Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

m-maybe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I think I will be FIRST to

##Vote Tired Moritz

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Yata posted:

I am town, but he isn't.

##Vote Tired Moritz

You need to make the vote bold so Votefinder can see it.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

All right, so it looks to me as if only two players are gonna get roles by voting, and the likelihood that one of them will be me is slight. Slim. Vaporous, even.

Therefore:

Elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist
Waves to spechat, blows a kiss

Also profuse thanks for Voodoo and Shell!

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Or everybody could hop on the Tired Moritz wagon! That was a real vote, I can't explain it, I got a vibe.

*Blatantly trying to land one of those sweet sweet masonizer roles*

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Charming the observers with a float wave and a kiss! Anyway trying.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Green Wing posted:

Spectators today get to vote on the person that they want to get an extra item pick.

I don't like those posts though, something about coming in and dropping those two posts only as the rwc content - to me it looks like somebody saying 'crumbs, I need to post something sharpish!'

and nobody has voted for rwc so, going to plant myself here before I turn into a pumpkin tonight

[B] ##vote Rhymes With Clue[b]

Oh goodie, I was feeling left out. Usually there's a whole wagon on me by this time, and then everybody take a burrito break.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

anyway, Im not sure about Toal being scum but I think bminus is town and I want them to get first pick

##vote bminus

Okay I have a sprained wrist so I'm reading more than typing but...what? You think bminus is town so you vote for him? It may be too early for me.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

ATm I feel like Clo is town, could be good vibes b/c I liked her chart. Also good vibes from death c.

Toal's posting is confusing me, sounds like she thinks there are maybe five scum? Likely will vote for her in a bit when I wake up more.

Would also switch to saladscooper, maybe illusionis. Somebody said illu as scum wouldn't be so blatant about brownnosing the spectators and I can see that.

Not moving my vote just yet b/c as soon as someone gets into hammering range that is def gonna happen this game.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Oy, it's actually later 'cause I hit preview instead of send.

##vote merk

Looks kinda scummy, has posted even less than me, and I like ties. I think this is a tie now.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Right now the votecount makes it look to me like it's scum/scum wagons at the top. And both top vote leaders have been around and have declined to self-pres on the other one. Hmmm.

In this setup it would be kind of hilarious to NL, like I would have said it couldn't happen. Who is taking a burrito break?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

death cob for cutie posted:

elaborate please

You know how someetimes it's really really hard to get scum on D1 because a buknch of people sit on vanity wagons? And then they turn out to be scum who don't want to bus.

Not always, but it happens.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

##Vote Toal

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Green Wing posted:

Hot drat I get a thing

Yes, and you can thank me, AN and Bif later. Or whenever.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

Oh right, how do you feel about shifting deadlines so all of us have a chance to hammer at some point? I think that's the fairest option, assuming it's feasible for Voodoo.

If you can't stay up all night to play mafia you're not trying!

But actually this is a point. The deadline should be at the mod's convenience but we do have a lot of time zones covered with our mods.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Scum team: Green Wing, PsychoSoldier, one of illusionis/saladscooper

Not scum: Cloacamazing, death cob, Bif

That's my N1 assessment.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

Ok, so I've reread the entire thread, and I think my reads list is something like this

TOWN(Or Survivor that I don't think is a threat)
Bif
binus
salad
GW
Illu
merk
Tired

Bif is either telling the truth or unlikely to be using it as a scum bluff imo. I also just think a lot of their solving has been genuine, especially the way their logic worked out on sussing merk after considering me as town.

binus had sort of a softer start, but ultimately feels exactly like the binus I've played with, and I've only seen him as town so I think it's a good look. Also not sure he opts to townread me when he did if scum

I have some paranoia that salad is trying to pocket me, but they had the towniest opening in my opinion and seems to have genuinely been trying to move the game forward with their posts. Feel good that the paranoia is unfounded.

GW has too much conviction and has had some posts/takes that I don't think comes from scum just trying to look good. At worst, the lack of re-eval on me isn't great, but I think is more indicative of how fervently they believe I'm scum.

Illu had the two starting posts I thought were weak as gently caress, but their return posts have been completely on point and I think they're genuinely trying to solve.

