Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Nothing is good except for the things that I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

All counties are poo poo except America!!

All countries are poo poo, except for America which is shot.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Jelly posted:

It's so weird there's no in-between in this country. You're either getting 50+ grams of sugar in a serving (MY has 46g), or like 1. Any of the Odwalla-style shakes/juices are just as loaded with sugar, including their protein shakes. If you're suffering from chronic anxiety that is attacking your appetite/stomach, that poo poo will just make it worse. Cracks me up that parents are like, "No you have to drink juice instead of soda" when there is rarely a difference.

After a while you give up trying to find a middle-ground and just become a water drinker.

I did find this stuff called "Wave" recently that is a soda with about 5g sugar added through juice concentrates and I'm pretty satisfied with the flavor. When I hit fast food I grab the Minute Maid Pink Lemonade because it has < 20g.

There are some in between bespoke beverage manufacturers these days like Tractor but the problem is they're absurdly expensive because of how small they are compared to the big dogs, they can't really afford to (or don't want to) manufacture and sell in bottles or cans so they can only sell it as bulk concentrate for soda fountains/restaurants/etc with the smallest batches orderable being ~28 gallons' worth for $170.

All the Tractor drinks I've tried are really good though if you ever stop by a restaurant that has them, especially if they're mixing it with carbonated water to make soda :kiddo: I would absolutely keep a sixer of it in my fridge if that was a possibility

e: They do have about 30g of sugar per 12oz but it is at least straight up cane sugar and not high fructose corn syrup.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 7, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Tom Waits is cool, but it's not because his music is that good, it's because he's cool.