Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

arsenicCatnip posted:

Seraph or Haunted I'd say. Strongest stories and great l00t

Cool. I was thinking Seraph. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Seraph has my favourite loots of the four seasons for sure. I love Haunted and Risen loots, but Seraph is definitely what I'd go for too.

If you have time to focus anything after Seraph then I'd grab the following from Haunted:
CALUS Mini-Tool
Tears of Contrition

And from Risen:
Piece of Mind
Explosive Personality (wave frame)

But that's my personal take. If you don't have the time or want, don't bother. Honestly I feel like after the first season of Light Fall I'm gonna be sharded most of the craftable guns because I only use like maybe two or three from each season at best. Seraph is the best for this imo because all of them appeal to me in terms of feel goodness.

Honestly in this game if you aren't using it, shard it. Set your own limit (number of kills, level, whatever) and if things don't qualify after a certain amount of seasons, nuke em. There's too much loot in this game to get bogged down in what *might* be good, later, maybe.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

my favorite patterns from the past seasons have been

• Risen: Piece of Mind (Kinetic Rapid Fire Pulse Rifle)
  • Risen: Explosive Personality (Solar Wave Grenade Launcher)
  • Risen: Under Your Skin (Void Precision Bow)
  • Haunted: Hollow Denial (Void Trace Rifle)
  • Haunted: Drang (Baroque) (Solar Adaptive Sidearm)
  • Haunted: CALUS Mini-Tool (Solar Lightweight SMG)
  • Plunder: Brigand's Law (Arc Rapid Fire Sidearm)
  • Seraph: Disparity (Stasis Aggressive Pulse Rifle)
  • Seraph: Path of Least Resistance (Arc Trace Rifle)
  • Seraph: Fire and Forget (Stasis Aggressive Linear Fusion)
  • Seraph: IKELOS_SMG_V1.0.3 (Arc Aggressive SMG)
  • Seraph: IKELOS_SG_V1.0.3 (Solar Rapid Fire Shotgun)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If you're blazing through seasonal content, try and rush the upgrades at the helm to get to the one that says your first focus per week at the helm will have deepsight. They patched it so it's one a day, not one a week, so you can probably still get each of the glaives, if nothing else.

Austringer from Haunted is a great 140 hand cannon obviously, but Sweet Sorrow from Risen looks good if nothing else for the Land Tank intrinsic stacking with Amplified.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 10, 2023

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Thanks very much everyone. That’s very helpful!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

really can't recommend Under Your Skin enough since it's a Precision Bow that you can force Draw Time string/MW/perks on to make it just as fast as a Lightweight while dealing superior base damage

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

If the light falls does it bounce

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

RocketRaygun posted:

NEW FEATURES IN LIGHTFALL
In-game LFG System
Destiny 2 now has a modern Looking For Group system, so you can find groups to do the various non-matchmade activities. The Goon discords aren't going anywhere though!

This is not debuting with Lightfall, most likely not coming until season 22.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

really can't recommend Under Your Skin enough since it's a Precision Bow that you can force Draw Time string/MW/perks on to make it just as fast as a Lightweight while dealing superior base damage

Just want to second this, the bow is awesome.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Insert 'hold my beer' joke here

https://www.eurogamer.net/the-division-2-fix-broke-the-game-so-hard-ubisoft-cant-update-it

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kith posted:

my favorite patterns from the past seasons have been

• Risen: Piece of Mind (Kinetic Rapid Fire Pulse Rifle)
  • Risen: Explosive Personality (Solar Wave Grenade Launcher)
  • Risen: Under Your Skin (Void Precision Bow)
  • Haunted: Hollow Denial (Void Trace Rifle)
  • Haunted: Drang (Baroque) (Solar Adaptive Sidearm)
  • Haunted: CALUS Mini-Tool (Solar Lightweight SMG)
  • Plunder: Brigand's Law (Arc Rapid Fire Sidearm)
  • Seraph: Disparity (Stasis Aggressive Pulse Rifle)
  • Seraph: Path of Least Resistance (Arc Trace Rifle)
  • Seraph: Fire and Forget (Stasis Aggressive Linear Fusion)
  • Seraph: IKELOS_SMG_V1.0.3 (Arc Aggressive SMG)
  • Seraph: IKELOS_SG_V1.0.3 (Solar Rapid Fire Shotgun)
Good list. If you play warlock I'd toss Bump in the Night from Haunted - it's an Stasis RL you can put chill clip and demolitionist on.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
Still has the new thread smell.

Under you skin is cool, it also represents the only non-exotic void bow that can be acquired, and has the classic Tempo/Explosive combo. Tempo/Warm Up gives it a very zippy draw time. It also has Adaptive Munitions, but that is getting pseudo-nerfed so YMMV.

Edit: Tripwire Canary, the arc lightweight craftable bow from this Season (Seraph) can also get Tempo/Warm Up, which I believe would stack with Veist Stinger. Although you could also craft Tempo/Frenzy for a very reliable bow. Maybe someday we'll get a craftable solar bow, as currently Strident Whistle (random vanguard drop) is the only readily-available choice.

