Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Strained my thumb opening the toothpaste tube :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Buce posted:

that's a weird way to b ang

So sorry you had to find out this way but I had to go in backwards because your mom is so ugly.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I got a hiatal hernia which is a when your stomach pushes through your diaphragm and causes reflux. It's very common for old people, not that much for my age. It's a result of bad lifestyle choices and when I realized that this poo poo is never, ever going away it was quite sobering.

Oh and also when my back started hurting during a regular 3 hour kama sutra session with my hot, model wife, duh.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Stood up in the bathtub about two weeks ago, felt something pop in my knee and went "Oh no :ohno:"

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?
I got RSI in my wrist, elbow, and shoulder from jerking off

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

JetSetGo posted:

I took a poo poo in the middle of the night and pushed so hard I heard a loud snap in my neck. For the next two weeks I experienced a hell I had never thought existed. I resisted going to the ER the whole time until I cried like an absolute bitch one morning and relented. After threat of spinal tap I declined, the ER let me go with amazing muscle relaxers that fixed it all.

What is the most common goon injury?

why were you making GBS threads outta ur neck

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I got mad doing some yardwork (it was taking too long and I was overwhelmed at work) and angrily threw a hosepipe down - my wife pointed out that the neighbors kids saw and was mad at me for acting like a baby. Later that evening I told her I thought I'd sprained my wrist doing that. I downplayed the pain because of how embarrassed I was.
3 weeks later it still hurts, so I head to the doctor and find out it's fractured.
This was a month ago it's not better yet.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 9, 2023

Mr. Bung
Mar 24, 2005

Get out the pink press threat file
and Um-brrrptzzap the subject.
Fell out of the loft fetching the xmas decorations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Tore something in my back shoulder checking in my car and had to spend the next month in bed with heat and cold. loving sucked.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Wore out the fibrous area in the ball of my foot from running too much with a forefoot strike.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

When I started injuring myself in my sleep by sleeping in a slightly wrong position

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I'm pretty old by goon standards, but I don't have any of these issues. Woke up with a slightly sore back. But that's just from working out, not from standing up too fast or walking up a flight of stairs or whatever is taking you people out of commission.

No real point here. Just gloating.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I'm pretty old by goon standards, but I don't have any of these issues. Woke up with a slightly sore back. But that's just from working out, not from standing up too fast or walking up a flight of stairs or whatever is taking you people out of commission.

No real point here. Just gloating.

Wow, it’s as if regular exercise keeps your body functioning and prevents injury

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I’ve had zero injuries bc I take care of my body. Stay Hard.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
Bursitis in my left shoulder. Doctor said repetitive stress injury.

I’m right handed.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I stretched in bed one morning and there was a CHOONK! in my left shoulder as something dislodged, sending arresting pain spasming through my back. It still flares up now 3 years later.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I woke up and realized I was the idiot all along

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Spun around too quick and my back muscles, to quote the doctor, "exploded."

I don't there's any part of your body you want to hear that word applied to.

I am mostly better now but hooooo boy do back injuries take a long time to heal.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Murdstone posted:

I hurt my back lying down.

me 2 no lie

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

went to take a morning whiz and nothing but dust came out.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I'm awakened by intense pins and needles in my hands in the middle of the every night these past few weeks.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I wore the wrong pair of shoes playing sports outside and I rolled my foot over and broke it.

That seems innocuous on the surface and something that could happen to a younger dude but imo it wouldn't have happened if I were in my early 20s because back then I had the stupid skinny guy metabolism and now even though I work out and try to watch what I eat I am nevertheless much heavier than I used to be. So when my body twists in the wrong way it's a little harder on the joints. Getting closer to 40 now and not looking forward to it getting even hardy to maintain a healthy weight

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I fall down a decent amount at home where I'm more lax about movement/body awareness stuff. I have Ehlers-Danlos and I'm almost 40 and already had a shoulder reconstruction at 17 because it just dumped out of socket on its own so many times my ortho told me it, "[looked] like you fell off a motorcycle going 80 and rolled with your shoulder dislocated."

I had to call in to work on Sunday because on Saturday I moved wrong, slung the bathmat out from underneath my foot, couldn't catch myself and clipped my left hip on the tub and right leg on the toilet. My left hip has a 4" long deep black bruise that's about 1" from top to bottom. This is not the first time I have had that bruise on either side of my hip. Not looking forward to the major surgeries I'm going to have to have eventually after already having one, and most of the affected ligaments (100%) aren't getting any of them so lol.

I got up from the fall no problem, but I told my girlfriend that if I was 20-30 years older we'd probably have to go to the hospital and it would probably be pretty grim. The stuff that went out of alignment and has shown itself has all been in my left shoulder and neck. It ain't a new problem, but it's definitely getting worse the older I get.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 9, 2023

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Carpal tunnel syndrome, plantars facaeiits.

I have hip joint pain now, might be related to an out of nowhere out of practice mountain biking run that envolved going over the bars and down a steep hill. I'm 34

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

**thinking back to all the "it's weird to drink milk as an adult posts"**

"oh wow, wild that you keep breaking bones doing ordinary stuff, who could have ever seen this coming?"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

NoiseAnnoys posted:

"oh wow, wild that you keep breaking bones doing ordinary stuff, who could have ever seen this coming?"

drinking cow milk doesn't do jack poo poo for your bone health or density hth

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24247817/

quote:

Results: During follow-up, 1226 hip fractures were identified in women and 490 in men. After controlling for known risk factors and current milk consumption, each additional glass of milk per day during teenage years was associated with a significant 9% higher risk of hip fracture in men (RR = 1.09; 95% CI, 1.01-1.17). The association was attenuated when height was added to the model (RR = 1.06; 95% CI, 0.98-1.14). Teenage milk consumption was not associated with hip fractures in women (RR = 1.00 per glass per day; 95% CI, 0.95-1.05).

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Jammed a handle bar into my side while carrying my bike up some stairs. Cracked a rib somehow and its still bugging me three weeks later. Being 40 sucks.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

severed umbilical cord injury

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I have cirrhosis. Its not really an injury. I had to work hard and develop it over time.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Strained my Achilles driving. It starts bothering me if I have to drive more than an hour.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Look at this clown that fell for the dairy industry propaganda.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Sneezed "funny" somehow and hosed my neck and shoulder up somehow. Also possibly related to picking up my son who is tall like me and hence is already getting too heavy to carry around.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i'm fit and healthy op

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

are you hale and hearty as well?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Inzombiac posted:

Look at this clown that fell for the dairy industry propaganda.

Skeletons on tv don't lie

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
its more like being reminded that i'm old every time i'm in a fight

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Sometimes I go all light headed pushing a poo poo out too hard. This happens a lot

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Eat more fiber goon

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Crammed a poo poo load of work into an Awful Jams game entry and then decided the best way to relax after was to play nothing but Doom for 2 weeks and got RSI in my wrist so bad I actually lost grip strength for a while. Still comes back sometimes.

I also dislocated my jaw 2 summers ago opening my mouth to bite into a sandwich (2 slices of bread and cheese nothing huge). Luckily it popped right back into place but the muscles in my jaw on one side of my face were stuck in spasm for weeks. and eventually healed and stopped clicking by Christmas. Lovely triple threat there of an overbite, not sleeping due to insane covid parties my neighbours where having and real awful work stress tightening the poo poo out of my jaw muscles.

Oh also this later caused a tooth of mine to explode! Luckily my dentist is cheap and effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Drove over some snow ruts, and the side-to-side motion turned a mildly annoying stitch in my back to full-on crippling back spasms in an instant. Had to pull over for a minute to let things settle down, and spent the rest of the night covering a hockey game while in agony.

I've only ever had mild issues with my back in the past, and let's just say this poo poo sucks.