Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
I guess we would conga line it again lol? Hunchback behind the Victor. Blackjack could walk to 0504 and flip its arms, but that exposes its back armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

note that enemy HBK has an ac/10 not /20

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Here's my take. I might have some numbers off, correct me if I'm wrong.

VTR - Jump to 1107. As you noted, you're hitting at 8s walk (0805) or jump, but jumping close gives you better defense (6 & 8s vs 8 & 8s) , so do that. Just do the AC and an SRM, toss in the ML if you want, but it means running cooler next turn. If you want to cool, 1010/1110 would probably be your next turn's safe space from 1107

HBK - Backup to 1302, end facing South. Our SW alley will be a danger zone next turn with the Hetz, so prepare to run South afterwards. The various units at range won't be as scary as that Hetz. You're also rolling for 8s, but might as well go all in and "cool off" next turn but only firing 6/8 ML.

WVE - You're in a bad spot. I'd probably run to 0705 at the crossroads. This will deny that space to the enemy next turn and you can hop to pursuit/safety anywhere as needed. Hit with the LL and it's your call on the LRM as it's 8 To-Hit but would push your heat to +3.

BJ - I'll walk up to 0906 and fire 2LL and ML for 6s and 8, cool off next turn.

Having the VTR occupy 1107 prevents the enemy HBK from entering the city. Myself clogging 0906 prevents the Firestarter from an easy ground movement, forcing a jump to be useful next turn. The WVE blocking 0705 prevents any enemies of using it next round. The only downside is our HBK becomes left outside the city block next turn unless they want to tangle with the Hetz face to face. If the Hetz doesn't push, then we just reform back in our current alley, but I doubt it won't push forward.

Edit - Our HBK walk to 0805 might be a better option, could make it to 0907 or 0604 next turn to be safe from the Hetz, but 0604 may leave the back open, but it might not matter. This really needs someone to occupy 0705 to work else the Bulldog or FS9 can take it next turn.

Amechwarrior fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 15, 2024

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Amechwarrior posted:

Edit - Our HBK walk to 0805 might be a better option, could make it to 0907 or 0604 next turn to be safe from the Hetz, but 0604 may leave the back open, but it might not matter. This really needs someone to occupy 0705 to work else the Bulldog or FS9 can take it next turn.

someone will need to cover 0804 or the fs9 can light my rear end on fire

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

someone will need to cover 0804 or the fs9 can light my rear end on fire

I think you're forgetting we get to move one more time after, then the shooting starts. Once we submit this move + fire, the FS9 moves, then we move and fire again. If it takes 0804 next turn and the Hetz is threatening the alleyway we're in now, you'd be in 0805 and could walk to 0906 or further down that road, just I think 0907 would be in LOS to the FS9. You'd still be safe from the Hetz.

One thing I'm starting to grasp is due to us moving and firing together after the OPFOR, we can literally clog some alleyways/crossroads from ground based movement. Forcing them to jump for limited hit chances and heat capacity and even just to get LOS to a prime target.

We can block spaces like 0705, fire, then the enemy Mechs can't move through that space to follow us down a different alleyway. Then we get to move out of that critical space and fire. Like if the VTR takes 1107, the enemy HBK is basically closed off from the city block for the next turn.

Amechwarrior fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jan 15, 2024

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh yeah good point.

I think I'll head to 0805 then, that gets better shots and doesn't leave me exposed to incidental fire

lol chess notation 4P to 0805

e: submitted

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 15, 2024

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Submitted for walking to 0906, firing 2 LL + 1 ML at the HBK.

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
Submitted to jump to close range and fire the AC and SRM

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Question: does the skid check apply to any point in your running movement or just after you used your walking MP?

Not that it matter in this case, but I`m curious.

Submitting...

e: submitted. also firing the LRM because I don't fully trust the 9 on the LL...

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 15, 2024

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Space Kablooey posted:

Question: does the skid check apply to any point in your running movement or just after you used your walking MP?

Not that it matter in this case, but I`m curious.

Submitting...

Skid checks happen if you turn after using running MP on pavement. Turning while walking is fine - the Wolverine did so on Turn 1 without issue. Running in a straight line is also fine. Turning multiple times also triggers multiple checks - the Hunchback turned twice in Turn 1 while using running MP, so had to make two separate piloting checks.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Thanks!

