Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Probably/hopefully Reynolds is your worst OF, so I'd just drop him and activate the much better OF. There's some Trojan horse potential too, Reynolds will likely be added by someone else and stink up their roster.

Or he'll immediately get hotter than hell and you'll feel like an rear end in a top hat. 🔥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Marlins beat writer thinks Eury Perez may be back next week. Could be in a bullpen role though.

quote:

Eury Perez is on track to return to the Marlins at some point next week. Marlins GM Kim Ng told reporters she was monitoring his progress, but from what we hear, that progress is leading to a quick return to the big leagues. It seems possible Perez will pitch against the New York Yankees next weekend at loanDepot park.

from here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article277008218.html

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

They would be insane to not have him in the rotation as a starter

-me, a guy who has had Eury stashed on the bench

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kilometers Davis posted:

They would be insane to not have him in the rotation as a starter

-me, a guy who has had Eury stashed on the bench

I mean they should also be thinking this as a team ostensibly able to get a playoff spot this year.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I see Spencer Torkleson is actually good.

And then I see my 1B slot is taken by Matt Olson and welp I hope someone enjoys those Tork dingers.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Well I had some momentum and then Darvish and McLain hit the IL on the same day :negative:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm 15-4-1 in my money league, and as of right tonight I'm 9-0-5 in my matchup thanks to the following offensive line:

.321/.428/.732, 20 R, 12 HR, 21 RBI, 3SB

My pitching has also picked things up a bit this week but man, this offense is just suffocating, and my starters are almost all dudes I drafted. Feels good.

EDIT: Also I totally thought I hosed up reacting to RP changes because of the real-life trade deadline but two of the "Good ratios, maybe a W or SV vulture" guys I picked off the wire are now officially closers which is fun.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 31, 2023

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

The playoffs started this week in one of my money leagues and I think I need to drop a bat to pick up another pitcher, but I'm having a hard time making the call...

...do I drop Arenado? He's been ice cold for a while and is possibly hurt or just doesn't give a poo poo because the Cardinals' season was over months ago.

Or do I drop McCormick, who Dusty has seemingly platooned for no reason and is only playing every other game....?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Who is your pitching and is this a keeper league?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Inspector_666 posted:

Who is your pitching and is this a keeper league?

Redraft. My pitching is pretty mediocre, I probably shouldn't win with this team...

But anyway, I just saw Jordan Lawlar got called up and pulled the trigger on dropping Arenado, and dropped Rengifo for a pitcher (Sanchez).

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I don't think you necessarily need to rush out and drop any of the bats, maybe replace Blackburn with somebody with more upside given his next scheduled start is against Texas?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Dropped Yoshida for Jasson Dominguez. Perhaps reactionary but Yoshida is pretty streaky anyway, no more or less than a freshly called up rookie.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

:swoon: I love you Chas.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Needed to win or tie RBI or I would be eliminated today. Will Smith had the day off, so in a desperate attempt to field a complete lineup I added "Jake Rogers."

Incredible.

https://twitter.com/MLBHRVideos/status/1703513388033196488?s=19

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Ended up doing alright in RazzSlam this year...

Now I just need to not poo poo the bed this week in my money league and I'll really be feeling good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I've been in the finals in my home league in 4 out of the last 6 years and haven't taken down a title since 2014

We Did It, Joe

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

drat Soler. I didn’t notice he was off the IL on Sunday and lost 9-7 in my home league. I was tied in HRs and down 1 in RBIs. Of course he had a HR and 2 ribbies. He knew.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

:swoon: I love you Chas.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Ugh first place for a lot of the season and then falling flat in the playoffs.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kensei posted:

Ugh first place for a lot of the season and then falling flat in the playoffs.

Yep, my team picked a hell of a week to stop hitting and melt down on the mound every night.

EDIT: NM they remembered how to hit in a big way last night please keep it up today my dudes.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 24, 2023

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i never sat in first but spent most of the year 2-4 after a rough first month. felt really good about my team going into the playoffs, then led my semifinal matchup 5-4 on Sunday until my opponent got a SB to make it 5-5. tiebreaker was regular season results between teams which were 5-5 and 6-4 the other guys. oh well!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

my goal next year is to be a bit more confident/aggressive in FA pickups, probably trying to do more 2-1 or 3-2 deals to free up space to pick up a guy. too many times this year a guy would start going on a tear a week after i added them to my watchlist but two days after someone else added them to their roster

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I made it to the Finals in 3 of the 5 leagues I cared about! as well as a free yahoo pubby league that I abandoned in June :lol:

Free yahoo pubby leagues are pointless.

