy is the greatest viggy
Always good for a song and dance,
I've knit him a sweater,
fit for any weather.
be careful when go in to hot tubs
you don't want to bite off to much.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Illusionis posted:

Iggy is the greatest viggy
Always good for a song and dance,
I've knit him a sweater,
fit for any weather.
be careful when go in to hot tubs
you don't want to bite off to much.

it is my sincere hope that you are non-fatally electrocuted

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

death cob for cutie posted:

it is my sincere hope that you are non-fatally electrocuted

:tif:

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
My Second Re-Reg is one of the greatest scum catchers of our time and I greatly wish he would be taking a part in this game right now so we could have his awesome insights.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Grandicap, cookfia is my absolutely favorite game of mafia ever, and choose me or not, if you submit me a recipe through Voodoo I promise to try my best at cooking it.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Illusionis posted:

Grandicap, cookfia is my absolutely favorite game of mafia ever, and choose me or not, if you submit me a recipe through Voodoo I promise to try my best at cooking it.

This promise binging through my death in this game

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
don't listen to death cob illu i think this is an excellent gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm not gonna suck up to the spectators but I am very much an underdog usually so I appreciate your support ❤️