Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Kind of like after you die and your family opens up your PC and learn all your horrible secrets of how you acted on the internet, but on a longer time scale.

Since your online persona is basically going to live on forever and everything you do and say will be accessible for generations on the internet, what do you think that your descendants will say about your online presence (that's if you were lucky enough to actually be a sex haver, I mean theoretically).

Mine will probably feel shame and confusion at how much time I spent posting jokes about farts and poop and also talking poo poo in YouTube comments about nothing important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Family? Descendants? You think awfully big of me assuming there will be people who want to know me when I’m dead

Nobody even wants to know me now

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

They will be super proud....because all of my descendents are going to be so inbred that they can barely think.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Luckily the most embarrassing stuff is lost to the ages on xanga. I think that all the stuff I post now that I think is funny won't be funny anymore and actually will be offensive so they will be disgusted by me.
Every once in a while I get interested in ancestry.com and looking at info on my family. My favorite is the ww2 draft cards because they describe their appearance including scars. Most of them have a scar somewhere and I always wonder what it came from. I also have read some old letters we found in my aunts stuff when she died. One time there was one that I thought said a man's name and was all about how much he loved them and I thought I had found some family scandal but my mom looked at it and it actually said "mother." I was somewhat disappointed.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Dixville posted:

Luckily the most embarrassing stuff is lost to the ages on xanga.

Thank god their servers exploded or whatever happened to purge my poo poo bloggingz

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
listen bub, i jack off knowing full well my ancestors are watching - why would i worry about this then?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I don’t have descendants to be embarrassed for me but just the same I set up a trust that will purchase the forums after my death and delete it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Great great great great great grandpa sure posted fart a lot

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Nothing because they won't exist.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
"Pretty bad posts for someone who was later crowned emperor of the world, which is also my title, natch"

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Toxic Mental posted:

Kind of like after you die and your family opens up your PC and learn all your horrible secrets of how you acted on the internet, but on a longer time scale.

Since your online persona is basically going to live on forever and everything you do and say will be accessible for generations on the internet, what do you think that your descendants will say about your online presence (that's if you were lucky enough to actually be a sex haver, I mean theoretically).

Mine will probably feel shame and confusion at how much time I spent posting jokes about farts and poop and also talking poo poo in YouTube comments about nothing important

They say that at the end, people regert the things they didn't post.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

OP unless you're someone real special, even your great grandkids won't know who the gently caress you were.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Im just hoping my grandkids carry on my brave tradition of being a really lovely poster and pushing ahead anyway

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

In order to have great great great great grandkids, first I have to have kids, period. I made that choice long ago not to.

ONE WEIRD TRICK TO PREVENT FAMILY MEMBERS FROM SEEING YOUR POSTING HISTORY. OPS HATE THIS

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully my mind will be digitized before I die so I can appear as a, i dunno, cartoon paperclip on my descendant's screens

"Looks like you're reading some old timey shitposts. Would you like some context?"

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
If I ever have kids OP, then I have hosed up tremendously.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

If I ever have kids OP, then I have hosed tremendously.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

having kids loving rules btw

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They’ll probably describe it with even more disgusting swear words that haven’t even been invented yet. :shrug:

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Have a couple for me, buddy!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

i like making them but the raising them part is what always gets me

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

Just try again. You'll get it next time.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental posted:

Soy beans for strength, star trek for ethics. Done.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Infidel Castro posted:

Nothing because they won't exist.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

This is just a ploy by people with children to sucker childless people into the same miserable existence they endure.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Yeah it sucks I can't just like gently caress off to Thailand. Maybe in March.

And they break all your toys and you have to worry for the rest of your life and the house is a loving wreck but they're cute at least and in a year or two I'll have someone to play Bushido Blade with.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i share all my hobbies with my kids and they love it and i love watching them grow and explore. it makes everything i do exponentially more rewarding

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I hope I was adopted. Jesus Christ, please let me be adopted

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
all internet achives will be stricken from the records. this will be seen as The Darkest Time in human history and no one will speak of it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
He was right about the Italians

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

i share all my hobbies with my kids and they love it and i love watching them grow and explore. it makes everything i do exponentially more rewarding

Unironically this. I started playing commander with my son and he joined the MTG club at his school and creams the other kids at commander now. Its amazing to watch them learn. I'm also teaching him all my best shitposting tricks and maneuvers.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I may be childless, but kids are cool and inquisitive mini humans. Got two nephews and the younger one is 10 while the other’s 24 and I cherish everything I did with the adult one while still growing and working on fun memories with the younger one. It rules.

Infidel Castro posted:

All the fun of warping them into little gremlins without having to pay for it!

Yep!

You Are A Werewolf fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 11, 2023

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

ManBoyChef posted:

Unironically this. I started playing commander with my son and he joined the MTG club at his school and creams the other kids at commander now. Its amazing to watch them learn. I'm also teaching him all my best shitposting tricks and maneuvers.

That's why you have your siblings make the kids. All the fun of warping them into little gremlins without having to pay for it!

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
So long as my Telegram logs don't get leaked they'll mostly think 'A bit weird, but whatever.' If they do get leaked it'll be 'My ancestor was an extremist with confusing and often conflicting politics.'

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Stupid gaybies better not talk poo poo about their elders!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I imagine they’d read my posts and immediately cut off their balls.

This mistake must end.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It was better than ops

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Smugworth posted:

It was better than ops

This is a serious thread not a fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr