Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's been ten years since the funniest sitcom to ever air has been on TV, time to strip mine each and every one of its 138 episodes for the choicest of bits and clips.

This entire sequence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sycfsbu0sys
[video type="youtube" start="30s"]Tw30UQoN8uI&t=30s[/video]

Another classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPP8DJPbBkw

If you've worked on sets in NY just walk by them a lot, you've probably seen Radio Man. This transient, pseudo-unhoused dude rides around the city on a huge bike with a bigger boom box and just hangs out on film sets all day. Some sets will give him a bg role, but he's in SAG-AFTRA now because of his speaking lines from 30 Rock. There's a documentary about him and it's fun to play "Where's Craig?" in NY TV and movies. My most recent victory in that game is the closing scenes of Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Ultimatum; maybe Damon brought him on? They were both in the weddings episode. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Tracy Junior, where's your mother?

She said she had to take a spa week in Canyon Ranch before my dad broke it in half. I'm not supposed to hear that, I'm a child!

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Tracy, did you hear? Fred Dawkins, the incredibly overweight guy Pac-man was based off of, died.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you don't mind, I think we all laughed at Fart Nuggets so let's just move on

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I知 Ogbert the nerd. Always have been, always will be.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
When did old Bob Dunston swallow all this change?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My brother Eddie sells faulty sprinkler systems to elementary schools. My cousin Tim fixes NBA games.

In case you aren't sports fans, Tim Donaghy was an NBA ref who got busted for point shaving and mob connections like a year or two before the show began.

Crutch
Apr 22, 2010
I've had to send more money home lately. There are problems on the farm. After years of inbreeding the pigs are getting violent and the pig shield around the house has worn thin.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Save it Liz, I booked the 911 Bird. Winston here saved his owner by dialing 911 and yelling fire only because he didn't know the word for rape.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Dear Liz Lemon: While other women have bigger boobs than you, no other woman has as big a heart. When I saw you getting ready to go out and get nailed by a bunch of guys last night, I knew for sure it was over between us, and for the first time since the '86 World Series, I cried... I cried like a big, dumb homo. And if it was up to me, we'd be together forever. But there's a new thing called "women's liberation", which gives you women the right to choose and you have chosen to abort me, and that I must live with. So tonight, when you arrive home, I'll be gone. I officially renounce my squatter's rights.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I'm looking for D.I.H.C Avery, and I'm going to take it wherever I can find it.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The lack of oxygen is making me orgasm!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I will not gay set you up again, so I'll be very clear: You'll be under me and if there's one slip up your rear end is mine. drat!

Crutch
Apr 22, 2010
You know what family means to me, Lemon? Resentment. Guilt. Anger. Easter egg hunts that turn into knife fights.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

swickles posted:

My brother Eddie sells faulty sprinkler systems to elementary schools. My cousin Tim fixes NBA games.

In case you aren't sports fans, Tim Donaghy was an NBA ref who got busted for point shaving and mob connections like a year or two before the show began.

That's a great deep joke

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Wanting to be with a woman? How gay is that? You win sex against a man. That’s as straight as it gets.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I once saw a pack of wild dogs take over and successfully manage a Wendy's!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Look, Liz Lemon. I know your feelings are hurt. But parties are like frisbees. If you throw them the wrong way, they'll veer off in a bad direction. And then your kid will fall into a quarry.

Don't throw a party for vengeance. It will turn on you. Like your wife, after your kid has fallen into a quarry.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

All the street names were great: Lieutenant Uhura Avenue, corner of Malcolm X and Guy Who Shot Malcolm X Blvd

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I... am a protein. All living organisms need me to function. A basic building block of the human body, I'm made from amino acids found in ribosomes. Proteins give energy to everything from flower and butterflies to heroes who turn in Communists. I am a protein.

(I legit get teary eyed every time I watch this episode. Alec Baldwin is a great actor/accidental murderer)

Crutch
Apr 22, 2010
BOOM BOOM BOOM Are we paying the price for our hubris of science?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

There they are, the Six Sigmas themselves!
They're dudes?
Each of them embodies a pillar of the Six Sigma business philosophy: Teamwork, Insight, Brutality, Male Enhancement, Hand-Shakefulness, and Play Hard.

My father worked for GE (a Six Sigma Black Belt no less) and that episode especially would get him howling. There were a lot of very very inside jokes about their corporate structure.

Crutch
Apr 22, 2010
You're going to sue me? Who do you think you are, the San Diego zoo?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I finally understand the ending of The Sixth Sense. Those names are the people who worked on the movie!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Randy's gay everyone! He's gay!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

There they are, the Six Sigmas themselves!
They're dudes?
Each of them embodies a pillar of the Six Sigma business philosophy: Teamwork, Insight, Brutality, Male Enhancement, Hand-Shakefulness, and Play Hard.

My father worked for GE (a Six Sigma Black Belt no less) and that episode especially would get him howling. There were a lot of very very inside jokes about their corporate structure.

holy lmaoly i never actually thought to look it up thinking it was just nonsense but the six sigmas is a real thing

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Well, let's be precise: it is nonsense, but it's also real.

Anyway, not a quote but the recurring bit where Cerie assumes Liz is a bitter divorcee fighting for custody of her kids has me in hysterics every time.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Wanting to be with a woman? How gay is that? You win sex against a man. That’s as straight as it gets.

If you wanted to do something private with another man, it wasn't gay. It was just two men, celebrating each other's strength.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Sash! posted:

If you wanted to do something private with another man, it wasn't gay. It was just two men, celebrating each other's strength.

Okay, now the crab is getting aroused. Shut it down.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Only Kindness posted:

Well, let's be precise: it is nonsense, but it's also real.

Yeah, there is something called Six Sigma...but there certainly aren't actual PEOPLE called "The Sigmas" and the items Jack listed aren't the actual Six Sigma Pillars. There are no Pillars to Six Sigma, but there are Steps!

Of which there are 5.

I wish I was joking.

The "Six" in "Six Sigma" refers to the total number of deviations above the mean you are aiming to achieve...or something

I think my reply here would earn me a good job spanking from Professor Widmer.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 9, 2023

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Okay, so are you not doing quotes now? Because that suit was made special! FOR YOUR WEIRD BODY!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
THE G TRAIN NERMAL

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Cerie, you need to wear a bra.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
oh no, I don't actually, they kinda just stay up on their own

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I didn't mean to steal your thunder.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ham.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

The "Six" in "Six Sigma" refers to the total number of deviations above the mean you are aiming to achieve...or something

Six Sigma: you don't have to be perfect all the time, just 999,995.6 times out of a million. This of course makes sense for engineering, but is complete nonsense when GE tried to apply it to film production, where problems include actors locking themselves in their dressing rooms and building fart machines.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

i知 gonna cut up your face so bad you値l have a chin.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Inferior posted:

i知 gonna cut up your face so bad you値l have a chin.

Hello, I'm Nazi doctor Leo Spaceman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

They made me go on Charlie Rose, Kenneth! Charlie Rose.