Just to poo poo out some quick bow basics, here's how it goes:
Lightweight frame bows usually have relatively quick drawtimes and generous aim assist, but have limited range (so the aim assistance and damage falls off pretty quick)and less accuracy (accuracy and aim assistance interact in funny ways sometimes, but to boil it down lightweight frames, in my experience, have their accuracy penalties pretty well nullified by strong AA if your target is within ~20 meters).
Precision frame bows have relatively slower drawtimes and less aim assistance, but have strong range and better accuracy. They also hit a little bit harder.

Bows do generally pretty good damage compared to other primary ammo weapons, but will struggle with groups of enemies or those right up in your face or in need of a quick burn. On the flipside they don't invite moments of reload panic, so your damage output will generally be more consistent than with a scout or pulse (lots of nuance here, so please don't murder me in replies folks). Perks like Archer's Tempo and Explosive Head are my favorite to have, since Tempo lets you shoot faster and Explosive gives a slight damage buff that doesn't fall off over range and also gives a touch of AOE (you /will/ notice this when using bows in most content).

Forward_Bee fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Feb 10, 2023

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Oxyclean posted:

Good list. If you play warlock I'd toss Bump in the Night from Haunted - it's an Stasis RL you can put chill clip and demolitionist on.

I gotta make one for my lock, sounds like a great combo.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Silly question maybe, but like...how am I supposed to play with a sidearm? Hip fire up close and click the fire button like an addict slamming the morphine button?

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Lib and let die posted:

Silly question maybe, but like...how am I supposed to play with a sidearm? Hip fire up close and click the fire button like an addict slamming the morphine button?

Turn on the full auto toggle in gameplay settings, save your mouse and index finger. A great buff to sidearms.

You can ofc hipfire sidearms, but you'll likely want to ADS for accuracy and range purposes. Since they usually have pretty strong handling, you can whip out a sidearm and ADS with it pretty quick, and the limited zoom factor means you won't be tunnel visioned too hard when doing so.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Forward_Bee posted:

Turn on the full auto toggle in gameplay settings,

Oh dear God what other qol improvements on PC am I not aware of having played on PS4 for like 5 years of D2

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Mesadoram posted:

I gotta make one for my lock, sounds like a great combo.

Fire and Forget (Linear Fusion from this season) can also get chill clip, and will have better ammo economy than a rocket, in case chill clip is what you're looking for. Deliverance (craftable stasis fusion rifle from Vow of the Disciple Raid) can also rock compulsive reloader/chill clip, so you get those zippy reloads for the first 4 shots.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Lib and let die posted:

Oh dear God what other qol improvements on PC am I not aware of having played on PS4 for like 5 years of D2

Random and brutal lag in certain areas of the game, though I think that probably happens on console, too.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Also the button to rev Lament just shows as <?> in the item overview and I have no idea what binding it relates to lmao

My console brain is in remission but it's still a long road :(

Lib and let die fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 10, 2023

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
(Likely) final post of my streak for any New Lights / Returning players looking to get things put together before this expansion ends:

If you don't have the time or opportunity to grab a Hung Jury from the Nightfalls this season, Tears of Contrition is a viable alternative, and can be crafted from Haunted (Leviathan). It also has the absolute meme combo of triple tap and fourth time's the charm, but I personally recommend triple tap / explosive.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Lib and let die posted:

Also the button to rev Lament just shows as <?> in the item overview and I have no idea what binding it relates to lmao

My console brain is in remission but it's still a long road :(

It'll be your "block" hotkey in settings. The default is something like C or V, but I've been using Left Alt so long I can't remember.

You probably know from console experience, but I believe the best Lament combo string is still 3 light into heavy, light until charged, 3 light into heavy.

Edit: post below refines that advice.

Forward_Bee fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 10, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Technically you don't need a full heavy charge for the combo, just enough that there's a sliver left for the finishing swing, so I think it's [block] 3 light 1 heavy [unblock] 2 light repeat

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Forward_Bee posted:

It'll be your "block" hotkey in settings. The default is something like C or V, but I've been using Left Alt so long I can't remember.

You probably know from console experience, but I believe the best Lament combo string is still 3 light into heavy, light until charged, 3 light into heavy.

Edit: post below refines that advice.

i just finished the questline yesterday

go on, point and laugh

(and thanks!)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bobby Deluxe posted:

With a new thread we risk losing forever the old lore. Dahbadu, his wife coding.

They're busy coding the final shape

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Forward_Bee posted:

Deliverance (craftable stasis fusion rifle from Vow of the Disciple Raid) can also rock compulsive reloader/chill clip, so you get those zippy reloads for the first 4 shots.

Riptide is another stasis fusion that can roll CR/CC and you can focus Shaxxagrams for it right now if you can’t/don’t want to raid.

