Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Vote early and never move my vote? Yeah I can do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
This guy looks very scummy ##vote Saladscooper

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

saladscooper posted:

this is like, only 50% a jokevote honestly, the way they jumped on psycho's vote is rubbing me the wrong way

Illusionis posted:

This guy looks very scummy ##vote Saladscooper
:haw:

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

PsychoSoldier posted:

Actually, up on further review

##vote Illusionis

This one especially can get got. Major floatage.

Don't you know it's terribly rude to comment on a persons buoyancy:nono:

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
For serious tho psycho has a bunch of posts and appears to be getting engaged in the game, yet their only scum read is on me for 2 posts. Smells like somebody trying to go for the easy participation route and not ruffling feathers by not having a lot of scum reads, a good 6/10 on the ol scummy-o-meter

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

saladscooper posted:

i think psycho is town. i don't know that i'm convinced by their point on illu but i'm willing to see where it goes ##Illu

The original vote on Salad was a jike on him always looking scummy, but this combined with that joke/not joke on AN is setting off alarms on making excuses for votes far before they flip, a high 7/10 on the ol scummy-o-meter and now a real vote.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Maerlyn posted:

I like Psycho's vibe and it screams town to me, those voting him I'm side eyeing. Maybe because it reminds me of how I read people, but he's making calls/putting out feelers and seeing people balk at that is curious.

I misunderstood the "first" part of the rules and that was the first vote of the game/day, I thought it would give me an item.

This does not scan for me, I don't think Psycho is playing like you usually do, an early defense of a scum buddy or player you know to be scum? a good 5/10 on the ol scummie-o-meter.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
GW is town on account of her still being alive

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

She said she would literally die if she rolled scum again

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
For serio serio GW feels like more like she's posting relaxed and not like she's rolled scum again and stressing out over that

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Yata posted:

That's what she wants you to think...

Ya think she's scum?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Yata posted:

No, in fact there are hardly any users I am more sure of they are town than her.

Interesting, why? Also who do you think is more town than her and who's scum?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I think Hal is an absolute genius as a mafia player and a wonderful human being, he should definitely be promoted to comod for this game. (Shell is awesome)

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Idle Amalgam is well know for being a town superstar and all around wonderful player, I think he should be known as town supernova for how great his play is.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Sandwolf is truly the player that makes this mafia community function, without him imploring players to participate hardly any games would ever fire and his staunch advise is sorely missed this game.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Mega Dy is truly a joy and positive addition to this community clearly displayed by their avatar, they are sorely missed in this game and would surely caught scum by now.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Iggy is the greatest viggy
Always good for a song and dance,
I've knit him a sweater,
fit for any weather.
be careful when go in to hot tubs
you don't want to bite off to much.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

death cob for cutie posted:

it is my sincere hope that you are non-fatally electrocuted

:tif:

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
My Second Re-Reg is one of the greatest scum catchers of our time and I greatly wish he would be taking a part in this game right now so we could have his awesome insights.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Grandicap, cookfia is my absolutely favorite game of mafia ever, and choose me or not, if you submit me a recipe through Voodoo I promise to try my best at cooking it.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Illusionis posted:

Grandicap, cookfia is my absolutely favorite game of mafia ever, and choose me or not, if you submit me a recipe through Voodoo I promise to try my best at cooking it.

This promise binging through my death in this game

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

im looking at all the first voters and im only comfy with bminus and bif
##vote merk

Still doing catch up, but this and the preceding posts by TM are pinging me quite a bit. It's very on brand for TM to get bogged down in game mechanics , but this feels a lot more deliberate than usual, a way to avoid actually calling anybody scum and making it about who started the vote.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Toal feels like she's town with how much she's just loving around.

Merk I don't have a good read on yet, but I don't like the votes on him, wouldn't vote for today.

Psycho still feels like he's being very hedgy and not really making scum calls/committing to them ##vote PsychoSoldier

Would also vote Maer, I still don't think her early town read Psycho feels genuine and I really don't like her AN vote.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I'll be on until deadline and will move my vote around 10 minutes to deadline to avoid no lunch, of the vote leaders I'm rather going for Toal despite that kinda towny feeling on her. Bif's a claimed non-town, could be scum doing a gambit, more likely is a survivor, but I very much don't want her getting an item.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

PsychoSoldier posted:

I'm here for a hot sec if we need a hammer, but I get if people don't trust me enough to get second pick of an item.

