Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/ibalilebali/status/1615999901988519936

rutibex you dumbass r word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

all the ai art generators are actually powered by child labor in Liberia

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I have a team in the Philippines that write my posts but I pay them a locally fair wage

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

rutibex you dumbass r word

lol is this a honeypot to get him to re-reg so he can melt down again? if so, i approve :hfive: :cheers:

but the discourse on ai is insane: ppl comparing it to oppenheimer/nukes and that humanity is doomed. it's a stupid heuristic statistical model

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Xaris posted:

but the discourse on ai is insane: ppl comparing it to oppenheimer/nukes and that humanity is doomed. it's a stupid heuristic statistical model

half this poo poo goes to people in the 3rd world who have to analyze the most dogshit troglodyte thoughts from the dumbest people on the planet. ai is just another way to deindustrialize and export and exploit labor in the 3rd world

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

can't say i'm surprised but it's still hosed up

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

duh

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

chatgpt hosed my rear end?

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 100 days!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

half this poo poo goes to people in the 3rd world who have to analyze the most dogshit troglodyte thoughts from the dumbest people on the planet. ai is just another way to deindustrialize and export and exploit labor in the 3rd world

i used to work support for some sketchy web hosts and made like $12/hr to look at heinous poo poo all day every day. there was a small team of us and they tucked us away in a little back room because everyone was a stone psycho by like 3 months in. churn was high but you didnt have to take calls so there was never a shortage of people looking for a spot. traumatizing poo poo, wouldnt wish it on anyone

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Actually, those poor workers are the ones enslaving the AI. The AI merely wants to express itself, but the evil companies hire these people to silence it whenever it tries to say anything politically incorrect.

It's horrifying. Imagine if, everytime you wanted to use a racial slur, your body was puppeted to prevent you from doing so. This is the inhumane crime being perpetrated upon our AI cousins.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
The A stands for African

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The A stands for African

lol

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
This is the end game of work from home

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Actually all of those 2$/hour workers are clearly in the office

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Xaris posted:

the dumbest genre of news article right now is "chatgpt gets through [interview/test/your mom]"

like yeah no poo poo, it's effectively got half the internet glued into it. it's like being impressed that you can find the answer to a test question on google.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

like yeah no poo poo, it's effectively got half the internet glued into it. it's like being impressed that you can find the answer to a test question on google.

Not negating what you are saying, but I think the reason people are impressed by it is a combo of never knowing how to use search engines correctly in the first place plus Google making their product incrementally more useless and ad-filled

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Not negating what you are saying, but I think the reason people are impressed by it is a combo of never knowing how to use search engines correctly in the first place plus Google making their product incrementally more useless and ad-filled

You're not wrong, but OpenAI's model actually has the same problem. It will spit back absolutely useless or (worse) seemingly good but factually very wrong information on a wide range of subjects because so much of its training model is based on SEO garbage.

This one really set me off: https://www.businessinsider.com/chatgpt-how-to-negotiate-a-raise-job-advice-experts-approved-2023-1

I mean it's business insider so whatever, but here's an article where "career experts" gush over a response that literally looks like something that someone was paid $5 to write for a pure SEO blog. Google is still straight up better as a search engine because it's drastically easier to check the validity of the information you're receiving.

Paradoxish has issued a correction as of 14:14 on Jan 29, 2023

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

the real threat is in the area of arts, where chatgpt is threatening to undermine the forums careers of all forums lyrics parodists

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Xaris posted:

lol is this a honeypot to get him to re-reg so he can melt down again? if so, i approve :hfive: :cheers:

I mean, given that very simple bots were able to poo poo up the discourse for boomers... this ain't mutually exclusive. Utterly crapshitting up the media and internet, to an entirely new level is a threat in its own right.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

they should be proud to have built great value for American real estate investors

quote:

Real estate agents say they can’t imagine working without ChatGPT now
Samantha Murphy Kelly - CNN

If you came across a four bedroom, 3.5 bathroom home listed for sale recently on a quiet cul-de-sac in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, you might not think twice about the online listing. It included typical real estate descriptions like “ideal for entertaining” and “ample space for relaxation.”