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Here's a fuller explanation from page 62 of Total Warfare:

No one has failed a test so far, but given the amount of pavement it's only a matter of time before someone embeds themselves into a building.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Statistically, skidding is mostly only a danger to units with high ground speeds making turns late in their movement. If you turn early and run the straightest line possible, chances are pretty good you'll never see a skid.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Yeah, you're stuck off the side of road there. So your two options are either jump and have a bad time trying to hit anything, or take relatively low risk skid checks to get shots off with better odds and a lower heat burden.

In general, we want to remain on hexes that align with the straightaways to minimize our skid rolls. That is unless you're planning on jumping out next turn.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Cityscape_[9994]: Turn 3

A dull thud echoed through the city block as Roger’s Victor dropped out of the sky. Its feet crushed huge divots into the pristine tarmac, and a shrill wailing noise filled the air as the shock of the landing triggered nearby car alarms. Roger’s brow creased in discomfort as his pod wrenched itself downwards, simulating the shock of the impact. The Victor was one of the rare few Assault Mechs to mount jump jets, but while they greatly enhanced the mech’s mobility the machine’s size and weight made the landings distinctly uncomfortable.

As Roger straightened his Victor up his sensor readout pinged, and half a heartbeat later Cosette’s Hunchback lumbered around the corner directly ahead. The Fusilier mech pivoted, bringing the barrel of its AC/10 parallel with the road, but Roger was faster. A leonine roar echoed down the street as the Victor’s Pontiac 100 AC/20 dispensed a lethal hail of high-calibre rounds. Sparks flew as the storm engulfed the Hunchback, knocking it back on its heels and ripping a gaping hole in its right flank. To her credit, Cosette remained standing and even returned fire, but Roger was ready for that too and managed to take her autocannon slug on his left arm rather than the chest.

“Nice shot, sir!” Archibald cried. Windows shattered and concrete blackened as the rest of Sterling lance poured fire down the street. Badly damaged and facing overwhelming odds, Cosette chose discretion over valour and ducked away, dashing out of sight along the central boulevard.

“Tough luck, Cosette,” Roger chuckled as he watched her go. “You’ll have to be quicker than that if you want to catch me out.” It was only partly bravado. Urban combat was a miserable experience, something that Roger’s old instructor had described as being like navigating an obstacle course with your legs shackled together while a platoon of invisible monkeys flung handfuls of poo poo at you. Danger lurked behind every corner, down every street and inside every building. Sensors often struggled to penetrate large structures, so opposing forces often wound up unexpectedly blundering into one another. When such stand-offs occurred, whoever was quicker on the draw nearly always triumphed.

Wyvern WVE-6N (Player) turned while running on pavement (Hex 1002); must pass a piloting test to avoid skidding out of control! Needs 4, rolls 10: Succeeds!

Wyvern WVE-6N (Player) turned while running on pavement (Hex 1003); must pass a piloting test to avoid skidding out of control! Needs 4, rolls 6: Succeeds!

Weapons fire for Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Large Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 10: Hits Centre Torso! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 8 damage to Centre Torso, 18/26 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 6: Misses!

Weapons fire for Victor VTR-9B (Player):
-Fires AC/20 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 10: Hits Right Torso! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 20 damage to Right Torso, 0/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires SRM-4 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 8: 3 Missiles Hit! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 2 damage to Centre Torso (16/26 Armour remaining), Left Torso (18/20 Armour remaining) and Left Arm (14/16 Armour remaining).

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4P (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 9: Hits Centre Torso! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso, 11/26 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 9: Hits Left Arm! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Left Arm, 9/16 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 4: Misses!

Weapons fire for Wyvern WVE-6N (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 9, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires LRM-10 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 9: 6 Missiles Hit! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Right Torso (7/12 Structure remaining (Critical Chance!)) and 1 damage to Left Leg (19/20 Armour remaining).
--Critical Chance in Right Torso! No Critical Hits sustained.

--

Weapons fire for Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Firestarter FS9-A (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers):
-Fires AC/10 at Victor VTR-9B (Player); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits Left Arm! Victor VTR-9B (Player) takes 10 damage to Left Arm, 5/15 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Victor VTR-9B (Player); needs 8, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Victor VTR-9B (Player); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits Right Torso! Victor VTR-9B (Player) takes 5 damage to Right Torso, 15/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Victor VTR-9B (Player); needs 8, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Victor VTR-9B (Player); needs 8, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Small Laser at Victor VTR-9B (Player); needs 10, rolls 5: Misses!

