Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
Friends, its a little early but I really need to acknowledge that ... ITS THE loving WEEKEND

this week has been u-g-l-y for me for a bunch of reasons so I am so very happy to see a friday crest over the horizon. I am already 100% checked out at work and will be sleepwalking through the meetings thinking about what I'ma do this weekend.

Here's the plan so far:

Tonight: gonna try to write down some of the story thats been rattling around in my head for a while. Writing is cool and good imo.

Saturday AM: finish up a table I've been making to hold these space heater panels I bought. This makes them more portable and more useful. I have this insanely figured tiger maple boards for the top, they are just out of control. Really looking forward to seeing how it looks with a bunch of shellac on it.

Saturday PM: idk probably video games, maybe fuckin around with making a lamp

Sunday AM: mostly spent watchin the niners. idgaf about football until we start winning at lot and then i enjoy hooting at the television like a moron

Sunday PM: who fuckin knows

what y'all gettin up to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the weekend!

i'm going to be studying up on azure stuff, since an azure shop is going to grill me about a potential job! hope i get it, really feeling the need to get a decent job before q2 this year

else.. not too much happening. i may stress out all weekend and crumble under pressure in the technical on monday

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i have been pretty checked out since wednesday and i see no reason not to continue doing so

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Beeftweeter posted:

i have been pretty checked out since wednesday and i see no reason not to continue doing so
i just took pto today for the same reason

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

got electrolysis tomorrow, but not much else going on

sometime this weekend i need to replace the low-beam bulbs in the car, which i'm sure is simple but fully expect to find extremely frustrating lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
no real plans, it I got a package I gotta go pick up, I'm assuming it's a new comic my friend published recently.

New Order and Falco have new reissues out today, so starting off the afternoon in a new wavey way

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

posted this at 9:49 AM friday morning. woof.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

post hole digger posted:

i'm gonna be spacing out in meetings most of the day so i figured too early was better than too late

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i still feel not great! it's lame. little jones has his little league assessment on saturday. we did a little bit of practice in the back yard yesterday. it was his first time really using his glove and throwing a proper baseball (as opposed to a wiffle ball), but he far exceeded my expectations.

we're about to go to lunch and then hit up the sporting goods store to pick him up a bat.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

:hmmyes:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger posted:

just in time for my saturday morning

which is actually my tuesday seeing as I am
covering for someone else and working all weekend

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

i still feel not great! it's lame.

i am still not 100% better either, it's been like three loving weeks lol

although i do feel better overall and i guess the symptoms are different, so idk. possible concurrent illnesses ftw

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
maybe it’s covid again

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Achmed Jones posted:

we're about to go to lunch and then hit up the sporting goods store to pick him up a bat.

last time i was shopping for a baseball bat the new gimmick was 'tidal' or smth, the end of the inside of the bat was filled with water, centrifugal force, etc

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

echinopsis posted:

maybe it’s covid again

nah i'm barely coughing and don't have a fever

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Took a lunchtime drive around town, bought some jelly and cat food and a pair of jeans at Target. now back home

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i don't know what i'm gonna do this weekend. it's gonna be cold outside. might work on migrating my stupid plane tracker app off adsbexchange.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Finished building out my woodshop so I'm gonna practice dovetails a bunch this weekend and work on the ol' resume since I only have a few months of runway left

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

probably going to trawl all the local charity shops to see if they have anything interesting. want a big chest of drawers to go in the garage. and maybe the one shop that ever has decent computer stuff in it might have something i want (it won't, they'll have turned over even more of the shelf space to CDs/DVDs)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I may have burned out on pinball so I’m gonna do gunpla or sewing

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Fortaleza posted:

Finished building out my woodshop so I'm gonna practice dovetails a bunch this weekend and work on the ol' resume since I only have a few months of runway left

i thought you were getting a part time at a fancy woodworking place for the time being?

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

tomorrow the fiance and i are going to see if we can put in an order for wedding bands. been on vacation for most of the last week so probably just chill out for most of the weekend otherwise.

Chris Knight posted:

no real plans, it I got a package I gotta go pick up, I'm assuming it's a new comic my friend published recently.

New Order and Falco have new reissues out today, so starting off the afternoon in a new wavey way

post da comic

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

its my kid's birthday tomorrow but the weather is going to suck rear end so we can't do anything outside (were gonna go skiing). will eat cake and pizza and play video games instead

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

thats a good birthday anyway

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

dioxazine posted:

i thought you were getting a part time at a fancy woodworking place for the time being?

Fancy place isn't hiring right now, non-fancy place has an opening in their warehouse in February that I might still go for but the take-home won't even cover the mortgage. I gotta get the ball rolling on a tech job sooner rather than later. The earlier I take care of stuff the less stressful it'll be and that's key imo

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

no clue what im gonna do. been saying im gonna clean up the basement for a month but uuuuhhhhhh

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

Took a lunchtime drive around town, bought some jelly and cat food and a pair of jeans at Target. now back home

I tried to make my own grape jelly from gelatine and grape juice yesterday and drat it was awful

when I was younger baggy jeans were the thing and then when I was at uni it was skinny jeans and now it’s back to baggy but this dude at work was wearing skinny jeans like it was 2013 and someone else was like “ew wade” lol

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Mrs. Nasty is doing a fancy lady day with her gal pals tomorrow so I'm gonna hang with one of their husbands and their doggy. Gonna take big Walker to the dog park and let them run around without leashes for a bit. :)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don’t even have any friends :smugmrgw:

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i'm still on skinny jeans. why have these great legs if im not gonna show em off

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
let's hear it for the freak in week end

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Truman Peyote posted:

i'm still on skinny jeans. why have these great legs if im not gonna show em off

haha yeah. my calves have always been great, if it were the 18th century i'd basically be the perfect male form

instead men these days are supposed to have pecs and biceps and stupid poo poo like that. nah baby i got gams and they are bodacious

i never really wore skinny jeans though, even back in the day i was wearing like 501s and more or less similar cuts, maybe a bit of a taper but never full on _skinny_ skinny jeans. my legs are too powerful for such nonsense

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Truman Peyote posted:

post da comic
comic get!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I have one (1) pair of skinny jeans

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

hmmmmm. i googled it and it sounds like your friend is in vancouver so i'll see if i can pick this up at lucky's comics

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
got a lot done in the office today, going to get bbq with chums tomorrow, my apt is cold as poo poo, but as for right now the workweek is over and

its time for a nap

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Truman Peyote posted:

hmmmmm. i googled it and it sounds like your friend is in vancouver so i'll see if i can pick this up at lucky's comics
should be able to, it's where the launch party was! :)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

for a nice change i don't have any plans this weekend. i think i'll fire up the airbrush and spray booth and prime/paint some metal space barbies.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

sipping some rum, watching a kung fu movie. so far the rum is better than the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/And_Dads_Car2/status/1619258993943220225?s=20&t=hYZdz-DppBtNXeYmyhMsJQ