Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Das Boo posted:

I ordered a little fox sculpture for my niece and didn't like the way it was painted, so I repainted it. Before and after:

that looks very cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Methanar posted:

Hey check out this painting I made during my hot date tonight (with a girl)

i really like the water. i'm assuming you did a paint night?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Riot Bimbo posted:

art is therapeutic for me, and i love doing it.

it's usually not what i'd call a complete composition. I don't tend to revisit stuff unless i can get in the same mindset? it's hard to describe without sounding like like a douche but i'm gonna try anyway: My mood and feelings and general thought patterns inform how i work on stuff, and if I start working, and can't at least approximately recreate the mindset, I won't touch it. Like maybe nobody else would notice, but I would notice the dissonance and it would bother me. It's not like I'm selling this labor so I figure it doesn't matter, right?

brush pen scribbles:

some water color poo poo I did on acid right before the pandemic:

Anyway imo everyone should engage in creative expression. I hate the idea of savants and natural talent and stuff, because anything I can do well was just me brute forcing my way through some art classes and just creating something every day, and that's how even most good artists do it. The idea that you are born an artist is loving insane to me.

Paint more fuckheads

cool stuff and ya i agree that everyone can and should create. i was running paint classes for adults with special needs and covid put a stop to it but finally last week we started them up again. there's all kinds of artistic talents and styles that people can tap into and its always awesome to see someone be reached through art when normal everyday life seems to not allow them to communicate effectively.