I explained merk before

My read on Tired fell off about halfway through, but won me back over with posts closer to deadline. Particularly the suggestion of giving the item to the survivor and then not really knowing where to vote but following the vote leaders they trust. Feels less like scum trying to fit in while staying in the background and more like an undecided town that wants to help make their vote be productive.

LIGHT TOWN
Death Cob

Overall, I really liked Death Cob's reactions to my posts and the way they developed their reads/votes. I think it could be an aggressive and concise posting style that could maybe be an indignant scum, but overall I feel towny vibes here.

NOT SURE
Cloacamazing
Maer

I don't think both of them are scum together. I kind of think maybe there's a guaranteed scum between the both. My biggest problem with Maer is her read on me has been the one that most feels like it's trying to pocket me or be on the right side of history when I flip. That said, I think maybe she's laying it on a bit too thick by the end of the phase. I also liked this post:

-

Not to mention if Merk is town, her saying she didn't like wanna vote either wagon and trying to drum something else up rather than just following in line may be a good look?

I felt Cloaca had one of the purest openings, but I feel like all of her reads have been nothing but shade. I kinda liked the way she clapped back at Maer, but I also didn't like that in her initial response to me about her thoughts about the people voting me, it came off a bit like she was assuming I was town.

SCUM
Anarc
Yata
RWC

Anarc has barely had any reads and feels like they're just justifying a push on me without having much oomph or trying to actually evaluate me or anyone else. The retroactive explanation for their vote on me is fine but again, ultimately just feels like excuses to not update their read.

I don't have much in the way of specific reasons I don't like Yata, but I get iffy vibes their. Apparently this is their first game so I'm trying to temper that read, and I liked that they said not to go easy on them. But something isn't feeling right, and if there's not scum elsewhere in my town/not sure reads, then I think it boxes in on Yata.

RWC feels the most like just fluff posting and trying to seem around when they aren't. They've hardly contributed any real reads. Very meh on RWC's scum reads and subsequent vote/read on merk, but I guess a good look if merk is scum

This is a weird take for me because I think it's odd to assume scum/scum wagons at this point and seems more like justifying votes on either wagon.

Again, if Merk is scum, this is probably fine, but overall, doesn't make me feel great. And I don't like the "My Tired vote was totally real for no reason!"

Okay I voted for merk and tied the wagons. They then sat there for a long time. People were here. Couldn't get anyone else to vote merk because I am not very persuasive, but also I wasn't totally sold, he just seemed the best dunk for D1.

I have no need to seem around when I'm not, that's an odd thing to say and also impossible to back up. you could just say "vibes" and I'm kind of a viby player so I'd accept that, but I don't accept the "trying to seem around" bit. Numerous people have thrown things at me this game like "I don't like these posts"--but why?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

You should explain these

Scum, Green Wing and salad had some kind of interplay that pinged me. Oh yeah. Green Wing came up with one of those "I don't like this post" things and salad came in with "I also don't like that post but I don't like GW's vote, quit confusing me GW." Looked kinda partnery. Like a "okay let's disagree" kind of thing.

Psycho because...mainly, I've seen a lot of scum killing the involved questioning player N1, Psycho was that player, not dead. Also, with Toal's flip, I will say her posts kind of confuse me, they didn't look town, but her being confirmed town makes me suspicious of who she was voting for because as town she's not bad at finding scum (I hate meta though, it can help or lead me down the totally wrong path and I can't tell which is which).The rest is vibe.

Clo doesn't seem to be driven by a scum agenda and I like her posts, same with death cob. Bif is survivor.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

What's your read on me overall?

You seem very concerned with others' read on you, why is that?

##vote psychosoldier

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Well I will try to make better posts but the game is hard and I'm bad at it!

Tired Moritz I'm calling town because (1) the posts that pinged me, I guess they are par for the course for TM according to Bif. I was looking at all the "is this ethical" stuff which looked like filler. (2) wanting Binus to have a cool item.

So I've got towncore: TM, Bif (survivor), Clo, death cob

Sometimes I just want to get lunched and get spoiled so I can find out how wrong or right I was.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

I feel that interaction is too on the nose and awkward to be an actual partner interaction.