It's already hammer, GW and Binus get a chance at getting viggy with it tomorrow

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Cloacamazing! posted:

You're telling me your first action each day hasn't been to type "include overpowered items" in your confessional? Can you even say you're playing the game right if you don't do that? (Disclaimer: Would not recommend this action close to LYLO)

Seal Fact: Seal in German is "Seehund" (sea dog), because clearly they look like dogs. Or possibly because German animal names are weird as gently caress.

This is a clear lie as you haven't lost your vote ##vote Cloacamazing!

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Uhhhh ummm ackstually, you only lose your vote if you put in OP items and receive an item

No putting in for an OP item always loses your vote, I asked this of Voodo d1

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I would like to thank our wonderful spectators for granting me an item. I've been thinking about claiming it or not as it's not a full clear or anything, but I don't see how knowing it really benefits scum either. I looked Tired Moritz deep in the eyes and not only is he loved, he is not guilty of murdering poor Binus.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Cloacamazing! posted:

No, it doesn't, the OP clearly says if you pick OP items and get to pick an item.

Voodoo very clearly told me I would lose my vote even if I didn't get a pick when I asked him about it

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Cloacamazing! posted:

Quote from the OP.

Seal Fact: The English word "seal" being used for the animal, the thing you close a bottle with and the act of closing said bottle leads to endless hilarity when looking at baby seal plushes on AliExpress or other sites.

I mean yes I did now notice that in the op, but Voodoo did also tell me I would lose my vote simply for putting in for one. I'm going to wait for his answer on that ##unvote

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Hello folks, sorry for disappearing yesterday, I had a busy afternoon/evening and didn't really have energy to mafia. Voodoo cleared things up for me in discord and it was a misunderstanding, you only lose your vote if you have an item pick. So all that with Clo was big nothing.

My strongest scum read at this point is RWC, her posting has a lot of instances that don't seem genuine to me.

First here, scum reading Toal for having five scum reads, that sounds rather fake, having more scum reads than there are scum in the game is nothing unusual, only scum know exactly which 3 players are scum. In fact her own n1 post presents 4 scum candidates quite contradicting herself. Also she's completely sidestepping looking at the actual content of Toal's post and only pointing out the number of reads as the reason for scumminess.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

ATm I feel like Clo is town, could be good vibes b/c I liked her chart. Also good vibes from death c.

Toal's posting is confusing me, sounds like she thinks there are maybe five scum? Likely will vote for her in a bit when I wake up more.

Would also switch to saladscooper, maybe illusionis. Somebody said illu as scum wouldn't be so blatant about brownnosing the spectators and I can see that.

Not moving my vote just yet b/c as soon as someone gets into hammering range that is def gonna happen this game.

This also doesn't make much sense. If the 2 vote leaders are scum/scum leading up to the deadline it would make far more sense for both or at least one of them to heavily sus the other, get the scum flip and clear their own name for being the lunch candidate pushed as an alternative to scum. This seems like she's laying the groundwork for hopping back to Toal.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Right now the votecount makes it look to me like it's scum/scum wagons at the top. And both top vote leaders have been around and have declined to self-pres on the other one. Hmmm.

In this setup it would be kind of hilarious to NL, like I would have said it couldn't happen. Who is taking a burrito break?

Both GW and Psycho have already pointed this post out, but I think it bears repeating. The reasoning she gives here for sussing Psycho n1 is very bad. For Toal sussing him and then indeed retroactively indeed for him being alive after n1. Why are none of the others Toal sussed in RWC's list of possible scum? For example no mention of AN who Toal says she would also vote in the same post she votes Psycho in.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Scum, Green Wing and salad had some kind of interplay that pinged me. Oh yeah. Green Wing came up with one of those "I don't like this post" things and salad came in with "I also don't like that post but I don't like GW's vote, quit confusing me GW." Looked kinda partnery. Like a "okay let's disagree" kind of thing.

