Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Bobby Jack - The Barrows

Bobby-Jack stared with his hands in his pockets as Darcy made his way up the statue. Nice moves, no doubt about it, but that meant that he'd likely have to enter the barrows first himself. Especially with the wizard hemming and hawing at the entrance taking... notes? Goddamn wizards.

He sighed.

"Guess I'll take point for now and take a cursory look inside", he nodded at Clove, "Unless you want to go even further in? Wouldn't recommend going too deep unless the grubs jump you, though, and I'll just let you know right now that there's only so much of my own skin I'm willing to sacrifice for any such poor decisions by others. Nothing personal, it's just how I've managed to keep on living as long as I have."

Move: 2W 2S
Action: Search them sarcophagi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS

Camryn rushed toward the two vermik nipping at the sentry spark. It was almost cute they way they were bounding around it, but when it fell in a few seconds the rat things would have a clear path to the unarmored novice. What happened then wouldn't be cute at all. As he moved past, he slashed out at the vermik Jenny was fighting. As he advanced, Camryn sang a snippet of a song,

"Flashed all their blades bare,
Flashed as they turned in air
Slashing the vermik there,"

Please do Camryn's action first as I'm hoping to kill my target and free up Jenny.
move E3
use morale to Fierce Attack (roll 3 dice and use the highest result) with my longsword the vermik fighting Jenny.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 9, 2023

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
===== [ CLEARING THE CISTERNS ] =====

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cast-iron wheel that controls the sluice gate appears to be well maintained. With the sound of chattering gears a sheet of metal that blocks the nearby channel is raised and lowered again without incident. In the few moments where the channel lies open a healthy stream of water flows in from wherever the sluice connects to.

Lightly rusted hinges complain as Xelek swings the eastern door open. The sound echoes through a much larger space on the other side, the far end just barely lightened by the Luminators. A pool of still, dark water occupies most of the area, rippling gently alongside two tiled walkways set over the natural stone basin of the pool.

Xelek's eyes are immediately drawn to a smudge of movement as a long, lizardlike form slips into the water at the far and of the hall.
Another sits exposed on the stone-tiled edge of the pool. Its head turns an inch in the direction of the now-opened door, but it make no other movement.

Creature Lore (7+0)

quote:

Green Monitor
The most common and least deadly of the Monitor varieties, these aggressive beasts live in or around slow-moving or still water sources, often streams. They are adept swimmers, using their long tails to propel themselves through the water considerably more quickly than they can move on land. They are likewise more deadly when attacking from deep or shallow water, and may submerge before surfacing to strike. They subsist on rodents or fish, but will aggressively attack anything entering their territory, often pursuing them for long distances.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Seauffer Leuppah - [ SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS ]

The scintillating sheen of a gifted sword that hadn't yet tasted blood nor the bite of a foe's weapon sparkled in Seauffer Leuppah's mind as she took her first trepid steps inside the second row between the towering grainstalks. Her teammates were just nearby in earshot, she knew, but she felt mildly exposed nonetheless.

First the hissing started - in reaction to Seauffer and her allies drawing near the crop rows - and then the hidden Vermik nearest to them suddenly leapt from their burrows in the cropfields to attack Percival's magical construct somewhere to the north, as if the critters were operating in concert.

A snap-moment of rustling announced a large vermik juvenile's attack incoming as it noisily charged at Seauffer from a patch of grain to her east.

One slick slice later and the venom-chuffing critter had fallen in two to the ground.

The tuk girl glimpsed within the Vermik's baleful eyes at the moment the realization of its imminent death overcame its bestial rage, and part of her felt its existential pain. She froze, momentarily-

Seauffer distinctly heard singing coming from the other side of the wheatstalks...

Camryn Chase posted:

"Flashed all their blades bare,
Flashed as they turned in air
Slashing the vermik there,"
Invigorated, Seauffer responded in kind, her musical talent showing forth:

"Odelay, odelay,
Slashing everywhere!"

