Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I thought the national championship game was supposed to be on, but ESPN2 had Pat McAfee in what I can only assume was a very large abortion clinic, like when I was a kid and my dad would flip through the channels and always seemed to find TLC when it was the surgery show. But now there's an aftermath thread for the season, so I guess the game did happen?

I'm very confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

The pat McAfee feed was worth it to see him scream "BIG GAPING HOLE" at Tebow and then Tebow immediately leaving.

Does it often rain inside Sofi Stadium, because McAfee seemed to be really fixated on that - I mean there wasn't much else to discuss.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

Where else do you put them? They beat Michigan, so ranking them below Michigan looks weird. Everyone else below them has the same record or worse.

#1 - Georgia
T-#2 - Probably like the rest of the Top Ten, gently caress it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Manoueverable posted:

Yeah Penix chose to come back next year. Guess he must not have liked what he heard about his draft chances.

#8 to finish the year is way, way above what I anticipated going into the season, and I hope we can find a way to improve on that next year.

Penix loves going deep in Seattle, I say let him.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I think if your cream is crimson, you need to seek medical attention right away.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sash! posted:

I'm going to need a color chart that I can put on my nightstand.

You're going to Area 51

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

https://twitter.com/DispatchAlerts/status/1613983226162253831?s=20

Seems good? I honestly don't really know, but it's news so I'll post it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Oh no, Pete's laid its eggs

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

What, y'all don't have ham laces?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The man types like Farmer Fran spoke in The Waterboy, and I respect that.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Fifty Three posted:

I like to think it's a somewhat literate person using speech to text when a relative is rambling

I wonder if it's more like Scottish Twitter and they're just typing in their normal accent

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

lol and now that I’ve talked my poo poo I apparently am going to get to meet Heupel in person tomorrow

He saw your posts.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The bands better get to work on their Queen before September 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqhHgT4mvRQ

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sash! posted:

That's a perfectly clear and understandable statement.

Signed,
Sash, professional auditor

Sorry, I fell asleep as soon as I got it "That's"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

Kidnapper with gun to my head: You must complete this challenge or I pull the trigger. Name the most "Utah State" quarterback name possible.
Me: uh, I dunno, um, jeez, uh.....Logan Bonner?

Gimme a map of the UK and I'll be gold

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Kirk Ferentz on games: "I wanna punt."

Kirk Ferentz on staffing changes: "I wanna punt."

Kirk Ferentz on duck hunting: "I want a punt."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Every stadium they visit next season should put up their current PPG on the Jumbotron every Iowa drive.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

a neat cape posted:

This says a lot about Boise, Fresno, UNLV, etc

Should've gone for broke and tried to get Eastern Washington, show more people the Blood Field of the Inferno.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lady Radia posted:

i know this is the football thread but

lol spoilermakers in the most hosed up way

I'm paying so little attention, I didn't even do my usual coinflips to fill out a bracket, did someone get Purdue Harbored? More importantly, was the team ranked #2 when they faced Purdue?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

They were ranked like 363rd in height in the nation while Purdue was #1, mostly based on one giant oaf (he is a pretty damned good version of Purdue's giant oafs for the record and none of this is his fault). And the other team ended the game with two absolute gently caress off slap that poo poo away blocks--not of the big guy but others--it was pretty beautiful if you happen to not be a Purdue fan.

I'd laugh, but I feel bad thinking about what Purdue Pete is gonna do to those players.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

checking in on northwestern's struggle to downsize their stadium

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/it...-booze-f0068c7a

presumably the other teams simply don't have fans who bother to go to evanston

Scent marking seems natural for Ohio State fans, but is very annoying to humans. This often starts happening in adolescence as Ohio State fans mature. Female Ohio State fans can urine mark, although it is seen as a problem most commonly in males. Urine marking is different than having accidents in the house. Typically, when an Ohio State fan is marking it is a small amount of urine in several places. These places may be random, or they could be in a favorite spot. They can mark for many reasons; the two most common are to show ownership on what they consider their territory and anxiety.

