Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Have you heard of this thing called usenet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

While Sonarr/Radarr are better than not having them I still think they aren't very good.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Streaming sucks because lazy jackasses don't properly crop their uploads. Do it right assholes and stop polluting trackers/indexers with your garbage. URMPH!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

this, and loving subtitles

provide subtitles gdi, correct ones

Yeah I'd also accept shows not having random foreign languages which may or may not be important enough for me to want working subtitles. Other languages exist and I realize it but it also feels like sometimes they're just there to gently caress with people who pirate/aren't paying much attention to the show. I mean I realize that's probably not the case and it's just an easy quick way to give a character a nationality but I don't care.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

If you care at all about the writers strike you probably shouldn’t be stealing their content.

Oh no pirating is killing the writers! Yeah, yeah sure thing.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Tape drives > blu-ray drives. Maybe one day I'll do it but the drives are so expensive even for the older tech.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 26, 2023

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Woolie Wool posted:

I once looked up LTO drives on eBay and :negative:

Yeah but I can only do so much with 5 bay! I have an ebay tracker for a 3u supermicro but I don't think I want to deal with such a large/loud thing. I could buy more 18tbs but the 8tbs are still fine and I already did that for two of them. My desire to hoard is strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Woolie Wool posted:

Just buy a Fractal Design R5, you get 2 external 5.25" bays and 8 hard drive bays with a tasteful design. I put Noctua fans in mine and it's whisper quiet even with 3 HDDs and a fairly high-end CPU and GPU installed :getin:

I'm not sure 8 is enough. I like my Synology well enough, it works, and changing my setup means fiddling with different poo poo.