It’s not farmable at all (world drop), but keep an eye out for a Reconstruction/Chill Clip Aurvandil. You can get up to nine chill clip shots in there, it’s loving stupid. Only downside is it’s a high impact so the charge time is almost a full second.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Riptide is another stasis fusion that can roll CR/CC and you can focus Shaxxagrams for it right now if you can’t/don’t want to raid.

It’s not farmable at all (world drop), but keep an eye out for a Reconstruction/Chill Clip Aurvandil. You can get up to nine chill clip shots in there, it’s loving stupid. Only downside is it’s a high impact so the charge time is almost a full second.

I have a recon / chill aurvandil, a demo / chill adept deliverance and an ALH / chill riptide

Riptide is the only one I use, the name of the game is two shots on target to freeze, so no need to use anything but the quickest. I’m keeping the other two just in case they gently caress with stuff in lightfall in a way they haven’t intimated

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Lib and let die posted:

if you can get hipfire grip on it, it's extremely valid to never ADS (especially if you have enhanced hipfire grip). it's usually best practice to ADS most guns though, especially since it keeps you in habit for guns that it matters on

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Aqua Dracula posted:

Why even advertise it if it isn't coming until 2024??

How is it that loving hard to make?? Why even bother of is at the end of Destinys life cycle. Jesus Christ

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Forward_Bee posted:

If you don't have the time or opportunity to grab a Hung Jury from the Nightfalls this season

I was working under the impression that Hung Jury will still be on the Nightfall rotation next season, which was the entire basis of my "Don't Bother Doing Nightfalls Until Wendigo Week" strategy. I have two older adept Hung Juries that I really like already, and while I wouldn't say no to an origin perk... I would otherwise just be going for the same rolls I already have? (subsistence/explosive payload and rapid hit/box breathing)

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Roctavian posted:

I was working under the impression that Hung Jury will still be on the Nightfall rotation next season, which was the entire basis of my "Don't Bother Doing Nightfalls Until Wendigo Week" strategy. I have two older adept Hung Juries that I really like already, and while I wouldn't say no to an origin perk... I would otherwise just be going for the same rolls I already have? (subsistence/explosive payload and rapid hit/box breathing)

Good roll. Having Stunning Recovery would be a decent value add, especially if you rock it in NF's. I have a RH/Adagio myself, which is ~okay. You don't really notice the adagio fire rate dip with it, but you do notice the damage increase.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/haykebyr/status/1624101675161071631?s=46&t=IXBxlMvorjCpCgNd0LND_g

(also buy Xur’s Hollow Words, UP/Vorpal is a great roll on fusions)

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Roctavian posted:

I was in the same boat but went into the mines for a bit because the origin traits are just so good. For pve the nightfall perk is amazing since it's a premier champion gun, and for pvp omolon has amazing synergy with the box breathing play style.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

PERMACAV 50 posted:

[
(also buy Xur’s Hollow Words, UP/Vorpal is a great roll on fusions)

What's the charge time on that sucker? Mostly an academic questions, since I doubt it would ever be able to replace my Ad.Junkie/UP Plug.One (it's even adept!)

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Panderfringe posted:

Why even advertise it if it isn't coming until 2024??

How is it that loving hard to make?? Why even bother of is at the end of Destinys life cycle. Jesus Christ

Season 22 will be this fall. They said they hope to have it launched along with whatever reprised raid is coming that season.

As for why its so hard to make, just take a look at this leaked budget:

Bungie posted:

Gambit $200
Server Stability $150
Eververse $800
Titan Melee Roaming Super $3,600
LFG$150
someone who is good at the game dev please help me budget this. my game is dying

Aqua Dracula fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 10, 2023

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Such a bitch move to have Horror’s Least only available in Nightfalls for 10 days and then vault it.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Forward_Bee posted:

What's the charge time on that sucker? Mostly an academic questions, since I doubt it would ever be able to replace my Ad.Junkie/UP Plug.One (it's even adept!)

776, 7 in the mag

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
In-game LFG coming at the same time as crota's end.. sounds like the timeline trying to correct itself

Pirate Jet posted:

Such a bitch move to have Horror’s Least only available in Nightfalls for 10 days and then vault it.

Wasn't it available for three seasons in a row? And won't you be able to Legacy focus it next season?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Geeze, I knew they handed the game maintenance to the D team but this is spectacular in its level of failure.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Aqua Dracula posted:

argh. what a dumb thing. I've corrected the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

In-game LFG coming at the same time as crota's end.. sounds like the timeline trying to correct itself

Wasn't it available for three seasons in a row? And won't you be able to Legacy focus it next season?

Okay, so my bad, it was introduced in Haunted not Plunder. But the first week it was available it was only up for two days and then Bungie pulled it and replaced it with Mindbender’s because there was some bug with it (I think it wasn’t dropping with alternate perk combos in columns three and four.) Then it had a single week each in Plunder and Seraph and now it’s going away, and you can legacy focus it, but not the adept version.