Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Time to have ourselves a potluck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

PsychoSoldier posted:

Vote me harder uwu

:nms:

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Green Wing posted:

I will be first to ##vote b-minus1, hasn't said he's town smh

Binus D1 vote is a sure scumtell, and also nobody has voted GW yet, so ##vote Green Wing!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Although actually if you want to powergame this, it's first current vote, so you'll want to be second or third vote or ideally first vote after jokephase... I'll need to calculate this.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Calculations finished:

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Tired Moritz posted:

Ya know I haven't died day 1 in a while so I don't mind being turbo'd.

Why are you like this in every game, dude?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Toalpaz posted:

There's items,??

Cruel ##vote Cloaca here

There is! And this baby seal is getting its chubby little flippers on the good poo poo, just you wait!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

saladscooper posted:

decent point actually, has maer posted anything at all besides that vote? i guess it's still pretty early in the morning for her but still

I am kind of confused that Maer is voting merk, yeah.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

b-minus1 posted:

TIL this setup has survivors

This changes everything

And suddenly I'm having horrible flashbacks to the game where half my scumteam didn't bother reading their roles...

You had a jugg, Grandi! A jugg!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

PsychoSoldier posted:

Cloacamaxing, where are your reads right now, no matter how basic or unsure? At least, what do you make of me and the people voting me?

Well, AN's vote is pretty bad obviously, what with the "I am jokevoting, but also maybe not" vibe.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I really wanna be like lol this is joke phase whatever but this vote is really pinging me

##vote psychos

Although that merk vote is pretty bad too. The rest doesn't seem bad, Bif's probably joking and the others raise a decent point.

What with everybody trying to get the first vote in on some rando, I'm not looking to much at where votes are going for now. Didn't expect someone to reach half the required votes for lunch that fast, but I don't think it's necessarily a sign of scum interfering.

Also,

PsychoSoldier posted:

Vote me harder uwu

Say that again and I promise I will vig you with all the vigs I can get.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
As for other reads, the posts that stand out for me right now are:

Maerlyn posted:

##vote merk

Pretty sure Maerlyn is in the "merk doesn't play often, so let's not lunch him D1" camp. At the very least, she was saying that in Cookfia.

saladscooper posted:

this is like, only 50% a jokevote honestly, the way they jumped on psycho's vote is rubbing me the wrong way

Similar to AN, we have another specimen of "I'm only joking BUT".

Tired Moritz posted:

Actually, I'm gonna prod someone

##vote Death cob

Not really a fan of that post, prodding someone right after they wander into the thread.

Green Wing posted:

The sleepy gun vampire has a point this was 30 minutes ago

And certainly not a fan of that post. GW, are you continuing your scummy streak? This is a safe place, you can tell us. It's not safe.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Maerlyn posted:

I like Psycho's vibe and it screams town to me, those voting him I'm side eyeing. Maybe because it reminds me of how I read people, but he's making calls/putting out feelers and seeing people balk at that is curious.

I misunderstood the "first" part of the rules and that was the first vote of the game/day, I thought it would give me an item.

Okay, but why merk? I realize "Cloacamazing!" takes significantly longer to type and Yata has newbie-turbo-immunity, but still.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
AN is they/them. Sorry for harping on it, but it keeps happening and I know they hate being called anything else.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
##vote Illusionis

Kissing spectator's rear end needs to be punished.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Tired Moritz posted:

okay we're less than 12 hrs to deadline so Im accepting being turbo'd for maximum fun but I also dont want RWC to have first pick of the item so someone get them off me!!

Moritz, stop being so god drat suicidal in every game!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Bifauxnen posted:

Actually I'm not! Hopefully I'm somewhere on the right track so this game'll go quick though

Gasp!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Green Wing posted:

Oh neat I have no idea how survivors are meant to play around here, my assumption would be that we kill them immediately as they're liable to side with scum to end the game early.

But I'm willing to be told I'm wrong on that so would be interested in how survivors are usually dealt with.

I think it's kind of a mix between "They can win with town, it's fine" and "LUNCH ALL 3P!"

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
In this case with the additional bonus that both survivors need to backstab the other one to win.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Anybody here called Leon?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Going for serious posting here a bit, I don't like either of Maerlyn's and Psycho Soldier's initial merk votes for reasons already stated. I'm not too keen on GW's posting today either, and also if she really did roll scum again, we need to put her out of her misery.

Especially not a fan of this:

Green Wing posted:

I still think psycho gets a stronger ping - I think the reasons there are pretty self-evident? I'd go back to there towards deadline if things swung that way, for sure. And while I'm reluctant to vote the newbie, I think I'm getting a hint of Newbie Scum here so I'm going to harden my heart and ##vote Yata

After GW said earlier she was not going to turbo Yata:

Green Wing posted:

I don't think Yata has played a game before according to vote history so no turboing them today either.

