Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Where do you save your personal files
This poll is closed.
Rawdogging my home directory 12 8.39%
Documents/ 12 8.39%
dropbox 6 4.20%
icloud 9 6.29%
onedrive 6 4.20%
s3 bucket 5 3.50%
email to myself 9 6.29%
yeeted via rsync to an old optiplex in the basement 6 4.20%
sd card 6 4.20%
printed out 10 6.99%
github 7 4.90%
a backup on the vm itself 6 4.20%
rapidshare 4 2.80%
google drive 8 5.59%
box 4 2.80%
egnyte 3 2.10%
sharefile 4 2.80%
spideroak 3 2.10%
megaupload 6 4.20%
printed out 11 7.69%
uploaded to web server to send link to rms's demon to email it to him 6 4.20%
Total: 31 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I tried this on my pc and I really wanted to like it but it just failed to work and there was no obvious solution. like it failed scanning the drive in the first place or something

because I really need a backup lol

what’s the best thing for backing up my photos? I don’t necessarily need speed but I do need some decent space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
will your NAS survive a structure fire

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qirex posted:

number 1 protip for maintaining your photo library is to delete the non-good pictures so it stays a manageable size

lol

ironically, I’ve spent time going thru photo sets that were good and trimming them, but sets that were average or just random, I haven’t put the time and don’t have the inclination, so they end up taking up far more space

unfortunately and realistically overall I don’t have the motivation to trim out the non good ones (99% of my photos), so I am just trying to find a way to mirror all of them. far less effort and much more in tune with my life ethos

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mine is extremely inconsistent

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
x tree gold

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
apparently adobe uses photos of you Bloody that are stored on the cloud and uses them to train an AI model called Adobe Clown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

postimages.org

yep

word on the street is that us doesn’t auto strip exif data so idk.. keep that in mind