Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
you don't have too many vehicles, you have too little space.

plans for the vortec? keeping it stock or gonna put a cam and carb on it and make an easy 400HP? (just make sure you do the valve guides if you go this route)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ExplodingSims posted:

As for the Vortec, I do wanna beef it up a bit, but I'm not necessarily trying to make some crazy 800 HP monstrosity out of it.
I do intend to keep it EFI, though whether I stick with the stock ECU, or try and make a standalone work I haven't fully decided. There are some mods I've been looking at, as far improving the internals, possibly new heads, certainly want a new intake, and other such goodies,
Headers and dual exhaust are a must though.

the vortec heads are already the best factory heads chevy ever made for the first gen, so if you want to do heads it'll be some modern big-buck aluminum stuff

since you're ditching the weird spider injection stuff for a new intake it's probably easier to go with a carb intake and one of those stand-alone tbi setups, fitech or whatever, but thats not an endorsement of that specific product

power steering and power disc brakes should be p doable since it's an S10 underneath, so plenty of bolt-on kits for that

sounds like a good roadmap for the project overall, looking forward to seeing progress

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ExplodingSims posted:

Just gotta finish pulling the wiring harness out and this thing is off to the junkyard.

those have hydroboost, right? strongly recommend pulling the booster and all its hoses in case you feel like retrofitting it into something old. im putting a chevy van hydroboost setup in my chevelle (at a glacial pace)