Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Turkey and Syria got shook real hard earlier. 7.8 earthquake. Close to 3,000 confirmed dead so far.

Sucks.

I grew up in San Francisco and after the 1989 earthquake I have feared them ever since. Can't even fathom 7.8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I was on the train in the other side of the country in Japan for the 9.0 in 2011 and I had no idea what was going on for a few days cuz no electricity.

Some people I trained with died in Fukushima but everything was pretty safe, if shutdown, in Akita.

Earthquakes are scary.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The death toll will potentially be 8 times higher than reported currently.

It's bad folks.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

this one might have been big enough to add a new UTC leap second

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

kntfkr posted:

I was on the train in the other side of the country in Japan for the 9.0 in 2011 and I had no idea what was going on for a few days cuz no electricity.

Some people I trained with died in Fukushima but everything was pretty safe, if shutdown, in Akita.

Earthquakes are scary.

We were in Okinawa and spent most of it trying to help people contact loved ones without burning through international call money. I had a huge list of numbers from SA that I dialed several times a day. Everybody was okay.

The news said we were all gonna die from a huge tsunami in Okinawa and then it barely splashed us.

I never want to live in an earthquake high risk zone again.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
That's a big loving earthquake

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
There was a 3.8 earthquake in Buffalo this morning, looks like we might be in a quake storm

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

We were in Okinawa and spent most of it trying to help people contact loved ones without burning through international call money. I had a huge list of numbers from SA that I dialed several times a day. Everybody was okay.

The news said we were all gonna die from a huge tsunami in Okinawa and then it barely splashed us.

I never want to live in an earthquake high risk zone again.

you're good people

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3sBMaDMCrk

I grew up in Oregon and there was never any, so when I was in Japan for years and got to live through many earthquakes that were pretty nuts.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Powerful Katrinka posted:

There was a 3.8 earthquake in Buffalo this morning, looks like we might be in a quake storm

They were just saucing up some wings in bulk for the super bowl.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Japan doesnt get that many earth quakes its just anime level events that are being covered up by the Japanese government

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

initial reports this morning suggest the quake occurred when op’s mama fell down.

we are working to verify, as it’s unclear if op’s mama was near the epicenter at the time. our fact checkers are determining the present location of her zip code.

local authorities ask witnesses to come forward, but warn photos of op’s mama are unavailable because they are still printing.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

initial reports this morning suggest the quake occurred when op’s mama fell down.

we are working to verify, as it’s unclear if op’s mama was near the epicenter at the time. our fact checkers are determining the present location of her zip code.

local authorities ask witnesses to come forward, but warn photos of op’s mama are unavailable because they are still printing.

turkey has postal codes, not zip codes

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Yo mama's so fat when she slipped on the ice the death toll was was five digits.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

turkey has postal codes, not zip codes

op’s mama is cartographically monitored by the US postal service even when she’s worldwide, which is always

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

mom big

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Mom big, so what?

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I can't even imagine what a 7.8 would be like. I was also in the Loma Prieta in 1989 and that was called a 7.1 at the time, now classified as a 6.9 (lol, sex number). But that quake took down the silicon valley and the bay area for a couple of days. Part of the bay bridge that collapsed took weeks to repair. A place where homes and infrastructure are specifically designed to withstand quakes.

7.8 is like "Is Godzilla rising out of the ground?" level of scary.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Well if there was ever a sign that OP's mother needs to start taking her health seriously this is certainly it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i think it was mean for god to have killed all those people

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

3000 people died? sounds pretty uncool, man

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i've got very sticky dank buds and i'm trying to chill. miss me with that "3000 people died in a earthquake" poo poo

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Someone give the Earth a valium, fucks sake

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Mozi posted:

No, it was all a part of His plan.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mozi posted:

most of them were heathens/heretics iirc

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Internetjack posted:

7.8 is like "Is Godzilla rising out of the ground?" level of scary.

Waiting with bated breath for the Cthulu Mecha Godzilla to rise out of the Pacific when this bad boy's ready to quack https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Andreas_Fault

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Does that region normally get earthquakes?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Mr. Crow posted:

It was like 100 years since the last bad one. When they are bad they are really bad, like civilization ruining.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mr. Crow posted:

antioch has been subject to a few that have killed hundreds of thousands

also byzantium a few times too

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

It was like 100 years since the last bad one. When they are bad they are really bad, like civilization ruining.

basically this

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Mr. Crow posted:

yes it is directly on a fault https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Anatolian_Fault

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Mozi posted:

perhaps only the wicked perished in this one, can someone check?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Gaziantep fortress has been destroyed.

Extremely sad for the Roman empire.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

What game is this? it looks neato

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mr.Acula posted:

KeyQuest 2

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
watch biden start a war

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
There's alot of people posting videos while they're trapped, would advise not to watch those. I think I've had enough Internet today.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 7, 2023

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Mr.Acula posted:

Now that I'm home and not looking at it on a tiny phone this looks a lot more like AI art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

PinheadSlim posted:

Mom big, so what?

More cushion for the pushin!