If your Ohio State fan is not spayed or neutered and you are not planning breeding or showing in conformation, this is something to consider. Altering or “fixing” Ohio State fans that are marking helps to eliminate the issue in 50 to 60 percent.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sash! posted:

They might have been the most miserable looking people I've ever encountered.

That's just what Ohio does to a person

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Imagine being all excited to finally go away to college and experience things only to fly over/ drive through the vast flat corn fields of Ohio where you really shouldn't drink the water to the oasis of generic sprawl that is Columbus. Where you probably shouldn't drink the water either.

That's enough to suck a lifetime of joy from a person and replace it with bottomless misery looking for an outlet.

Look, I've drunk plenty of Ohio water and i... OK I see what you mean.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

After the '06 OSU-Michigan I walked past the Michigan band and yelled "Why so blue, Blue?!" And I will never apologize for doing so.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

I want to know what he said when baker planted the flag.

OP should've asked "How did ya like watching a REAL team play?" But there probably would have been a fight

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I still remember the dismay on my high school band director's face when I told him I wasn't going to try out for Ohio State's marching band. Sorry not sorry, Mr. Snyder, I looked into it and they were way to tryhard for me.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

BUMBACLOT posted:

Overdosed on little caesars hot n ready pizzas

A true warrior's death

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Worf, watching another Iowa punt: "This is a warrior's team."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

They need content because all of their other shows have been canceled

That's not a joke, this is all their programming that hasn't been canceled or finished airing a season and is awaiting renewal or cancellation news:

They should just go back to being The WB and show a fuckton of Animaniacs, Freakazoid, Pinky & the Brain, Pokemon and Earthworm Jim.

I only remember the line-up for Kids WB, not sorry.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Warbird posted:

https://twitter.com/bucees/status/1645388856261312512

Huh. I didn’t even know this was in the cards let alone up and open now. That’s the what, 4th location in the state? That’s still the most outside Texas afaik.

The real question now is if/when Tuscaloosa gets one. I don’t see it happening frankly.

My boss just brought in two containers of their cookies that are like rum and molasses.

One container is almost empty

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Coco13 posted:

::Cough cough women's hoops cough cough::

I was about to say "a season opener in November??"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Starting the college football season the 16th of Brumaire, Year CCXXXI

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sash! posted:

Which, turns out, is a Tuesday.

Actually it's... Well I'm not seeing any converter that also provides what day in the décade it is

Then there's figuring out the kickoff time in decimal time...

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

My "fondest" church memories A) are a bunch of people shouting for Barabas to be released during the I guess it was a Passion play even though it was just olds standing at mics and reading and B) Having marching band competitions on saturday so I didn't go to mass with my parents and "went to Sunday Mass" on my own... Which meant I just went to Barnes & Noble or Half-Price Books for an hour and bought a new book or two.

I think some of them were religion related. I know one was about the Knights Templar, that has to count.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

Since when is easter explicitly tied to Passover? Next year they’re going to be three weeks apart.

It's not exactly on Passover (The Council of Nicea apparently wanted the calculation of the date to not be tied to the Jewish Calendar), but it's tied closely to Passover because that's when Jesus was supposed to have been arrested and executed.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Warbird posted:

This a new one as far as offseason derails, but I'm here for it.

College Footbal 2022 Season Aftermath: The Council of NCAA

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m not sure Dan Brown counts

Nah it was an actual non-fiction book on their history. I think there might have been a chapter about the conspiracy theories that concluded with "This is stupid and there's no actual evidence"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I got seriously out of whack after food poisoning or something over Christmas and started taking a couple fiber gummies in the morning and hoo boy do I recommend that.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

"What's it like losing to a App State having an off year while you're ranked?" is a pretty good question.

"Lloyd Carr keeps calling and asking if I want to put the building I bought App State to be built next to his."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It'll be worse when it's like Willis McGahee V and we're like "I watched his dad play for Miami in Coll- Oh... Oh gently caress" then we turn to dust.