Definitely not feeling good about this exchange here:

PsychoSoldier posted:

Just a reminder that Illusionis is still a great starting wagon. They'd actually make for an excellent counter-wagon to me since that's how this all started. Let's have some real pressure and competition to heat things up. And then we can truly figure out if they're on the up and up when they return.

saladscooper posted:

i think psycho is town. i don't know that i'm convinced by their point on illu but i'm willing to see where it goes ##Illu

This one's not great either:

Bifauxnen posted:

Actually I'm not! Hopefully I'm somewhere on the right track so this game'll go quick though

In a "Why are you claiming this D1?" way. It is clearly meant to imply Survivor, but it seems like at best a bad move that could get you killed, at worst a sneaky scum play.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Not a fan of the merk wagon, both because of the voters and because I have literally never seen merk reach Day 2, he keeps getting D1 lunched or N1 killed.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
That statement seemed kind of needlessly dramatic to me, but okay. If it helps, you're not top of my scum list.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Toalpaz posted:

Sc...a cum t...eam..? Scum team?

I see yet another pro mafia player fell into a bucket of cum. Why does this keep happening?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Maerlyn posted:

I will admit I have not been giving this game the attention it deserves, I am going to try to weigh in over lunch and later today.

I think if merk were scum he'd be a lot more present/pushy so null read on him for now.
Bif sounds like her usual self.

I'm going to ##vote Cloaca because she can think I'm being scummy, that's fine but I object to her using the same argument as validation for her vote even after I've explained that I had been incorrect in my thinking, I made an error... It's basically a joke vote. I don't see a shifting in her read if she's just sticking to the same argument as an excuse to vote me.

I'll have more thoughts later, probably after work.

I'm not even voting you, Maer.

Well, okay, I am now ##vote Maerlyn, but that's because I've seen scum Maer make stuff up like that before, and she still pretends like my issue with her vote is the timing and not the target. Again: my point is that Maerlyn usually advocates against lunching merk D1.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Voodoofly posted:

All Items have been delivered

Fun Facts: more than one of you chose 69 as your number. More than one of you chose 96 as your number thinking that everyone else would choose 69.

Stay classy, internet.

Also I just wanted to say, I am very disappointed in our audience for falling for such obvious shallow flattery. I for one will not stoop to such base tactics!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Voodoofly posted:

Audience Participation for Night 1: The audience will pick one player before the start of Day 2, and will decide whether that player will be Loved or Hated on Day 2. Also, we are handing lurker controls over to the audience. They will be allowed to identify any potential lurkers and propose suitable punishments. We, the best mods ever, will then decide whether those punishments are enforced.

This, on the other hand, can only bring greatness.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Oh right, how do you feel about shifting deadlines so all of us have a chance to hammer at some point? I think that's the fairest option, assuming it's feasible for Voodoo.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Baby seals need their sleep! If I don't get enough sleep, I will be a very grumpy baby seal, and can you imagine that?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

I'd say it's more likely to be harmful than good for town, since there's some stuff that you might not want scum to know about. I'm very curious about the Mystery Item (tm), and looking forward to finding out if anybody got a vig, but if nothing else I am confident we'll find the latter out soon enough.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
binus noooooo...

I am now going to scour the list for people most likely to N1 kill binus. Oh, hey there, bif.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Okay then...

People voting Toal:

Psycho Soldier: first vote, probably jokevote, not much to see here
binus: No justification given (well, technically he later claimed to have picked a player at random, anyway, he's mod-confirmed town)
death cob for cutie: Gave this post from Toal as justification:

Toalpaz posted:

fake indignation

Content lurking

voted me

also scum

"there's a logical reason for vote leaders d1 in a game that incentivizes people to vote spread out"

scum

wtf is this post

Yata: voted right after, citing similar reasons as death cob while also proving they understand what this game is about

Yata posted:

Same reasons as you above, desinterested posts asking harmless questions at the start of the game and then quoting five different people reads like scum trying to misdirect. But maybe accussing everyone of being scum and awaiting reactions is the true meta for this game.

salad: Same reasoning
TM: wanted to give binus a cool item

Half an hour before deadline, merk and Toal were both at 4, so Bif, AN, RWC and GW voted in quick succession.

I think if there's scum in the Toal vote, the obvious place would be in the final four. They were all on the merk wagon before, and, barring RWC, on the earlier Psycho Soldier wagon as well.