Psycho because...mainly, I've seen a lot of scum killing the involved questioning player N1, Psycho was that player, not dead. Also, with Toal's flip, I will say her posts kind of confuse me, they didn't look town, but her being confirmed town makes me suspicious of who she was voting for because as town she's not bad at finding scum (I hate meta though, it can help or lead me down the totally wrong path and I can't tell which is which).The rest is vibe.

Clo doesn't seem to be driven by a scum agenda and I like her posts, same with death cob. Bif is survivor.

Toalpaz posted:

I'll vote psycho or an or whatever, but I won't vote Merk. I'm getting on the bus home so

##vote psycho

Just because it feels like bullying to vote AN

This I think is also a pretty weak gotcha, if scum GW was planning on sticking around and f5 thread to get the hammer why would she say this at all? To be clear I don't think this is particularly alignment indicative for GW at all and this feels like RWC reaching for an easy point to make.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Noting because all this indicates lurking scum to me.

Jan 17 14:50

contradiction here, says she won't be here and then says she will be here, and she was.

same quote

Jan 14 15:47

So okay, can't really fault this hammer vote because of this game's unique mechanics. But why single out Toal for "I won't vote today"? Also gives "vague D1 scum picks" and if GW is scum at least one of these is also. I don't think it's Maer, although scum GW has been known to bus. You can probably figure out which one I do think it is.

##vote Rhymes With Clue

preview edit: This is also a pretty good point.

PsychoSoldier posted:

Wait, hold up - what happened to the merk read? Earlier she said he was scummy, and then later:

Look at the bolded. She speaks as if she felt merk was.a good hit. Yet there is zero read on merk. And after this point, D2 has been about accusing me or accusing GW. No mention of merk who even starts becoming a wagon option.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
The other player I've got a pretty high scum read on is Salad. His early joke/not joke posts pinged me and now looking back at his posting the number of early and in some cases pretty certain looking town reads seems like it could be some TMI.

Here Psycho and Cob very early on, also note AN and GW as the vote candidates, the same people he's been pushing all of today too.

saladscooper posted:

Psycho and death cob (as little as they've posted. death cob not psycho) are coming off town to me

Would vote Anarc, GW

Yata

saladscooper posted:

yeah you're town

Here he does first question TM's scumminess, but then defends him a few hours later, also town reads myself

saladscooper posted:

skimmed through the posts

moritz and rwc putting merk at a tie with toal is hmm... one of them might be scum

saladscooper posted:

TM does do setup spec a lot but I think these game mechanics are pretty consequential, and it's worth considering who the powers are going to be given to when putting a vote down. Obviously whether a player is scummy or not is a bigger consideration, but if you're not wild about either vote option it's not a bad way of making a decision in this context. For me, I trust binus and Bif equally, so that's not a factor in who I want to vote. And Toal, to me, is clearly scummier than merk.

That being said I think this casing comes from a town PoV and I'm feeling pretty good about Illu

Then RWC early today and this mention of her making a real scumhunting effort does also clash with RWC's posting in my eyes.

saladscooper posted:

After mulling it over I think I want to ##vote Anarc

RWC's posting has been pretty good today. I think she's putting forth real scumhunting effort even if I disagree with her conclusions a lot of the time - I especially think this post of hers feels like an engaged townie:

Bif is still a claimed survivor. Don't wanna go there for now but if she starts pinging me really hard (she hasn't yet) I'll swing there.

GW hasn't been around at all today and I want to see more from her before I make a stronger judgment call, but I feel better about RWC/Bif than I do about her so she's my de facto second place lunch candidate for behavior.

Anarc, meanwhile, is still low content and low scumhunting, plus a weak vote on Toal EoD and an even weaker explanation. fee fi fo fum, i smell the blood of a scumlishman.

All these together with his pushed targets today being GW and AN, his very early scum reads, with not much effort in looking at anybody else for today doesn't have the usual Salad energy to me and I would also happily lunch him today.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Maerlyn posted:

Also speaking of Bif , I think she should be voted out sooner rather than later when her presence may cost town a victory. It happened in a Deadmeat game when a survivor sided with scum which was pretty brutal to observe (I was dead by that point).

