Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

Jelly posted:

Like all our starving homeless are throwing the stats.

https://hms.harvard.edu/news/one-third-us-homeless-are-obese

quote:

A new study dispels the myth that, in general, the homeless are starving and underweight. Researchers from Harvard Medical School and Oxford University report that obesity is just as common among the homeless as it is among the general population. One reason, the authors suggest, could be because cheap, instantly satisfying foods often contain a high levels of fat and sugar. Another reason could be that bodies experiencing chronic food shortages adapt by storing fat reserves.

Just the coolest fuckin country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Well, toss that theory. But I'm sticking with the the theory that people who go to amusement parks are fatter on average.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I fuckin hate marios

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Mario hates fat people but also is fat himself. Yet another self-hating douchebag mucking up the works for everyone else.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm not fat I'm jacked as hell like one of those world strongmen guys tossing around boulders and stuff

I'll pound a mario into mush

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The entrance to the ride is a big green pipe and if you get stuck in the pipe you are too big to ride

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Jelly posted:

Well, toss that theory. But I'm sticking with the the theory that people who go to amusement parks florida are fatter on average.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

kntfkr posted:

Jelly posted:

Well, toss that theory. But I'm sticking with the the theory that people who go to amusement parks[/s[ florida are [s]fatter Florida-ier on average.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Nintendo controllers are large hands phobic because they are children's toys

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
what happens when you design a ride for japan and then export it.

a while back I was curious about japan's obesity rate and looked up some stats on a government database, surprisingly the only demographic that's gotten any fatter is men over 40, and even then only by like 6lbs. younger men and women of all ages are basically unchanged over the past few decades. the US obesity rate however has tripled in the span of two generations and isn't slowing down.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Now I'm horney

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Same tbh

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

itry
Aug 23, 2019

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The entrance to the ride is a big green pipe and if you get stuck in the pipe you are too big to ride

Go in fat, come out thin.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Doesnt japan bully fatties mercilessly?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Savage For The Winjun posted:

or turns them into sports heros, op.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bullying fat people into healthy lifestyles is morally imperative

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Wilkins Micawber posted:

It's ridiculous. Doesn't anyone read anymore? Mario's design docs specifically outline 3 things, and that's it. Mario's 3 Things: No swear words, never a gun in his hand, and no fat chicks. Stupid Americans. Mama mia...

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Any attraction that doesn't allow someone to be lowered on to it by a forklift is discriminatory.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mario hates PAWGs

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
My FUPA doesn't fit in this theme park attraction

coming to TLC

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Jelly posted:

Imagine calling things fatphobic because you don't understand that physics and physical limitations are a thing.

Imagine thinking that a national airline is violating your human rights and wants you to not exist because their online booking system doesn't have an "X" option in the Gender section. That's what happens when narcissism and a persecution-victimhood complex meets the social media echo chamber and the outrage-clickbait way online media tends to operate.

(Disclaimer: I know that person in real life. Full-on legit case of borderline and narcissistic personality disorder. Once told a booth attendant selling newspaper subscriptions at the fair that "she" should be hired as the paper's marketing/PR person because "I make hundreds of tweets per day!" On a separate occasion a bunch of us went to a comedy club and same person blew up at the waitress after because the headliner made a joke about disagreeing with his girlfriend about sending the kid to bed without dinner for being bad, ranted and raved to our poor server about how "child abuse is a thing" and somehow worked in Zelda Williams quitting Twitter over trolls as part of the rant, etc.)

"Hate" is everywhere, even in Nintendo Land!

Agent Escalus fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 7, 2023

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Agent Escalus posted:

Imagine thinking that a national airline is violating your human rights and wants you to not exist because their online booking system doesn't have an "X" option in the Gender section. That's what happens when narcissism and a persecution-victimhood complex meets the social media echo chamber and the outrage-clickbait way online media tends to operate.

(Disclaimer: I know that person in real life. Full-on legit case of borderline and narcissistic personality disorder. Once told a booth attendant selling newspaper subscriptions at the fair that "she" should be hired as the paper's marketing/PR person because "I make hundreds of tweets per day!" On a separate occasion a bunch of us went to a comedy club and blew up at the waitress after because the headliner made a joke about disagreeing with his girlfriend about sending the kid to bed without dinner for being bad, ranted and about how "child abuse is a thing" and somehow worked in Zelda Williams quitting Twitter over trolls as part of the rant, etc.)

why do you hang out with terrible people?

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
It was a group outing, with friends-of-friends, and the person who did the inviting made the same pity mistake twice. And among the stuff listed, also got limes shoved under his glasses/into his eyes as a "joke" as a result.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Do you really gotta ask that, ya goon?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Agent Escalus posted:

It was a group outing, with friends-of-friends, and the person who did the inviting made the same pity mistake twice. And among the stuff listed, also got limes shoved under his glasses/into his eyes as a "joke" as a result.

Wait what?

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

NoiseAnnoys posted:

why do you hang out with terrible people?

It’s so incredibly easy to end up with at least one dumpster fire of a person in a large enough friend group. Then you have to wait around until they’ve sufficiently burned enough people to get ousted or destroyed the entire group.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Dick Fontaine posted:

Ok, I’m looking at these numbers from the CDC and something isn’t adding up

Averages for dude in the US of A:
-Height in inches: 69.0
-Weight in pounds: 199.8
-Waist circumference in inches: 40.5

I’m 74” tall. The heaviest I’ve ever been, during the saddest and fattest period in my life, was 220lbs. I did not feel healthy. I didn’t look great. Got over the depression eventually. Went overboard getting fit again and kept a lot of measurements to track my progress and the worst that tape hit was ~35”. Does a 5” height difference equal a 5” waist difference?

What’s going on here? Do I have an extra heavy skeleton or am I just bad at math?

You should know how you are built, but yeah those numbers are very wild.

I mean I know I'm built different and I don't hit a 40" waist before I hit 300 pounds... Those are some extreme numbers and bottom heavy bodies.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Oh jeez it keeps getting worse

You guys see waluigi on Tucker Carlson tonight spouting off about Puerto Ricans?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Shouldn't give Waluigi a platform imho.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Waluigi is a loving Nazi, if you see him punch him

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Leper Go-getter posted:

Horses are fatphobic too. Jokes on them, I'm horsephobic.

the horse ways over a ton bobby. your like a hat to him

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Wow. That's crazy.

You can just have an article that's entirely 'people are talking about this on Twitter'. One twitter post reads. Wrote one visitor on Twitter. One wrote on Twitter.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Wow. That's crazy.

You can just have an article that's entirely 'people are talking about this on Twitter'. One twitter post reads. Wrote one visitor on Twitter. One wrote on Twitter.

I'm a journalist :dumb:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

You should know how you are built, but yeah those numbers are very wild.

I mean I know I'm built different and I don't hit a 40" waist before I hit 300 pounds... Those are some extreme numbers and bottom heavy bodies.
hm...
we're all on the same page about where the "waist" is, right?

because I thought waist meant the top of my hips for like 26 years, because that's where the waistband of my jeans sits, and I just want to make sure

I googled 5'9" 200 lbs and this came up:

apologies to this man if he doesn't want to be in this thread

now, I would not believe that his "waist" is 40 inches around. those are probably medium or large undies, which would out him in 32"-38" range

but his waist?

yeah, I could buy that that's 40 inches. dude's got a belly on him

also just out of fairness to this man, here's the full image, it's a progress pic, he slimmed down to 160 :toot::

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

Yes, they measure your waist and if it is above the approved size they will fine your employer. Fear that this practice will spread to the US is the primary reason we don't have universal health care.