Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Did anyone use the word woke seriously in this thread yet. That's the metric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Bobbyhill Propane-acy

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

i think the blizzlols thread started specifically because of all the hosed up poo poo that was coming out of blizzard

Yeah, but people are still allowed to discuss the game. I don't remember as much outrage over people who played Blizzard games as there was Hogwarts Legacy.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I think the whole "only extremely online people know about JK Rowling" is dumb and let's society off the hook:

1. Most people are extremely online in one way or another.
2. Harry Potter fans are much younger and nerdier, making them even more likely to be extremely online. They know about Rowling's anti-trans comments / behavior. They might not know all the details, but they know enough.

This game is successful because...

1. Harry Potter fans (and people in general) have no self-control when it comes to consumption.
2. Media attention is at best telling people to consume, but to feel a little bad about it.
3. "Gamers" have turned this into a political statement on being anti-trans by buying something. Anytime you equate the act of buying something with making a political statement, you are going win over a lot of people. Especially if that ethic is "eliminate trans people". This is basically the conservative media empire in a nutshell.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Charles 1998 posted:

Yeah, but people are still allowed to play the game. I don't remember as much outrage over people who played Blizzard games as there was Hogwarts Legacy.

You're allowed to play the game

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Charles 1998 posted:

Yeah, but people are still allowed to play the game. I don't remember as much outrage over people who played Blizzard games as there was Hogwarts Legacy.

never post in games again

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yep. This was my reasoning as well;

GBS...... Gbs ruins every thing

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

You're allowed to play the game

No you're not. That is illegal.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Mean Baby posted:

I think the whole "only extremely online people know about JK Rowling" is dumb and let's society off the hook:

2. Harry Potter fans are much younger and nerdier, making them even more likely to be extremely online. They know about Rowling's anti-trans comments / behavior. They might not know all the details, but they know enough.

This game is successful because...

1. Harry Potter fans (and people in general) have no self-control when it comes to consumption.
2. Media attention is at best telling people to consume, but to feel a little bad about it.
3. "Gamers" have turned this into a political statement on being anti-trans by buying something. Anytime you equate the act of buying something with making a political statement, you are going win over a lot of people. Especially if that ethic is "eliminate trans people". This is basically the conservative media empire in a nutshell.

im pretty sure the game is successful because folks wanted to play harry potter and dont really hear about the rowling stuff tbh

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'd rather read the Shore Leave guy insulting me than long rear end paragraphs and dudes saying out if pocket things abt Blizzard

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Since we’re saying our goodbyes, I want to say how much joy this thread brought me.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

You're allowed to discuss the game in this thread, but you'll have to navigate the many shitposts :shrug:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If you're gonna make a post whose format is two lists, do not enumerate them because it looks sloppy, instead use bulley points!!!!

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Buschmaki posted:

If you're gonna make a post whose format is two lists, do not enumerate them because it looks sloppy, instead use bulley points!!!!

I would if this was an email!!!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

That's bully

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Lady Radia posted:

never post in games again

Am I wrong? There's multiple blizzard threads up where you can discuss the game, and no game discussion for Hogwarts. Clearly there is a line drawn by this site where what Blizzard employees did is deemed less offensive than what JK Rowling did.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Bully for you

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Charles 1998 posted:

I just realized none of you were this worked up over blizzard employees literally raping people, in fact we have an entire board dedicated to one single blizzard game. I guess this Harry Potter fiasco was just a virtue signal circle jerk.

its not funny to shitpost about literal rape op hth

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
He found the line, there it was

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Bioshuffle posted:

But seriously, are there plans to stop the derail and make the game thread about the actual game?

With millions of copies being sold already, I know I can't be the only goon who wants to leave politics behind and just talk about the actual game at some point.

Hi, it's me, the idiot who originally posted the massive wall of text quoted in the OP. That post originally came from an argument in the PS5 thread that was trying to find a sane middle ground but really, you can't really talk about this game while carefully tiptoeing around the massive pile of red flags. We tried banning talk specifically about Rowling and her activism but that just resulted in "I can't wait to play the wizard game, teehee, I might even buy three copies" and similar stuff until it came out that the game is also about putting down a revolution of a magical underclass. Kinda hard to ignore just how bad that is.

So unfortunately, this is exactly the thread you asked for. Sorry.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Let's gas this thread, ambulance mod.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The thread should be closed n not gassed, not even allowed the glory of infamy in the chamber

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

HopperUK posted:

He found the line, there it was

thank you for your service hopperuk :britain:

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Mean Baby posted:

you live in a different universe than most people, friend

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I am going to close the thread for now at least since it's basically just posting about itself.

I want to make one thing completely clear, though. There is not going to be a thread for this game that doesn't allow talk of JKR and her vile bigotry, or that protects people who want to play the game from other people making fun of them. If you want to sincere-post about this game, post somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thank you HopperUK for doing the best you can with this thread. Also I just want to reiterate part of her post that all Video Games mods back:

HopperUK posted:

There is not going to be a thread for this game that doesn't allow talk of JKR and her vile bigotry, or that protects people who want to play the game from other people making fun of them.

If you are looking for trollfree discourse about this game, then the Video Games forum is not the place to go.