Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Treecko posted:

Stephen King still has his checkmark...

Said he wouldnt...

MoFo knows something we dont

It's legacy. If you click the icon it says he's verified and not Blue.

King don't gently caress around. He dunks on musk and the GOP all the time. His principles seem to be pretty solid. Check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_Baby

quote:

The Dollar Baby (or Dollar Deal) is an arrangement by which American author Stephen King grants permission to students and aspiring filmmakers or theatre producers to adapt one of his short stories for $1. (He retains rights to his work. As he began to have commercial success, he has used these deals to help the next generation.) The term may be used to refer both to the film or play itself and to the filmmaker (for example, "The Sun Dog" was made as a Dollar Baby, and its director Matt Flesher is a Dollar Baby).

The production budgets have ranged from a few hundred dollars to more than $60,000 (Umney's Last Case), and the film formats range from home video to professional 35 mm film.

He's doing it purely for the art.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 4, 2023

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Bad joke flying balloon high

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I don't get the joke. Sorry. :shrug:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
You're Pennywise..that was the joke.

It crashed like the weather balloon

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Treecko posted:

You're Pennywise..that was the joke.

It crashed like the weather balloon

The balloon didn't crash, it was violently destroyed by the pig dog American military :(

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
And now it's floating somewhere

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It's legacy. If you click the icon it says he's verified and not Blue.

King don't gently caress around. He dunks on musk and the GOP all the time. His principles seem to be pretty solid. Check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_Baby

He's doing it purely for the art.

drat that kicks rear end i had no idea

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

WilWheaton posted:

That balloon is higher than ever now, as an Angel in Heaven

No, I'm not dead yet. I'm still floating down and in tremendous agony.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They killed the balloon because it started wupping rear end left and right in that Chinese style. We only use American style so it took us by surprise, we had to get assistance from the Mexicans, who use Mexican style to take it down. It's sort of like rock, paper, scissors.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
El Chappo fund the rescue mission!

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

ped into pieces. Poor Ballon

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What if this is an episode of Black Mirror and the baloon kid that wasn't in a runaway weather baloon 15 years ago that was shot down is in this baloon?

Think about it man

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukmobha2krY

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Your Gay Uncle posted:

What if this is an episode of Black Mirror and the baloon kid that wasn't in a runaway weather baloon 15 years ago that was shot down is in this baloon?

Think about it man

Wack Mirror

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Think about it man

Would he be the same age he was then? Or would he be like a 20 something age? If it turns out to be the latter the balloon died doing us all a favor.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
         /\
      ^=====:fsmug: =>                 :silent:
         \/

                   :freep:
                  :phoneline:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We'll shoot anything here

Coming for you, books

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Shinjobi posted:

We'll shoot anything here

Coming for you, books

omg what a great idea. They have book burnings already and standing around a fire is good fun, but they should have book shootings.

Line them up, read say to them their charges or some dumb ceremony I'd imagine, then blast away. That's much more american.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
#1 Chinese weather balloon for sure

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Read the balloon it's Miranda rights

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

china should've just parked that thing over a big metropolitan area like Atlanta or something for maximum trolling

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Inflation enthusiasts all across this great nation are in mourning today, have some sensitivity

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/BrentTerhune/status/1622021595681234945

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Rest in piece(s)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's cool shooting down a balloon with a missile. It's a balloon for fucks sake, just pop it with something pointy.

Also seems kind of pointless to wait until it crosses the entire country to do it. They probably already got the data they wanted from it...

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

You're gonna have to give a summary before I listen to a sunglasses-in-car

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Gresh posted:

china should've just parked that thing over a big metropolitan area like Atlanta or something for maximum trolling

This is where the limitations of balloons come into play...

Pekinduck posted:

It's satire

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Pekinduck posted:

I’ll vouch. Terhune is loving great when he plays that character

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Pekinduck posted:

I always wear sunglasses in the car it's just safer even during the night people's lights are too drat bright!

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's cool shooting down a balloon with a missile. It's a balloon for fucks sake, just pop it with something pointy.

Missiles are pointy

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Fuckstick posted:

I’ll vouch. Terhune is loving great when he plays that character

Thanks. Its good stuff.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Bargearse posted:

Missiles are pointy

Sort of like a dart. This actually was just a larger version of the carnival game except the balloon wasn’t half deflated. The aviators each get to pick one of the large plush animals from the top shelf now.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Should've just thrown lawn darts at it.

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
I wish the baloon contains like thousands of those old propaganda posters, from that hard red communist era. And they fall down cartoonishly accross Montana of all places.

And there's a hundred thousand more baloons on their way :twisted:

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
I shot the ballon with my BB gun. Sorry.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
The undocumented balloon is another victim of our terrible immigration policies and xenophobia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Also seems kind of pointless to wait until it crosses the entire country to do it. They probably already got the data they wanted from it...

There aren't many ways of delivering something pointy to 60,000 feet without getting missiles involved.

Also I agree, it would have been WAY funnier if they shot it down and it fell on an out-house or something. Some poor shmuck is getting into that out-house worrying about getting poo poo on his balls or spiders crawling out but it's the communist spy satellite hurtling towards him from the stratosphere that he should be worried about.