The tuk girl Seauffer Leuppah dashed north through the grain, her singing moving along with her through the rustling stalks:

"Snicker-snack, snicker-snack,
do you hear my song...?"

Seauffer:
> Action: Attack NE Vermik with Militia Longsword!: 1d10+2 12 - Nat 10 - Attack Explodes!
>> Attack NE Vermik with Militia Longsword (explosion)!: 1d10+12 17
> Move: 6N, 1E.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 10, 2023

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Clove considered his surroundings, opened his senses to the grim scene around him. He had no special care for the dead, and all of this just seemed... wasteful. Almost offensive to his sensibilities. Better to recover the riches of the fallen and put them back in circulation. To do otherwise invited stagnancy. One of the others caught his attention, and he drew himself away from his darker musings.

BOBBY JACK posted:

"Guess I'll take point for now and take a cursory look inside", he nodded at Clove, "Unless you want to go even further in? Wouldn't recommend going too deep unless the grubs jump you, though, and I'll just let you know right now that there's only so much of my own skin I'm willing to sacrifice for any such poor decisions by others. Nothing personal, it's just how I've managed to keep on living as long as I have."
A slight smile creaked across Clove's face. "No offense taken. It's only sensible. I have no desire to put myself at undue risk either. But neither am I willing to let us get surrounded. I'm going to take a look to the north." And with that, he clapped Bobby on the shoulder and took off on a brisk jog that looped him around the wagon. He drew up beside the Mearys, nodded respectfully, then intoned a quote Rote and flicked a luminous shot into the building to the north. A squeal sounded from the chamber, and Clove's lips pursed in light annoyance. Would have made things easier if it had gone down.

> Move W3N4E2
> Snipe a Grub: 1d10+3 11

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Daeron Stormborne - [Clearing the Cisterns]

"Right, those look like some of the things we're here to deal with."

Daeron scoots past Xelek and looks for monitors closer to the party.

Orders:

Move 1N, 4E if hostile target appears at range, use wand. If hostile target is in melee range use longsword

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
[ ===== TREASURE HUNTING AT THE BARROWS ===== ]

Darcy climbs up the side of the humanoid statue like a wrestler trying to take down a much larger opponent. Stretching out an arm, he manages to grasp the object that is held by the figure's upraised hand. It is stuck fast, but only for a moment as a few powerful tugs break it loose from a badly corroded bracket that affixes it in the statue's palm.

Darcy finds himself holding a clouded white crystal orb the size of a pigeon's egg. It may once have been clear but long exposure to the elements have left a rough, cataract-like film across the top hemisphere. Tiny flecks and strands of gold appear to be embedded within it, and peering closely at them you can see tiny filaments that seem to arranged in patterns meant to channel magical energies, similar to rotes. (Arcane Lore (8+0 vs 12)) Nobody seems to know what it could be used for, however.

"What'd ya get?" Emelle slides over to the near side of the wagon and leans over to see. "Oh, some kind of geegaw.. Remember we share everything we find, or at least a cut of the price, once it's been tallied. Hold onto it for now but make sure it gets put in the pot later."

Gharoch crouches down behind a sarcophagus and observes the grubs intently, carefully committing the details to memory so they can be transcribed later. The Insects undulate in a strange and unsettling fashion and seem unaware of the presence of intruders. Gharoch watches as one gnaws at a strip of moss, scraping it clean off of the stone and leaving only a damp trail behind.

Bobby-jack's brief search of the vaults reveals that their lids have been smashed open dozens if not hundreds of years ago, and are filled only with rubble and a few inches of algae-tinged rainwater from a recent storm. It seems likely that all the rest of the opened sarcophagi are similarly pilfered.

On the other side of the wagon a sudden burst of air blows a torrent of leaves and mulch from the inside of a mausoleum as Clove's galeshot is released. The target, though seriously wounded, moves with surprising speed and snaps at the rootkith with needle-sharp mandibles, though the life already seems to be fading from it.

