Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

It's been 4 years since I was sick but I currently have a head cold and right now it only sorta sucks? But I think it will get worse. My wife started showing symptoms of one last Sunday (she works in a school so she's plague-ridden year round) and I was starting to think my titan-like immune system would keep me safe from her pestilence once more, but last night my throat started to get scratchy and I am doomed.

I almost never get sick but if I do it seems like it's always in January. That's better than when I was a child and always got sick at Christmas, including chicken pox the year I got two awesome sleds and it snowed like twenty feet. It was like that episode of the Simpsons where Bart prays for snow so he can study except I was covered in calamine lotion and wanted to rip my skin off.

Anyway post in here if you're sick and we can cheer each other up and/or break each other down, as our posting natures direct us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I've got a cough for like, seven weeks now. I called the doctor and they asked me if I have a fever and no, am I coughing up blood, no, just this hacking throaty cough that won't go away and the assistant said tough beans, there's nothing they can do for me and don't even bother coming in. I hack like a motherfucker after riding my bike to the school to pick up my kid and all the other moms stare at me like I got the roni.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I got COVID symptoms Monday evening for the first time. I'm feeling much better today after taking Wednesday and today off work to rest. My fever and body aches are gone, just got a nice dry cough left. 👍

Thank you Mucinex, ibuprofen and mRNA o7

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I've got a cough for like, seven weeks now. I called the doctor and they asked me if I have a fever and no, am I coughing up blood, no, just this hacking throaty cough that won't go away and the assistant said tough beans, there's nothing they can do for me and don't even bother coming in. I hack like a motherfucker after riding my bike to the school to pick up my kid and all the other moms stare at me like I got the roni.

I had a nasty loving chest cold at the beginning of December and I'm only now not constantly trying to forcibly eject my lungs from my body.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I have a toddler in daycare so we're always sick

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Sick and tired of your posting, OP!

Nah but just kidding. I'm mostly sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!! :) :)

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
In the past 72 hours I've managed to keep down:

Like 10 saltines
A grilled cheese sandwich
Little bit of chicken and rice
Water, off and on

help I'm so tired of pooping and throwing upppppp

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yeah i'm sick

sick of OP's posting!!!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

drat i was too slow to be the first to make that joke, on account of being ill

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

absolutely sick of the poo poo.......

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Sick and tired of all these star wars

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Sarah Cenia posted:

Like 10 saltines
Water, off and on

Got any diarolyte stuff to help with the dehydration?
Helps skip the sickness hangover

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I prefer radical or cool

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nose be drippin

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

for real tho i'm in superb health and maybe the best i've ever felt in my life

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
ive been sick since the start of december and i'm still seeing neon green boogies in my kleenex and coughing up smokey tasting yellow goo

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I caught a cold last week. It's one of those real stuffy head, phlegmy ones too. I've been hacking up eldritch horrors all week.

I'm pretty sure I got it from some dickhead in the doctors office. Coughing and sniffling with no mask on her idiotic face. If I ever see her again, she's getting a boot to the chest.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

you're all good people and I hope you all feel better soon

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I'm sick in the head

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Gross! I’m not posting in here with a bunch of sick people!

E: poo poo

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
My tumtum is a little tender since dinner and I have mild reflux which is odd because I didn't eat anything that I think would be irritating.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I feel something coming on, faint scratchy throat, dry eyes, light cough, the usual thing I'd deal with because of course I'm going in to a long weekend

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Yeah I'm sick. Sick of your bullshit op

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Beartaco posted:

:lol::lmao: nice bro. goddamn :xd::xd:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Fully sick, bro.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Beartaco posted:

heh. yup. thats a pwn.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Sarah Cenia posted:

Like 10 saltines
Water, off and on

This happened to me one time when I ate a chick's rear end way too hard. I had to drip single drops of water into my mouth to prevent dehydration

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

But I think it will get worse.

:hmmyes:

Tonight's gonna be bad it hasn't even been 3 hours since I posted this thread and I am noticeably snottier. Still beats the last time I got sick, that was Shingles + an immediate infection and I almost lost an eye and was gifted a 9 thousand dollar hospital bill

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Better not get sick I’m leaving on a ski trip tomorrow

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

finally tested positive for covid after avoiding it since the start. pray for me

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

bellows lugosi posted:

finally tested positive for covid after avoiding it since the start. pray for me

Same. It was about 30 hours of flu symptoms and now I feel okay with a dry cough good luck!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can’t seem to get a handle on fatigue lately. I’ve improved my nutrition, started exercising, and have tried both lowering and raising caffeine consumption in the morning. I’m also chronically stressed at work so I guess it’s probably just that catching up to me finally

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I never got those 5 paid COVID days off. Stupid vaccine.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

you're all good people and I hope you all feel better soon

Thanks chuuuuuuuuuuum......p

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Mine started out with a sore throat last Thursday. I tried to finish out the week at work, but ended up leaving at noon on Friday with a severe headache, chest and back pain, congestion, and chills (no fever). The weekend loving sucked. I’m vaccinated and boosted but tested twice for Covid on Friday and Sunday. Both tests were negative. This poo poo already felt worse than when I had the actual Covid last year. Pretty much laid in bed and shivered. By Monday it was starting to sort of improve just using otc medications to relieve the symptoms. I felt like I was good enough to go back to work Tuesday, but it was rough. Without the medication my cough sounds like scooby doo in a wood chipper, and the blood vessels in both of my eyes had ruptured due to the violent coughing. My coworkers pretty much decided I had Ebola, and then Wednesday morning came and I began to believe them. Overnight all my symptoms returned at the same time, and much worse than they originally were. I now had a full blown infection, gently caress I even had pus coming out of my right ear! Only then did this stupid, thick headed motherfucker decide it would be a good idea to go to the doctor. The pharmacy was out of augmentin so I got amoxicillin and cefdinir along with something for my cough yesterday. I’m already beginning to feel better, and will probably try to go into work tomorrow..exactly a week after this all started.

Moral of the story: GET YOUR rear end TO THE DOCTOR! I’ve never had a respiratory, a sinus, and an ear infection at the same time, and never want it again! If only I had went last Friday I wouldn’t have had to experience pus in my ear, or all of my teeth aching at the same time.

Fuckstick fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 13, 2023

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Head cold, stop, why? Why?
Like briars in hateful spring
In my loving nose

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

An infinite amount of phlegm leaving my nostrils

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Can I post in this thread if I'm sick in the head?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch
mothafucka im ill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

TontoCorazon posted:

Can I post in this thread if I'm sick in the head?

yeah dude come on in!

we're all contagious though