Weapons fire for Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6D (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Goblin (SRM) (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Vedette (Standard) (Fusiliers):
-Fires AC/5 at Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player); needs 8, rolls 11: Hits Left Torso! Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player) takes 5 damage to Left Torso, 9/14 Armour remaining.

No melee attacks this turn!

Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player) gains 20 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 3 heat.

Hunchback HBK-4P (Player) gains 22 heat, sinks 23 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Victor VTR-9B (Player) gains 14 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 1 heat.

Wyvern WVE-6N (Player) gains 14 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 2 heat.

--

Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers) gains 1 heat, sinks 1 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Firestarter FS9-A (Fusiliers) gains 5 heat, sinks 5 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) gains 18 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 5 heat. Overheating!

Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers) gains 1 heat, sinks 1 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Wolverine WVR-6D (Fusiliers) gains 1 heat, sinks 1 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Piloting checks for Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers):
-Took 20+ damage this turn: Needs 6, rolls 12: Succeeds!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Dodge: Enables the pilot to make a dodge manoeuvre instead of a physical attack, inflicting a +2 accuracy penalty against enemy physical attacks during the melee phase.
-Evasive Action: By forfeiting the right to fire during the shooting phase, the pilot gains the ability to move evasively, inflicting an additional +1 penalty against incoming weapons fire and physical attacks. The unit must use its Running MP, have undamaged hips, and will gain an extra +2 heat at the end of the round.
-Hopping Jack: Pilot suffers a +2 penalty when firing after jumping instead of +3.
-Multi-Tasker: When splitting fire between multiple targets, secondary targeting penalties are reduced by 1.
-Rangemaster: Range modifiers for long and short range are switched.
-Toughness: Grants bonus to consciousness rolls.

Relevant Design Quirks:
-Battle Fists: The mech receives a -1 accuracy bonus when punching.
-Cramped Cockpit: The pilot suffers a +1 penalty on piloting rolls.
-Extended Torso Twist: The mech can twist its torso one hex further than usual.
-Narrow Profile: The mech takes less damage from incoming weapons fire if the margin of success is +1 or lower. Direct fire weapons deal half damage, while cluster attacks receive a -4 penalty when determining the number of hits.
-Poor Workmanship: The unit takes a +1 penalty on critical rolls.

--

Primary Objectives:
-Eliminate enemy commander (Etienne Decimis) (0/1)
-Destroy at least four Fusilier battlemechs (0/4)

Secondary Objectives:
-Destroy the statue of Marquis Rousseau Decimis (Hex 1619) (50,000 C-Bill reward)
-Destroy City Militia base (All single hex buildings in the city block with the northernmost hex of 0208) (100,000 C-Bill reward)
-Destroy Militia Fuel Depot (150,000 C-Bill reward)

--

Next Orders Due: Saturday 20th 9:00PM GMT.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

How did the crit roll for the HBK-4H go?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

anakha posted:

How did the crit roll for the HBK-4H go?

You mean this one?

Scintilla posted:

Weapons fire for Wyvern WVE-6N (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 9, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires LRM-10 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 9: 6 Missiles Hit! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Right Torso (7/12 Structure remaining (Critical Chance!)) and 1 damage to Left Leg (19/20 Armour remaining).
--Critical Chance in Right Torso! No Critical Hits sustained.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I'm blind then lol. Skipped right past that line of text.

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
DFA the Firestarter? Lol

Realistically, the Blackjack can jump in for back shots on the Firestarter, though it will probably overheat next turn bc of the rear facing flamer. Edit: can the hetzer shoot it from that spot? Wyvern can just stand over the Bulldog and shoot at the buildings. Hunchback and Victor are a bit trickier.

Otter Madness fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 17, 2024

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Otter Madness posted:

DFA the Firestarter? Lol

Realistically, the Blackjack can jump in for back shots on the Firestarter, though it will probably overheat next turn bc of the rear facing flamer. Edit: can the hetzer shoot it from that spot? Wyvern can just stand over the Bulldog and shoot at the buildings. Hunchback and Victor are a bit trickier.

I believe the hetz is covering that fs9 butt hex, yeah

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
For some reason I thought vehicles front arcs were different.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

I'm not going to post my play-by-play yet. I want to see what everyone else comes up with. But here's my analysis on our potential targets this turn.