Your read on me is based on N1 having happened. But you had me in your scum list before toal was chopped. So this is a retroactive justification for the vote, which makes me think you didn't actually have a reason for thinking I'm scum before today.

I feel there is a contradiction here but I can't quite lay it out. Yes I had you in my scum list before toal was chopped. That was before the vote, toal's read helped me solidify it, how is that retroactive?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

I feel like both AN and RWC are consistently read as scum, no matter their actual alignment. Which, funny enough, keeps fooling me into reading them as town.

That post, however:

Is pretty bad.

I really need to figure out why I keep getting read as scummy! It's getting me killed too early.

Re: AM, I voted them in a previous game for exactly the same reasons I would in this game, and they was town. So I'm kinda staying away from an AN vote right now.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

Oh right, something else I need to point out:

I am incredibly disappointed in this audience. You had the chance to make people speak in Shakespeare quotes, or post only in alliterations, or communicate entirely in emojis. You could have made them add random factoids to every post. You could have done anything. Where is the spark of creativity in this audience?

I am verklempt that the audience rewarded illusionis's fulsome praise instead of my parade float wave (blows some more kisses toward the audience just in case). Other than that, the audience is doing fine!

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

To add to this, I don't ever trust when someone tries to bolster a flimsy case with a dead townie

I suppose it's true that the confirmed dead townie doesn't know any more than any other townie. But at least I know their suspicions were sincere. That counts.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Noting because all this indicates lurking scum to me.

Jan 17 14:50

Green Wing posted:

Last post of mine before deadline, have been given leave to step away from date night in order to post on a mafia game (it's cool I made dinner)
contradiction here, says she won't be here and then says she will be here, and she was.

same quote

quote:

I don't understand, I genuinely don't see the contradiction. Sometimes scum will make good cases either against other scum or against townies who have done something scummy, I don't write get what you mean.

Maerlyn is posting weird. In particular I want to point out that she just *completely ignored* how I pointed out here that the vague shade-throw against bif didn't make sense:

This went ignored.

This vote is out of left field. And conveniently "not feeling" the vote leaders.

This is white noise. So it's posting the vote count frankly.

The AN case from Maerlyn is "sounds townie"?

I would not vote toalpaz.

I would vote merk. I would vote psycho. I would vote maerlyn. That's my D1 vague scum team picks.

Based on the Maerlyn's posts since I read the thread, this looks like scum!Maerlyn and I'm going to swerve.

No more substantial posts from me today but I will at least look at my phone close to deadline but I think given the mechanics here we're not going to NL.

##vote Maerlyn

Jan 14 15:47

Green Wing posted:

##vote Toal

So okay, can't really fault this hammer vote because of this game's unique mechanics. But why single out Toal for "I won't vote today"? Also gives "vague D1 scum picks" and if GW is scum at least one of these is also. I don't think it's Maer, although scum GW has been known to bus. You can probably figure out which one I do think it is.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

##unvote

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I'm thinking GW has an OP item which are all more dangerous in scum hands. Although not a lot more dangerous. If toxic vig she knows who's on her team and could have shot with impunity, and didn't. If she's dramatic bodyguard she's got a jugg kill, not that there's a lot that can stop a scum kill anyhow in this setup. This lasts until whoever has it is dead, apparently.

This doesn't mean I think GW is town because possibly she hasn't used her item yet because she doesn't want to show her hand. It's just something I'm thinking about.

Also my unvote does not mean I have towncleared Psycho. Leaning more toward GW but I want to be fair about things.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm more interested in Illu and Yata, considering that they could not get OP items so it's more likely they got something that could have used immediately.

Is there one in particular you're worried about?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

no, I'm sus of both, but I guess more of Illu since he actively worked for that item while Yata got theirs for being new

I actually meant one item but this works.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

At least does anyone else think Cloaca is being a bit buddy buddy with GW

Yes

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Sorry, I kinda flaked out yesterday possibly owing to having powerlifted a literal ton of snow off my driveway and sidewalks, shovelful by shovelful, and then walking two dogs through areas where other people had not done that, i.e. high-stepping, plowing through, and slipping a lot. Then I drank to forget, and it worked.

Still like GW for scum, haven't really seen anything to change my mind but I do have some other thoughts. I will get to that in a bit.