Scum won't be particularly bothered with NKing her because her survival doesn't cost them a win.

I'm kind of surprised merk "kill all 3P" isn't concerned but then again it's early in the game.

But to be completely transparent when I was a survivor I also argued that I should stay in the game (and the scum argued that I should be killed) but I was trying to be helpful for town/scumhunting, rather than this attitude:

"Sucks to be you guys"? 😒

I don't quite agree on lunching Bif soon, while survivors are dangerous to town since they make mylo/lylo come a day earlier. This particular pair of survivors can't win the game if both of them are still alive, this is something to consider both if we approach lylo/mylo or have gotten 2 of the scum out, but I don't think activating the other survivors win condition by lunching Bif is a smart move. This is also why I have that worry about Bif possibly being a scum running this as a gambit because there is extra incentive for town not lunch her.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
It is also one of the reasons I think Bif did this play if she is the survivor she's readily identifying herself for scum if they need to kill one of the survivors to get an earlier mylo/lylo

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Yeah I don't like this GW lunch, I think she's a bad lunch for today in general and I'm leaning town on her. I also don't think her being hard to lunch rings very true, she's been leading or tied up for leading pretty much all day.

I also don't like that Salad had that jump in suspicion to Death Cob and then went back to GW, whose lunch would give Death Cob an item without any mention of that. I'm going to consolidate here ##vote Saladscooper since RWC doesn't look to be happening. BTW Cloaca your vote on Salad was not correctly formatted.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
And big thanks to whoever bought me this av :swoon:

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

PsychoSoldier posted:

I actually fear we won't get a lynch today

Why?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Maer not having a vote down yet and not even a really clear sus on anybody is starting to look worse and worse.

From what I gather of her posts today GW seems to be her only stated scum read, though she does doubt it after this post.

Maerlyn posted:

GW - We were scum together in the last game, I see some differences in her posting here, her reads seem somewhat flailing? For example she uses my posting VF as a scum tell which is absurd, I do that as any alignment if VF isn't routinely posted.

There was also this comment about Bif saying she's not town and my reaction to TM that GW leapt at like an attempted gotcha:

GW has been on my case a lot despite my absence which feels strange, like a consistent attempt to point attention away from her instead of actually scum hunting.

Maerlyn posted:

I like this post a lot. The shift from Merk to Toal is interesting and I do think a couple scum shifted to Toal at the last minute. I'm not certain if GW with the hammer is an obvious scum move. **Bif had a point about the hammer that I can't remember because I'm falling asleep as I'm typing this, I'll see if I can dredge it up from my sleepy brain later.

She hasn't commented on RWC and death cob either after saying she would be reading them next.

The one thing giving me pause here is that lurking scum isn't really what I would expect from Mae and this comment especially doesn't seem like something she would do as scum.

Maerlyn posted:

I'm trying to engage in this game but I'm really tired so you'd be doing me a favor if you just eliminated me.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

PsychoSoldier posted:

Just because there's not enough that want to chop GW, and there's not enough agreement on alternatives. Two of the people that could agree on alternatives can't vote.

So it'll likely come down to people deciding whether they value getting a flip over following their reads.

Like for me, I don't want to vote GW today, and I don't think I'd vote to hammer there even if she gets close.

Interesting, who's the second person not able to vote?

Are you so sure on GW being town that you think no lunch is better for town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Death cob also seems somewhat scummy to me, less so than RWC or Salad, but I think part of that is because there's not a ton of alignment related content to point at there. The refusal to elaborate on other reads is a bold move if scum, but I've never seen him before, is this his usual playstyle?

Merk to me is the least scummy player on GW right now, his case on her doesn't seem manufactured and parts of it did give me some doubts about GW, ultimately I disagree with his conclusions, but I don't think he's likely scum.

Bonus seal fact, did you know that Finland has it's own species of seal. The Saimaa ringed seal only appears in lake Saimaa, they were isolated over 9000 years ago after the ice age and are one of the most endangered seal species in the world with only a little over 400 individuals alive.