Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Floofy posted:

I just got a trade offer of Nick Castellanos for Seiya Suzuki. I don’t know a lot about baseball, but looking at the stats, this should be a good trade for me?

Is there something I don’t know about other than the other team might be a Chicago homer as he’s got a bunch of Cubs already.

I could see it working out for you, but Castellanos made a change to his approach in the box this year that may hurt his power output, if that's what you're chasing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I begrudgingly dropped Suzuki as a keeper when he went out of the WBC, and I wish I had not done so.

Also won my H2H league by 13 points this week - 299 to 286. Yikes.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I have Suzuki and I would not trade him for Castellanos.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Baty getting the call

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

:siren: FTJ active in 3 days :siren:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

General Bullshit posted:

:siren: FTJ active in 3 days :siren:

I already slotted him into my lineup for tomorrow. It's glorious.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Time for the daily notification!

"Gunnar Henderson (3B) is not starting in your lineup but is starting today for Bal."

Please do something, young man.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Me, a couple weeks ago: "Oh, drat. Kris Bubic is one to watch. Better add him to all my watch lists."

Me, today: "Oh, lol. Sorry about your season, dude. I believed in you."

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok now that Jordan Walker has cooled off and Gunnar hasn’t found it yet I find myself really wishing I followed the thread title advice and went after a solid 3b.

I am down real bad right now :saddowns:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

the_american_dream posted:

Ok now that Jordan Walker has cooled off and Gunnar hasn’t found it yet I find myself really wishing I followed the thread title advice and went after a solid 3b.

I am down real bad right now :saddowns:

Spencer Steer is still less than 5% rostered on ESPN which seems insane to me.

Also Josh Rojas exists, I guess?

Every other name I'm seeing <30% rostered on ESPN is in the midst of a horrible cold streak, of course.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Yeah no kidding. I snagged Arenado in my 15-teamer and Austin Riley in my 12-teamer thankfully.

Then there’s my 10-teamer where I had Witt at 3B and Tim Anderson at SS. Now Witt’s at SS and my 3B is… Josh Rojas. :negative:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Rojas is somehow owned but yea Steer is on my watchlist. I have JD Davis as well. Picked him up right when he decided to stop being hot

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Jonathan India or Jeff McNeil ROS? I have a guy wanting to trade me Jordan Montgomery for Jeff and… I’m just not sure even though I need pitching. That said I’m a Cardinals homer already collecting Cards pitchers and uhhh that’s maybe not a great idea lol. Standard Yahoo H2H.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

Jonathan India or Jeff McNeil ROS? I have a guy wanting to trade me Jordan Montgomery for Jeff and… I’m just not sure even though I need pitching. That said I’m a Cardinals homer already collecting Cards pitchers and uhhh that’s maybe not a great idea lol. Standard Yahoo H2H.

You picked the one season without Cardinals Devil Magic for their pitchers!

I'd rather have India ROS in that format. McNeil doesn't give enough HR/SB juice and in H2H the effects of his good BA typically don't matter as much.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

India is one of those guys I'm kicking myself for not drafting as late as he was going. I was big on him last season, he was injured. Now he's what I thought I was getting last season. Plus he plays at Cincy for 81 games.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
My 3b spot has been a revolving door of Alec Bohm, Ryan McMahon and Ke'Bryan Hayes. :smith:

I think I'll drop Hayes and take a flyer on Brent Rooker right now.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Monday_ posted:

My 3b spot has been a revolving door of Alec Bohm, Ryan McMahon and Ke'Bryan Hayes. :smith:

I think I'll drop Hayes and take a flyer on Brent Rooker right now.

That's a really tough call but I like Hayes there. He's cut his K% in half, his statcast data is pretty good including a better launch angle, and he's playing every day. (Small sample size caveats still apply.) I'd keep all three guys over Rooker, but if you have to drop one I'd say McMahon. It's just so hard to drop a decent Rockies hitter though :ohdear: Maybe try to flip McMahon for help elsewhere?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Jordan Walker sitting for the second game in a row… :negative:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Just punt 3B. It's the second catcher position now. Wait til round 14 and draft Suarez or something and get the same production.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Try to buy low on Manny Machado. Maybe the Machado owner is panicking or just hates him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bregor posted:

Jordan Walker sitting for the second game in a row… :negative:

Oli Marmol loving hates us all.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Some brain genius traded me Nico Hoerner for Ryan Presley.

lol jk he reads this he's a cool dude

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Oli Marmol loving hates us all.

Apparently so does Cardinals brass. Jordan Walker optioned :smithicide:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Yikes, wtf do I do with Walker without an N/A spot? My only other 3B is Baty.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

I had to drop him in a shallow league. I hate when teams do this crap.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

coronaball posted:

Mets only have one lefty SP for the rest of this week (Fried) so Baty should get most of the starts. I'd roll with Baty and hold Walker if I could.

General Bullshit posted:

I had to drop him in a shallow league. I hate when teams do this crap.

:smith: Sorry bud. I've got him in a league with an NA spot but I also have Taj Bradley so the struggle is real. Ended up dropping Brendan Donovan since he's at the bottom of the lineup now, but Walker might have to be my next cut.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/status/1651448082335416320

If this guy can hit enough to stay in the lineup then we could be talking 40+ bags here

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Appreciate y’all giving me advice. I swapped McNeil for Montgomery. I believe in my poo poo team’s pitching!

