Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Thanks for the advice. Who should I drop for Naylor, Garver or Raleigh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
gently caress me, just put Sean Murphy on the IL. They called up Tromp but Murph is only day to day. Need to sign another C but have no one to cut. I loving hate it when teams do this.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Am I wrong to be carrying two catches in a one catcher league? I’m relatively new to fantasy baseball and i try and keep alternates for every position on my bench just in case, catcher included.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Floofy posted:

Am I wrong to be carrying two catches in a one catcher league? I’m relatively new to fantasy baseball and i try and keep alternates for every position on my bench just in case, catcher included.

It really depends on your league scoring. In most cases, I don't think it's worth carrying two catchers. Most years I just pickup someone that has dual eligibility to maximize at bats. However, on a few occasions, I've also gone without a catcher altogether in lieu of extra pitching.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Floofy posted:

Daily rosters: With a deep bench, no not at all. For a while I had Murphy/D'Arnaud and it worked out pretty well. But if you have limited bench spots like most ESPN/Yahoo/CBS leagues, I'd use them on extra SPs.

Weekly roster lock: One catcher is fine.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Braves score 14 runs, Riley 0-6 :negative:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Bregor posted:

Braves score 14 runs, Riley 0-6 :negative:

That is the worst.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Was just offered Bryce Harper for my guy Wander Franco and I am super intrigued but also a little worried about Bryce's power coming back this year. Any thoughts? I could use homers more than the steals and I have Matt McClain and (eventually) ONeil Cruz to man SS.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I was on here asking for advice to fill my IR slots. Got them filled up and then Alex Cobb and Hunter Greene both get placed on the IR. Perfect, now I have injured guys on my active roster until IR spots open up.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Accident Underwater posted:

Was just offered Bryce Harper for my guy Wander Franco and I am super intrigued but also a little worried about Bryce's power coming back this year. Any thoughts? I could use homers more than the steals and I have Matt McClain and (eventually) ONeil Cruz to man SS.

Wander is great but I would absolutely accept that.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Floofy posted:

I was on here asking for advice to fill my IR slots. Got them filled up and then Alex Cobb and Hunter Greene both get placed on the IR. Perfect, now I have injured guys on my active roster until IR spots open up.

Unless you're in a pretty deep league I don't see any reason to hold Cobb. Who are your other IL stashes?

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

Bregor posted:

Unless you're in a pretty deep league I don't see any reason to hold Cobb. Who are your other IL stashes?

Skubal, May, and Diaz are my pitching ir’s. I feel like I have to keep Cobb because I traded mike Harris for him just to get another pitcher. Seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Harris wasn’t staring for me at all, had to thin down the bench.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bregor posted:

Yeah, Cobb is droppable.

Floofy posted:

Skubal, May, and Diaz are my pitching ir’s. I feel like I have to keep Cobb because I traded mike Harris for him just to get another pitcher. Seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Harris wasn’t staring for me at all, had to thin down the bench.

Bro.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, Cobb is droppable.

Bro.

poo poo, I should have checked before making the trade. I just went through the leagues pitchers to find someone that looked decent, and Cobb had strung together a few good games in a row.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Yet another day where I make the wrong decision between India and Hoerner. I should probably trade one just to end this frustration.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Also Buxton rose from the dead because I rage-dropped him in a 10 teamer, so those of you who are still on the ride are welcome for that.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Think of all the fun to see when everyone picks him back up after today and he goes straight back to his 3 for 25 weeks.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

jabro posted:

Think of all the fun to see when everyone picks him back up after today and he goes straight back to his 3 for 25 weeks.

True, but my opponent added him at 9:30 AM this morning so it's doubly annoying in this moment.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Maikel Garcia, man

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Angels have 24 runs already against the Rockies, let's see how my buddy Shohei did...

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Oh no it’s me who’s the “guy who thought his hot team was actually good and didn’t want to make a lot of moves and am now stuck with this roster to try and salvage with waiver pickups” this year 😔

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Sean Murphy off today, I’ll move Henry Davis to C and Jordan Walker to OF

Walker’s sitting too, I’ll get Seiya in the lineup

Seiya is off too…

daily lineup leagues are their own torture.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Cristian
Javier

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

lol gently caress

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
it is correct to just hate all starting pitchers

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Every starting pitcher sucks. gently caress them all.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Big Maple

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Oh Shane Mac getting beat up who couldve seen this coming

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I looked early on Sunday and was losing, imagine my surprise when I saw today that I had indeed come back from an 8-4 deficit to a 6-5-1 win!

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Is Ryu worth an ir stash? Looks like he made a minor league rehab start yesterday

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kensei posted:

I looked early on Sunday and was losing, imagine my surprise when I saw today that I had indeed come back from an 8-4 deficit to a 6-5-1 win!

came back from down 2-12 to tie it, but then some stat correction turned it back into a 6-8 loss :smith:

Still 9-3-1 and sitting a game up in first place though!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Inspector_666 posted:

came back from down 2-12 to tie it, but then some stat correction turned it back into a 6-8 loss :smith:

Still 9-3-1 and sitting a game up in first place though!

High Five First Place buddy, I am 9-2-2 and waiting for the wheels to come off...

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

The brutal pain of having Eury Perez and no NA slot. 😢 Guess I'll play a man short for a month or whatever.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

coronaball posted:

The brutal pain of having Eury Perez and no NA slot. 😢 Guess I'll play a man short for a month or whatever.

I have him, and a NA slot, but I currently have vaughn grissom there.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

After having little to no success trading at all this season (I think I made one trade across my 5 leagues before the season started)... I have managed to make 2 trades in the same money league this week, I'm feeling good about them now.

The first trade was randomly offered to me the other night and I jumped on it for a few reasons despite it complicating my roster... my team started the season out well but has been trending down and needed a shakeup, and Carroll's shoulder issue gave me a little concern, so here is the trade I accepted:

I give: Corbin Carroll
I get: Freddie Freeman

I already had Goldy at 1B, and with only one UTIL slot currently occupied by Elly, weakening my OF by giving up Carroll was hard to do and also meant I needed to make another trade. But I felt was worth it to get Freddie since this league counts Hits along with AVG and OBP.

That trade made me shop some other guys around, I made a few offers and this one ended up getting accepted today:

I give: Goldy and Bogaerts
I get: Randy Arozarena

Bogaerts has been rotting on my bench so this also gives me another roster spot to work with. I will probably pick up another pitcher once trade 2 goes through.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

That's awesome! I feel like trades have just gotten harder over the years. People seem to be way more cautious and everyone has more information now.

I through caution to the wind 6 weeks ago and traded Corbin Burnes for Kolten Wong. Figured why not I needed a 2b with Giminez killing me there and I've been happy with the results so far.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I dropped Buxton before today's game. You're welcome whoever still rostered him.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

how 2 win @ fantasy

sorry if huge blame crapple

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
Drop Matt McClain or Bryan Reynolds for Yordan Alvarez off the IL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

funny way to spell posted:

Drop Matt McClain or Bryan Reynolds for Yordan Alvarez off the IL?

Reynolds. It feels wild to say that. You could always try a trade.