##vote Green Wing

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

I'd very much like to know your thoughts on merk

I have seen scum-merk bus a partner and I did not sense that in his case on GW. However, merk has a big range so it is possible. The quick shift to someone else did seem a little scummy. I know that is waffle-y but I am eating a waffle atm so there's that.

There is a slight problem in my thinking because in every game I've been in witherrther merk or Gw they have been scum, trying to shake that out of my head atm.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

And to add: I am most sincerely looking for scum, and if I vote somebody who's town it's a mistake because I am a stupid doody-head. But scum are really not helping me out here!

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

If you found out right now GW was town, how would that change your read?

Further, what are your thoughts on Cob?

Right now I'm still thinking cob is town. He did, or said, a couple of things that looked really towny. Could be he did them on purpose to look really towny but I'm going on the theory that most of us are not scum here.

If I found out right now that GW was town...I would probably look at salad. He was defending me, could be buttering me up, and it is a thing I'm taking with a grain of salt. I don't know what his caper is. Lettuce see. Okay sorry about that last I do'n't know what got into me I couldn't help myself. Pass the dressing.

And on preview I see that GW would omgus me if she could. GW I am not scum! I mean this is a guessing game but that is a bad guess.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

Can you point out the things cob did that looked towny to you?

Also, I meant how would your read on merk change if GW flipped town.

Also, of course most of us are not scum here? That's the setup of the game? Shouldn't even be a theory.

Of course what I meant is that any one of us has a better chance of not being scum, that better? And yes, it is the setup of the game.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

Oh, hey, Illu pointed out a couple of the things I was seeing(primarily about laying the groundwork for hopping back to toal). I also think the catch about reading me bad because of toal's read when at the time RWC was completely happy to vote toal is a good catch, too. It shows a lot of dissonance with reads and no real follow-up to anything other than in the moment.

Look, I thought Toal's d1 posting was problematic, and had no problem voting her, when she was the vote leader, and I would have preferred merk D1 but that wasn't happening. And also I said who looked towny to me D1 (I think I said this D1), and everybody else looked equally like they could be scum, because D1 anybody could have been scum as far as I knew, except me and the uncounter-claimed survivor.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

You also didn't show me which posts of death Cob's that you thought were towny

Yeah, the most towniest one was where deathcutie said he voted Toal so that b- could get a cool object for being first. but that could be faked. I also liked the one about electrocuting illusionis, no particular reason. Basically didn't say anything I thought looked particularly scummy, or had a scummy agenda.

the thing about saying he wanted binus to get a cool object, this is something scum could think of but there is an extra step there, as opposed to someone who was town. This player could be one who would take that extra step and god knows I am gullible to that sort of thing.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

what is the purpose of this post? who are you trying to convince?

*sigh*

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

oh you know I'd sweep that

were you in the game where I translated the entire John Galt speech into Pokemon noises? I guess technically that was three very long shitposts since it didn't all fit into one message, but

I think I want to hear RWC's justification for that dogshit post rather than discuss it

(1) probably not voting today for a player who translated the entire etc. and

(2) that is not a dogshit post! Here is a dogshit post: I'm walking my dog in mucho snow. There is a place where someone has piled up a bunch of snow from the last three snowstorms, it's about six feet tall and looks like the Hillary Step. Up she goes. And then she squats. And I'm like, "Noooo, I am not climbing up there with my plastic baggie gently caress you dog" but fortunately it rolled halfway down before it stuck and started melting into the snow. Whereupon I was able to fulfill my civic dog-owner's duty/doodee.

Now that you may call a literal dogshit post. The other one? Pffft.

Upon edit: death cob for cutie the post in question was aimed at Psycho but was intended to convince anyone, wtf just vote me instead of all this shade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

Oh, hey, Illu pointed out a couple of the things I was seeing(primarily about laying the groundwork for hopping back to toal). I also think the catch about reading me bad because of toal's read when at the time RWC was completely happy to vote toal is a good catch, too. It shows a lot of dissonance with reads and no real follow-up to anything other than in the moment.

I read you bad because of toal's read AFTER she had flipped, not at at time when I was completely happy to vote toal, this is not a good catch.