Anyway, 2 of the Finals I am in are for money, the first one is the keeper league I set up with DGladding and some other goons, I'll either win $150 for 1st or $50 for 2nd.

My other money league is a redraft Winner Take All, I can win $240. I've used 4 of my 6 moves for the week and it's only Tuesday lmao.

Should be a fun week.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Bregor posted:

Joined a 20-team dynasty league (keep up to 23 players, everyone in Fantrax pool available) with a H2H 6x6 (HR, RBI, OBP, SBN, TB, RC) (QS, K, ERA, WHIP, S+H, HR/9). Definitely a new format for me. Took over a very bad roster

snip

Well, I finished 12th and have a ton of prospects now!

code:
MLB

William Contreras
Spencer Steer
Ozzie Albies
Curtis Mead
Jordan Westburg
Pete Crow-Armstrong
Brandon Nimmo
Masataka Yoshida
Junior Caminero

Logan Allen
Aaron Ashby
Kyle Bradish
Kyle Harrison
Bobby Miller
Kutter Crawford
Camilo Doval
Andres Munoz

MiLB/International

Matt Mervis
Lazaro Montes
Tyler Black
Michael Busch
Jackson Merrill
Colson Montgomery
Jett Williams
Owen Caissie
Dylan Crews
Chase DeLauter
Druw Jones

Shota Imanaga
Jared Jones
Noah Schultz
Yoshinobu Yamamoto
Really happy with how the season turned out, dynasty leagues are pretty crazy to keep up with but I think my team will be much better in '24 and hopefully contending in '25.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Chief McHeath posted:

my goal next year is to be a bit more confident/aggressive in FA pickups, probably trying to do more 2-1 or 3-2 deals to free up space to pick up a guy. too many times this year a guy would start going on a tear a week after i added them to my watchlist but two days after someone else added them to their roster

That was my goal before this year. I was really aggressive cutting bait on guys sooner than waiting it out, and I got some really great stretches (Outman, Josh Lowe, Luke Raley, Matt McCain) and had no problem cutting some of those guys or my draft picks regardless of where I picked them once they cooled.

Just won the league with only 6 of my 25 draft picks remaining on my roster.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
My team got no-hit last night. 0 for 31. This makes me sad.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SVIWkiOgK4

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

My strategy of the long game has really worked out. I drafted Acuna and Tatis a couple of years ago in my keeper league when both were out for the whole season or most of it, and I drafted J-Rod as an early reach. Last year I drafted Bobby Witt as an early reach. I won my league.

We have 6 keepers and this year I am starting with keeping Acuna/Witt/JRod/Tatis, ranked 1/2/3/7 (might be 4 if he rebounds from a down year). Life is good

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm now in two Ottoneu leagues and already doing mock drafts for TGFBI. I should probably make a new thread.

2B is the new 3B.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm now in two Ottoneu leagues and already doing mock drafts for TGFBI. I should probably make a new thread.

2B is the new 3B.

A new thread would be cool, I'm currently in a TGFBI satellite slow draft and still making deals in my dynasty league. There is no offseason...

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

fawning deference posted:

My strategy of the long game has really worked out. I drafted Acuna and Tatis a couple of years ago in my keeper league when both were out for the whole season or most of it, and I drafted J-Rod as an early reach. Last year I drafted Bobby Witt as an early reach. I won my league.

We have 6 keepers and this year I am starting with keeping Acuna/Witt/JRod/Tatis, ranked 1/2/3/7 (might be 4 if he rebounds from a down year). Life is good

We started a new 7x7 keeper league last season and I am definitely glad I drafted so well the first year.

Scoring:

Runs, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG
K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9, QS, SV/HLD

I won last season. We get 5 keepers, and I'm coming into this season with Acuña (#1), Witt (#2), Carroll (#4), Riley (#14), and I haven't decided my 5th yet for sure, but probably gonna keep George Kirby (other options are Nolan Jones/Zack Wheeler/Cody Bellinger). Bellinger feels too risky, Nolan Jones is intriguing, and Wheeler has been pretty consistently great, but is getting up there in age/mileage on his arm. Kirby is much younger at 25 and had the ridiculous k/bb rate and better ratios, hopefully he can increase his strikeouts a bit.

Anybody in here from our league, I renewed it last week, check the league chat for more details.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Julio/Corbin/Kirby are my three keepers in the Goon league I play in :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Have at em https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4053768