Thing is, with the items rules being what they are, it obviously makes sense for there to be a rush towards the end, because nobody wants to cast a middle vote and vote themselves out of a cool item, so a bunch of votes piling up in quick succession is not really unexpected. Death, Yata and salad all using the same post from Toal seems a bit more fishy to me.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
binus was presumably killed because he got an overpowered item, and frankly, binus with a vig is a scary thought that gives me traumatic flashbacks, so I kind of get where they're coming from. He didn't get to post many reads, but read salad as town and wanted people to stop voting TM.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Cloacamazing! posted:

binus was presumably killed because he got an overpowered item, and frankly, binus with a vig is a scary thought that gives me traumatic flashbacks, so I kind of get where they're coming from. He didn't get to post many reads, but read salad as town and wanted people to stop voting TM.

Minor correction: If I read the rules correctly, binus was not guaranteed to get an overpowered item, just applied for one.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

PsychoSoldier posted:

What's your read on me overall?

More town than not currently. There was that early train on you, that seemed to fade out naturally and not like other players trying to move their attention away from you. Read you a bit scummier later, when it looked like you were more interested in posting anything at all and trying out several reads in quick succession, but overall that looks more like you poking any player to see what happens.

Also

Rhymes With Clue posted:

You seem very concerned with others' read on you, why is that?

That, but less in a "This player must be scum" way like RWC sees it, and more in a "Wow, this guy sure likes talking about himself" way. ;)

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I feel like both AN and RWC are consistently read as scum, no matter their actual alignment. Which, funny enough, keeps fooling me into reading them as town.

That post, however:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Just for the record, I voted late bc I didn't think Toal was scum but didn't wanna nl. Not bc I was trying to get an item

Is pretty bad.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Oh right, something else I need to point out:

Voodoofly posted:

The audience also felt no lurker punishment was necessary.

I am incredibly disappointed in this audience. You had the chance to make people speak in Shakespeare quotes, or post only in alliterations, or communicate entirely in emojis. You could have made them add random factoids to every post. You could have done anything. Where is the spark of creativity in this audience?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Voodoofly posted:

The audience rumbles, and I feel the need to intervene. Many lurker punishment ideas were discussed for more than one player. I was the one who ruined the audience's parade with a had a hard and fast rule that a lurker punishment could NOT make it harder to post. The audience fought me on this. They called me names. They spoke ill of my character. See for yourself.

Thankfully I do not fear the audience or their capricious nature. But all of you should!

An Audience Punishment for Insolence has been enacted for Cloacamazing!: For the rest of Day 2, you must include at least one fact about seals in your posts. The audience wanted this to be in every post, but we will say at least every other post must contain at least one fact about seals. Failure to do so will result in a much more serious punishment that the audience will determine. Enjoy!

Now that is what I call an appropriate punishment!

Did you know that part of seal care is bopping them on the nose, so they scrunch their faces up? That way, you can see if their throats are alright!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Tired Moritz posted:

I would like to know what Illu and Yata got as well.

Can we not itemfish? I'm pretty sure scum benefits from knowing "Hey, this player over there has a Tracker!"

Morning seal fact: Hugging a baby seal has a distinctive white and greyish, fluffy feel to it. It is very relaxing and you should try it.

Bonus seal fact: The audience has no idea what they have unleashed. I don't even need the trivia generator (but thanks for that link, I will spend several hours clicking through that), I have enough seal trivia to last me for a whole thread. And nobody ever said I couldn't make up my own.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Tired Moritz posted:

Tbh I do think it's kinda weird to make a claim that you like to vote when you yourself took away your ability to vote by including OP items. What item were you aiming for?

You're telling me your first action each day hasn't been to type "include overpowered items" in your confessional? Can you even say you're playing the game right if you don't do that? (Disclaimer: Would not recommend this action close to LYLO)

Seal Fact: Seal in German is "Seehund" (sea dog), because clearly they look like dogs. Or possibly because German animal names are weird as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Green Wing posted:

On the hammer : why wouldn't I hammer in the game? That's mad. No I didn't think Toalpaz was scum, I made that clear, but refreshing the thread and seeing it get to - 2 then - 1,you bet I'm taking that item

This is literally where I'm posting from now but thankfully I put a helpful note on my character sheet

[timg] https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1035909683837403261/1065402050277539941/20230118_224701_001.jpg[/timg]

I'm still trying to get a read on GW in general, but just wanted to say this is in fact a very townie looking character sheet. The low hardness means it should be difficult for her to start a scum slapfight, while the high weirdness makes her posts hard to read. Would recommend increasing sharpness for scumhunting though.

Seal fact: Seals and sea lions look a lot alike, but there are various differences. For example, seals have no earlobes, only holes in their head (don't worry, this is not painful, they like it that way). Sea lions have earlobes.