WVR - It's on the building with 90CF, it weighs 55t. So if we want to collapse the building, we'd need to pour at least 36 damage (corrected, thanks Gnoman) into it. The building has a -4 To-Hit. Scintilla, how much damage rolls would that collapse do?

HBK - Its weak rear armor is exposed to us. But we'd have to exit the city block and face the fires of the others. That WVR isn't too much of a threat as long as we stay out of the AC/10's short range.

Both of these have the downside of leaving the city blocks. This lets the Lance to our left move forward and potentially lock us out of falling back into cover next turn.

Hetzer - Some of us could jump on a building and get behind its front arc, which does protect the stationary FS9. I don't think those that could reach it could cripple it. Just start racking up some damage. We'd have to jump too, so harder rolls. Also, we're now on top of the building.

FS9 - Protected by the Hetz. Don't fall for the trap and don't face this thing face to face.

Bulldog - It's turned it's fresh rear armor to us. We'd need everyone to pile on again to have a shot at taking it out. The "downside" is it's pretty low on the impact compared to some of the other potential targets this turn. However, it would start to free up our maneuvering options inside the city block. If we want to cool off, this is the target.

Amechwarrior fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 17, 2024

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
I can walk to 1307, facing 1406 and Torso twist to alpha the HBK. I would have a decent chance of at least crippling it.

The WVR is shooting on 9 with the AC and 11 with the ML. Will probably have to take and AC 5 hit from the Vedette as well.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Amechwarrior posted:

WVR - It's on the building with 90CF, it weighs 55t. So if we want to collapse the building, we'd need to pour at least 46 damage into it. The building has a -4 To-Hit. Scintilla, how much damage rolls would that collapse do?

If you successfully destroy the hex the Wolverine will take 24 damage from the fall and 1 damage from being hit by debris on the way down.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Amechwarrior posted:

WVR - It's on the building with 90CF, it weighs 55t. So if we want to collapse the building, we'd need to pour at least 46 damage into it. The building has a -4 To-Hit. Scintilla, how much damage rolls would that collapse do?

90-55 is 35, not 45 - you would need to 36 damage to collapse the building if it is one of the 90CF structures.

You would also have a fairly high chance of injuring the Mechwarrior, it would be prone, and facing a random direction. I don't remember if it would move hexes for any reason.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
Isn’t the hetzer facing down the road, and since the gun is in the front of the vehicle it is not covering the firestarter? Also the bulldog looks to be facing away from the players but that’s less of a problem since it is turreted.

Are the vehicles actually being controlled by a bot in megamek? Because the actions this turn are a little screwy.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

everydayfalls posted:

Isn’t the hetzer facing down the road, and since the gun is in the front of the vehicle it is not covering the firestarter? Also the bulldog looks to be facing away from the players but that’s less of a problem since it is turreted.

Are the vehicles actually being controlled by a bot in megamek? Because the actions this turn are a little screwy.

Nah, I'm in control. The names are just a little easter egg for those who have played MegaMek before. There is also method in my madness - the Hetzer's frontal arc is bigger than it might appear, and its AC/20 can just barely cover the street the Firestarter is standing in. The Bulldog's frontal armour is pretty depleted, so I had it turn to present its intact rear instead. Everything but the Machine Gun is turret-mounted, so its facing doesn't really matter when it comes time to attack.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Scintilla posted:

Nah, I'm in control. The names are just a little easter egg for those who have played MegaMek before.

:3:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

My first thought is that we should fight to stay in the city block for now until we start removing enemies from the board.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Can our wve jump over the bulldog and hit it in the front?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The HBK also feels like a trap too...

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

Can our wve jump over the bulldog and hit it in the front?

No I only have 4 jump.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.

Otter Madness posted:

I can walk to 1307, facing 1406 and Torso twist to alpha the HBK. I would have a decent chance of at least crippling it.

The WVR is shooting on 9 with the AC and 11 with the ML. Will probably have to take and AC 5 hit from the Vedette as well.

Dumb question, can you jump to 1305 and give the hunchie a cool kick in the butt while shooting the AC20 and SRM? (Even if it overheats a little)

I'm also wary about the Griffin's long range capabilities with Rangemaster, but I'm not sure if the intervening light woods are enough to block his LOS. I think you'd be just in its LRM range.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Gnoman posted:

90-55 is 35, not 45 - you would need to 36 damage to collapse the building if it is one of the 90CF structures.