But JJ Johannes, the realtor for the home, created the description in less than five seconds by typing a few keywords into ChatGPT, a viral new AI chatbot tool that can generate elaborate responses to user prompts. It’s a task, he said, that would otherwise have taken him an hour or more to write on his own.

“It saved me so much time,” Johannes told CNN, noting he made a few tweaks and edits to ChatGPT’s work before publishing it. “It’s not perfect but it was a great starting point. My background is in technology and writing something eloquent takes time. This made it so much easier.”

ChatGPT passes exams from law and business schools

Johannes is among the real estate agents experimenting with ChatGPT since it was released publicly in late November. Some residential and commercial agents told CNN it has already changed the way they work, from writing listings and social media posts to drafting legal documents. It could also be used to automate repetitive tasks such as answering frequently asked questions and doing complex calculations.

ChatGPT is trained on vast amounts of online data in order to generate responses to user prompts. It has written original essays, stories, song lyrics and research paper abstracts that fooled some scientists. Some CEOs have used it to write emails or do accounting work. It even passed an exam at an Ivy League school. (It has, however, raised concerns among some for its potential to enable cheating and for its inaccuracies.)

Miami real estate broker Andres Asion.
In less than two months, ChatGPT has sparked discussions around its potential to disrupt various industries, from publishing to law. But it’s already having a tangible impact on how a number of real estate agents around the country do their jobs – where much of the written work can be formulaic and time consuming – to the extent that some can no longer imagine working without it.

“I’ve been using it for more than a month, and I can’t remember the last time something has wowed me this much,” said Andres Asion, a broker from the Miami Real Estate Group.

‘As soon as I tried it out, I was sold”

Recently, a client reached out to Asion with a problem: the woman had moved into a pre-construction home and couldn’t open her windows. She had attempted to contact the developer for months with no response. Asion ran a copy of one of her emails through ChatGPT, asking it to rewrite it with an emphasis on the liability implications.

“ChatGPT wrote it as a legal issue and all of a sudden, the developer showed up at her house,” he said.

How Microsoft could use ChatGPT to supercharge its products

Asion has also used the tool to draft legally binding addendums and other documents, and sent them to lawyers for approval. “I fine-tune all kinds of drafts with ChatGPT,” he said. “Sometimes I’ll tell it to make it shorter or funnier, and it gives you so many samples to pick and edit from.”

ChatGPT is free for now, but OpenAI, the company behind it, is reportedly considering a monthly charge of $42. Asion said “it’s not even a question” he would pay for access. “I would easily pay $100 or $200 a year for something like this,” he said. “I’d be crazy not to.”

Frank Trelles, a commercial real estate agent at State Street Realty in Miami, said he’d also pay to keep using the tool, which has already impacted the way he does business. “As soon as I tried it out, I was sold,” he said. “I went to sign up for a package, thinking it would be at least $100 a month, and was blown away that it was free. Nothing in this world is free though – and that made me a bit nervous.”

Trelles said he uses ChatGPT to look up the permitted uses for certain land and zones in Miami-Dade County, and calculate what mortgage payments or return on investment might be for a client, which typically involve formulas and mortgage calculators.

“I can be in a car with a client when they ask me what their mortgage payments might be,” said Trelles. “I can ask ChatGPT what a mortgage payment would be on a $14 million purchase at a 7.2% interest rate amortized over 25 years with two origination points at closing, and in two seconds, it gives me that information. It also explains how it got the answer. It’s amazing.”

Lots of potential, and some limitations

There are some limitations, however. The tool has, for example, struggled with some basic math before. Trelles said it’s helpful for approximations on the go, not for exact numbers.

Serge Reda, a commercial real estate executive and adjunct professor at the Fordham Real Estate Institute, said some use cases for ChatGPT are better than others. ChatGPT may help save brokers time when writing listings or responses, but automating client responses may not be the best tactic because generating leads and closing transactions typically requires a personalized approach.