"Appreciate that," Emelle says drolly. "But I can mind myself. Stick with the others, we don't have too much time to scuffle around." She levels her double crossbow at the grub and sights down the top rail at it.

"Eghh, thats a lot of those crawlers, more than last time.." Mirielle snorts in frustration. "Take 'em if you feel like you need the warmup, just remember they pop when they die, reeks awfully. We want to get into the section on the east." She points. "Gets a bit tight that way, so watch out, don't see yourself into a corner."

Clove ---- Quick Cast: Galeshot
Clove >---> Woodeater Grib (11)(-0 armor)(11 damage)
---------------------------------------------------------
Woodeater Grub >>>> Clove (4)(-0 Armor)(3 damage(Capped))

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Percy Delawney - Scourge of the Pasturelands

Percy hummed along to the impromptu battle chant of his allies as he studied their foes. The tuk fell back slightly and called out his findings.

"The vermik seem fairly frail. A sharp blow to the back of the neck would most expediently dispatch them. But all sorts of traditional bodily harm would work as well."

Move: 1S 2W
Action: Analyze Vermik HP

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Bobby Jack - The Barrows

"Eastern chamber, right then...", Bobby-Jack mumbled in idle affirmation, and carefully crept a bit further into the crypt, aiming at a grub munching at some detritus that he could just about see behind one of the sarcophagi. The line of sight wasn't wholly open, but he still sent a bolt flying, and saw it impact in the creature's back with a meaty, but clearly nonlethal thud.

Move: 2E 1S
Action: Shoot Woodeater Grub (2S 2E) with Folding Wristbow: 1d10o10-2 6

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Nell - Clearing the Cisterns

"Fantastic! Everything is in such great shape down here, they're really making things easy for us." Nell continues prattling about how lucky everyone is to be able to work such an important job and how everything is going their way, oblivious to the sighting of the monitor lizards.

She makes her way through the door towards the next sluice control.

Move: S1 E5 S1
Action: attack any adjacent hostile

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
==== [Vermik Trapping For the Arena] ====

Witchlily shoots and then dashes further into the church, moving past a number of beetles to where the burrow tunnel breaches the floor of the church.

"What is Witchii doing?!" Remmvi shrieks in sudden fear and agitation. "Witchii you are going to get bit!!" Her dark eyes widen a half-second later in realization. "Nonono! I was meaning for Vermik to go, not you!" A staccato stream of foreign cursing issues forth from the Tuk. "I never hiss at friends!" She darts forward and plants herself at Witchlily's side, aiming a solid kick at the head of a Digger Beetle as it rounds the pillar while waving her arms to attract the attention of another. Both creatures strike back with their forelegs, driving her back a pace.

"Koriaff can you please be fighting and not sketching!!" The little Tuk wails, "This is being serious!!"

Slid >--> Digger Beetle (2)(+1MA)(-2 Armor)(1 damage)
Witchlily >--> (6)(-2 armor)(4 damage)
Remmvi >>>> Digger Beetle (4)(+0MA)(-2 armor)(2 damage)
Digger Beetle >>>> Korrigath (7)(-0 armor)(4 damage(capped)
Digger Beetle >>>> Remmvi (10)(+3 explosion)(-0 armor)(4 damage(capped))
Digger Beetle >>>> Remmvi (1)(-0 armor)(1 damage)
Digger Beetle >>>> Witchlily (4)(-0 armor)(4 damage)

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Slid Viscous

Move 4S, fire upon beetle 2e, 3n

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Korrigath

"Oh, rest assured this is entirely serious," reassured the Tuur, unfazed by the expected return nip from the beetle. "Itnavatni's faith requires us to be adjacent to the beasts we scribe, even hostile ones, even actively violent ones, and that they be alive when we do. I don't write the tenets of the faith, but I do adhere to them, and I understand my devotion is accordingly elevated."

That said, he neatly closed the sigil-book, lovingly replaced it, and angling his wand using his bulk and mastery of close quarters fighting, blasted his target point blank.