You would also have a fairly high chance of injuring the Mechwarrior, it would be prone, and facing a random direction. I don't remember if it would move hexes for any reason.

Thanks for the correction. Also the 24 dmg from the fall would be split up into 5 point chunks like LRM damage. It would also be in the rubble, so getting up might be harder.

everydayfalls posted:

Isn’t the hetzer facing down the road, and since the gun is in the front of the vehicle it is not covering the firestarter?

Vehicles use the same arcs as Mechs, but the turret can move, and is as wide as the front arc. In this case, no turret, so normal front arc of 3 adjacent hexes applies. That is unless there's some optional rules in play, I don't recall those being active.

Otter Madness posted:

But what's your exit plan? The HBK will likely still be mobile. It could move to 1303 and turn around. Then the Hetz can move forward to 0911 and cover that NE alley. The FS9 then takes up position anywhere in the alley we're in now (0906 would cut off your jump options) and you're kinda screwed. We'd be forced to fight out in the central space where the Prince can then move in for the kill.

If you can develop a good exit plan we could pull this off. We could have our HBK run forward and I could jump and we could all throw in on the HBK. But we'd all need a good plan for the turns afterwards. What would that look like?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Amechwarrior posted:

Thanks for the correction. Also the 24 dmg from the fall would be split up into 5 point chunks like LRM damage. It would also be in the rubble, so getting up might be harder.

Vehicles use the same arcs as Mechs, but the turret can move, and is as wide as the front arc. In this case, no turret, so normal front arc of 3 adjacent hexes applies. That is unless there's some optional rules in play, I don't recall those being active.

But what's your exit plan? The HBK will likely still be mobile. It could move to 1303 and turn around. Then the Hetz can move forward to 0911 and cover that NE alley. The FS9 then takes up position anywhere in the alley we're in now (0906 would cut off your jump options) and you're kinda screwed. We'd be forced to fight out in the central space where the Prince can then move in for the kill.

If you can develop a good exit plan we could pull this off. We could have our HBK run forward and I could jump and we could all throw in on the HBK. But we'd all need a good plan for the turns afterwards. What would that look like?

Forwards for me is into a wall, lol

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

Forwards for me is into a wall, lol

I mean in that you can turn and make it to 1308 for all 6 MP. This gives you 9s on the HBK, but for a rear arc after the VTR takes a swing could deal the finishing blows on opened parts.

But again, you're also stuck in the same problem the VTR would be but worse. Where do you go afterwards?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Amechwarrior posted:

I mean in that you can turn and make it to 1308 for all 6 MP. This gives you 9s on the HBK, but for a rear arc after the VTR takes a swing could deal the finishing blows on opened parts.

But again, you're also stuck in the same problem the VTR would be but worse. Where do you go afterwards?

Yeah i don’t like it, especially not without jets. Thinking about putting more fire on the bulldog

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

How does stomping/kicking vehicles work again? The hexes on the Bulldog alley are looking pretty safe (If the FS9 doesn't decide to jump over to it) and I'm thinking of firing the lasers onto it + melee for at least 13 damage (and net +1 heat) if I don't roll poorly.

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
I think if I go after the HBK it should be alone and I should jump and try the kick as well. It has paper thin rear armor and I have a 16dmg kick and an AC20 lol.

Otherwise, I can jump to 1010 to disrupt enemy movement next turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Otter Madness posted:

I think if I go after the HBK it should be alone and I should jump and try the kick as well. It has paper thin rear armor and I have a 16dmg kick and an AC20 lol.

Otherwise, I can jump to 1010 to disrupt enemy movement next turn.

I think your kick would need 8 (5 Pilot Skill -1 Kicking +3 Jumping +1 Target Movement). Upside is if you land it, that's 16 DMG to a leg and they roll to fall. Downside is it's less than 50% to land the hit and then you'll roll to fall if you miss. If you fall, you're going to have a really bad time next turn. We would also be split on supporting you. But from 1305 you will have good options to fall back into the city given you don't fall over.

Going it alone in a city fight is usually not a good idea, double if you're outnumbered. We need to be making them go it alone.

1010 doesn't really get us anything. You're half of our serious firepower in the Lance, we need you in play every round we can safely use you before we get swarmed.

You have another option, one that can get you a 7 To-Hit on a target that would be devastating if we follow up along with you.