Tempted to drop Hays or McCutchen for either Suwinski or Rooker. Any feelings on that? Cutch is looking awesome but Suwinksi’s statcast is insane. Rooker is putting up great numbers but the Pirates are killing it right now.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Appreciate y’all giving me advice. I swapped McNeil for Montgomery. I believe in my poo poo team’s pitching!

Tempted to drop Hays or McCutchen for either Suwinski or Rooker. Any feelings on that? Cutch is looking awesome but Suwinksi’s statcast is insane. Rooker is putting up great numbers but the Pirates are killing it right now.

I just dropped Hays for Suwinski myself, and I would drop Cutch for Rooker at this point. Cutch looks good so far, but he's old, I'd rather take a chance on a young guy breaking out.

Also speaking of Pirates, grab Mitch Keller if you still can, 10 Ks tonight against the Dodgers, he's looked solid all season.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

Suwinski is basically a young Joc Pederson. Platoon guy (although he started against a lefty today) who crushes righties, will need to be managed/benched when facing a lefty-heavy week, and submarines your BA. That has value but don’t buy him thinking it’s going to be 30+HR and 600 PAs.

Rooker seems like a AAAA guy on a heater. But sometimes they last a few months? Team context is abysmal though, how many R and RBI is he really going to get?

I’d be fine dropping either Cutch or Hays, you should be churning the bottom of your lineup and hoping to spike something better anyway. If Alek Thomas is available I’d throw a dart at him ahead of Rooker or Suwinski, D-Backs optioned Jake McCarthy so he’s playing every day and his statcast is encouraging.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

All the Pirates pitchers look good. What is going on there?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

DeGrom left the game with back problems I guess? :negative:

Bregor posted:

Suwinski is basically a young Joc Pederson. Platoon guy (although he started against a lefty today) who crushes righties, will need to be managed/benched when facing a lefty-heavy week, and submarines your BA. That has value but don’t buy him thinking it’s going to be 30+HR and 600 PAs.

Rooker seems like a AAAA guy on a heater. But sometimes they last a few months? Team context is abysmal though, how many R and RBI is he really going to get?

I’d be fine dropping either Cutch or Hays, you should be churning the bottom of your lineup and hoping to spike something better anyway. If Alek Thomas is available I’d throw a dart at him ahead of Rooker or Suwinski, D-Backs optioned Jake McCarthy so he’s playing every day and his statcast is encouraging.

I went for those two but thanks for your input, it’s appreciated. Thanks! Good tip on churning the bottom guys until someone real good lands. I hadn’t really considered that I was slowly moving towards that strategy.

Alek Thomas is an interesting one, I stuck him in my watchlist. The D-Backs are solid this year for sure.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I just dropped Hays for Suwinski myself, and I would drop Cutch for Rooker at this point. Cutch looks good so far, but he's old, I'd rather take a chance on a young guy breaking out.

Also speaking of Pirates, grab Mitch Keller if you still can, 10 Ks tonight against the Dodgers, he's looked solid all season.

I did exactly that with both sets of dudes. I love Cutch and I think he’s going to have a good year but yeah, betting on high ceiling breakouts is a good move. My infield is solid, locked in and my OF/Util is mostly full of younger high ceiling guys now and I like that.

Thanks for the tip on Keller. Unfortunately someone scooped him up. The Pirates are insane this year and it doesn’t feel like just a hot streak.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Thanks for the tip on Keller. Unfortunately someone scooped him up. The Pirates are insane this year and it doesn’t feel like just a hot streak.

Yeah, it feels like the stars are aligned for the Buccos this season with our Redbirds sucking and Milwaukee underperforming. They even managed to get a deal done with Reynolds, I was shocked.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Bregor posted:

Apparently so does Cardinals brass. Jordan Walker optioned :smithicide:

Hopefully he will be back quickly. One of the things they wanted him to work on was lifting the ball more... this is a very good sign already:

https://twitter.com/CardinalsReek/status/1652125982919208963?t=L5X6CbCn3hDsle2YpwSOzw&s=19

edit: wtf do I do with Varsho? He has been straight up trash this year... still adjusting to new team/league?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 29, 2023

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Bryce Harper maybe activated Tuesday :lol:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

General Bullshit posted:

Bryce Harper maybe activated Tuesday :lol:

I drafted him at pick 185 in a money league :lol:

:bisonyes:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I drafted him at pick 185 in a money league :lol:

:bisonyes:

I got him as late as 137. :lol:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Are y’all in leagues with unlimited IL? I’m happy for you and all but I didn’t have any formats where I felt comfortable drafting him, especially since reports were Harper would be out until June or July.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Bregor posted:

Are y’all in leagues with unlimited IL? I’m happy for you and all but I didn’t have any formats where I felt comfortable drafting him, especially since reports were Harper would be out until June or July.

3 and 4 IL slots are the two leagues I drafted him in. All my IL slots are full as hell :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Both Nestor and Luis Robert have been rage-dropped in my 10-teamer, I assume either would be a better use of an end of the roster spot than Gallo? 6 x 6 with OPS and Holds.

coronaball fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 4, 2023