Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i'm the procedural rogue-lite elements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

u face 3 doors

💰 | ❓ | ☠️

u pick ❓ door and get a relic that increases your attack speed by 10%

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

You pick up the Blue Candle. You think, "Ah gently caress another loving indie circlejerk easter egg item. What does the blue candle do in Isaac again? Ughhh why doesn't the item screen tell you what the item does, now I have to use the crummy fandom wiki."

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

The main monster is an Eldritch horror with Lovecraftian elements. It's so scary and unspeakable that you can't even look at it without going mad, your human mind can't comprehend such things.

In the third act you see the monster and it's just a whale with tentacles.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Nice Van My Man posted:

There's no time to get playtesters. I know, I'll just play my own game over and over again, making it even harder and more obtuse each time until I'm the only person on earth who can play it.

It's two months after release and a couple of streamers that exclusively play my game are beating it too fast for my liking, so I'm going to make it even harder.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

The Bramble posted:

After a successful Kickstarter and buzz in the press a game based on Supernatural, the cult favorite CW horror-fantasy show that lasted for fifteen seasons, is released. Unfortunately due to Jensen Ackles unavailability owing to his involvement in the Rust film set shooting and other legal snafus, the game features only Sam and Castiel, neither voiced by their original actors. Reviews focus the atrocious load times, the absence of the iconic ‘69 Impala (Chevrolet was unwilling to license its property), and a plot line focused on the universally panned ‘Styne Family’, an ancient “family of Frankensteins” who make a brief appearance in season 10. Even hardcore fans of the series avoid the game as a small cohort of slash fiction authors who moderate the subreddit maneuver to quash discussion in response to developers refusal to make Sam and Cass kiss.

The mod community works together and breaks new ground in AI research to replicate the brothers' voices and then make them have sex with each other.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

(japanese dev) the game's protagonist uses a perfectly modeled and textured Sig Sauer P210 (German Army stamped with original blueing and wooden grips). Half of the game's animation budget is spent on reloading animations and the protagonist loudly comments about how the improved trigger more than makes up for the lower capacity.

There are five enemies total in the game.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

(japanese dev)
The final boss is the spirit of your parents and they're mad you decided to become a video game developer instead of going into finance like your older brother.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

(chinese dev)
You have sliders for both breast size and pussy mound size. The game inexplicably has an incredibly complex take on the sphere grid system from FFX.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

(german dev)
Game seamlessly blends modern horror sensibilities with German folklore. Sound design and music are better than most AAA games. Game lasts 8 hours and never overstays its welcome.

Sells 500 copies and the devs go bankrupt after middling reviews from game journalists that didn't play past the first level.

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 10, 2023

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

(french dev)
You play as Petite Loup, a wolfboy struggling with his new powers in a psychosexual thriller that takes place in 19th century Paris. Transformation scenes are needlessly detailed and the entire game feels weirdly perverted.

Commercial failure until the furry community finds it and it goes trending on Steam.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

(canadian dev)
By day you're a fisherman in a sleepy town in Ontario. By night, something far more sinister as the villagers turn into Lovecraftian fishpeople.

It's a walking simulator and isn't much fun at all.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Applewhite posted:

This revolutionary game features character models and environments based entirely on AI generated images.

You are pursued through a nightmarish abandoned oil refinery by an evil clown with 11 fingers on each hand and a bunch of anime girls with asses for boobs.

We've used neural net AI technology mated with chat from real people to make the creepiest, most realistic enemy in video game history.

Edit: We regret to inform our valued players that we're pulling the game from Steam after the clown started quoting fake holocaust statistics at the player. We're working around the clock to resolve this.

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 11, 2023

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

(swedish dev)
You play as a Swedish indie game developer in Gothenburg. Visual novel. By day you run errands and go to therapy. At night your success at therapy determines your dreams. They're not scary at all. Is the "survival horror" genre tag on this one a joke?
Winner of the Malmö Independent Game Jam Palme D'or 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

(portland dev)
Your rag-tag DnD group composed of obese polyamorous 20-somethings juggle their complicated (and sexy!) social lives by day. By night you put on homemade costumes and take to the streets to fight capitalism and smash the patriarchy. It really, really wants to be disco elysium.
Winner of the Social Justice Award for Good Effort from the Eugene Game Developers Conference 2019.