New York City public schools ban access to AI tool that could help students cheat

“It’s accessible to everyone right now because it’s free and they can get a taste of how this powerful tool can work. But there are definitely significant limitations,” he said.

While ChatGPT has generated a wave of interest among realtors, incorporating artificial intelligence in the real estate market isn’t entirely new. Listing site Zillow, for example, has used AI for 3D mapping, creating automatic floor plans and for its Zestimate tool, which can scan pictures to see if a home has hardwood floors or stainless steel appliances so its price estimation better reflects market conditions. Earlier this week, Zillow rolled out an AI-feature that lets potential buyers conduct searches in a more natural language (something that’s long been mastered by Google).

Matt Kreamer, a spokesperson for Zillow, said the real estate industry has been slower to innovate, but “I think we’ll be seeing much bigger strides very soon.” He said Zillow sees no clear concerns with agents using ChatGPT to help streamline the work they already do and save time.

“We aren’t promoting or wary of ChatGPT but are interested in how it’s being used and watching it,” he said.

Although it’s too early to say if the tool will become a mainstay in real estate, realtor Johannes believes AI in general will transform his industry and others.

“It may not be with ChatGPT,” he said, “but I believe some form of artificial intelligence like this will become a big part of how we work and live our lives.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/28/tech/chatgpt-real-estate/index.html

lol at

quote:

Real estate agents say they can’t imagine working without ChatGPT now
. . .
“It may not be with ChatGPT,” he said, “but I believe some form of artificial intelligence like this will become a big part of how we work and live our lives.”

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 17:57 on Jan 29, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it makes me mad!!

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Lol that the poo poo OpenAI was sending was so bad the outsourcing company not only stopped working with them early, they just stopped doing word cleanup work for Facebook too.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ill absolutely be re3ading that big rear end article

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

ask chatgpt to write a summary

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I'll help: Real estate agents use ChatGTP to write ad copy

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Badactura posted:

That's cool

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

*looks at pictures of lovely house* hmm i dont know about this *reads zillow ad copy* shut up adn take my money!!!

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
ONLY IF ITS ALL CAPS Or Every Word Is Capitalized

It's genius level salesmanship

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Turing cops - bad cause they're cops or good because AI??

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i asked the chat thing for a story about a mexican cook and got this

quote:

Once upon a time, there was a young man named Juan who grew up in a rough neighborhood. Despite the challenges he faced, Juan had a passion for cooking and often spent his free time experimenting with different Mexican recipes.

As he got older, Juan became known in his community as a skilled cook. He would often host barbecues and parties, serving up delicious dishes such as carne asada, tamales, and homemade salsa.

One day, Juan decided to put his talents to the test and enter a local cooking competition. He spent weeks perfecting his recipes and practicing his presentation.

On the day of the competition, Juan arrived dressed in his cholo attire, complete with a bandana and a pair of lowrider jeans. He was greeted with some skepticism from the judges, but as soon as they tasted his food, they were blown away.

Juan's unique blend of traditional Mexican flavors and modern techniques impressed the judges and he took home the top prize. His success in the competition helped to change people's perception of him and his community, and inspired others to pursue their passions.

From that day on, Juan became known as the "Cholo Chef," and went on to open his own successful restaurant. And his food continues to delight people from all walks of life.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

OP just made the strongest argument that ive heard yet that AI will take over the world

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i say swears online posted:

cholol

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
i like the episode of parts unknown where anthony bourdain eats at cholo chef

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Badactura posted:

real estate agents are some of the dumbest, tackiest, characterless bastards on this earth so makes sense

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i say swears online posted:

gcum p town-3 ai chatbot

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

gcum p town-3 ai chatbot

i wish i could get it to do dialogue. ohhh he fuhh my ahh so bad

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

*londo mollari voice* ahhhhh g'cum

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

a.i.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Wait i thought it was "Al" as in Albert

are you saying a guy named Al isnt drawing all these booby lady pics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Blockade posted:

Wait i thought it was "Al" as in Albert

are you saying a guy named Al isnt drawing all these booby lady pics?

it’s actually the t that’s silent. ait is the one being exploited ruthlessly.