Act: Bzowt wand at beetle NW (Hand to hand to avoid AoO)
Move: 2W

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 11, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

"'Ere! Startin' the party without me? Alright let's got to stomping out the pests." Nudging past the other two delvers at the entrance of the barrow with a 'Scuse me' on the way, Darcy ran up to the bug that had been stuck by Bobby's arrow and gave it a good solid kick, splattering it up against the wall of the barrow.

"Blergh! Stinks like a midden ridden latrine."

Move: Move 1S, 1W, 1S, 1E, 3S, 1E
Order: Putting a boot into the damaged Woodeater Grub. 1d10o10+1 = 8

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Stepping back in light irritation as the Grub's jaws snicked neatly through his padded trousers, Clove was significantly more nonplussed to see that the sarcophagi to the north were thoroughly already-looted. Kicking the thing away, he cast an eye back at their clients.

quote:

"Appreciate that," Emelle says drolly. "But I can mind myself. Stick with the others, we don't have too much time to scuffle around."
The rootkith said nothing in response, but cast a baleful look back and forth between the woman's crossbow and the still-wriggling grub as he made his way back towards the others to report his findings.

As a professional courtesy, he spared Emelle the ammo and ended the thing there on the dusty grass.

> Move 3E4S
> Snipe A Grub: 1d10+1 [b]10

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Gharoch the Volatile posted:

[020$][20/20HP][03/03MP][MOVE:07]
[00ATK][00DEF][00VIT][00MEC][01MAG]
[0MA][0RA][0Armor][01Rec][01Inf][01Res][01Morale]

Dungeon Fauna Documentary posted:

The Insects undulate in a strange and unsettling fashion and seem unaware of the presence of intruders.
Gharoch watches as one gnaws at a strip of moss, scraping it clean off of the stone and leaving only a damp trail behind.
"Fascinating stuff."
"bozz"
"gangs movin without ya"
"Oh, right, right. I'll be on my way then."

Move: 1E 2S

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

Clearing the cisterns

Move 1N 5E
Crossbow shot at any revealed hostile in range: 1d10+1 6

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Ruined Temple, Inside
Mission Theme

There is pain and surprise, neither from the same source. A look of bafflement passes her features at Remmvi's self-correction and joining of a forward foray.

"Friends? Ah," she sighs as words sink in, and feels stupid. Exposed. A bolt from her belt is removed and the crossbow's string rewound - a maneuver made complex from dancing between the mandibles of the den-tryway beetle and stopping to half pat, half pull Remmvi on the shoulder in passing. To indicate a retreat - and no harm done. Her new Tuk friend is small, and worse for wear thanks to her. If there are feelings she wants them salved, though it can betimes be difficult to find words. Tricky things for her to wrangle - much like those who depend on them from her. She still tries and knows to keep any frown or grimace from her face, whether from pain or awkwardness.

"Not my first being bit or bait. Let's off and help his nibness there... Chitterem."

A nod is given Korrigath and despite the pinched calf she is quick and sure of foot in joining him. The bolt goes where needed. At least there she's done passably well so far.

Move W2, S1, W5
Shoot any still-alive beetle in range: 1d10+1 6

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is little sound other than the peaceful, subtle flowing of water and the lightly echoing footfalls of the group as they move. Despite it's size, the subterranean hall they enter has a low, gently arching ceiling, almost close enough to touch if one were to reach up, and probably close to brushing Xelek's head.

Of the Monitors at the far end of the subterranean hall, neither the two on the tiles shore nor the one floating in the water seem to acknowledge their presence. Somewhere in the middle of the pool a fish flicks its tail and shoots down from the surface, leaving a tiny ripple that spreads out across the water.

Far across the hall and just barely visible in the dim light, a dark blotch can be seen the smooth, stucco-like walls. Difficult to discern at this distance but a spill of natural earth in front makes it seems to be a breach through the wall itself.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Daeron Stormborne - [Clearing the Cisterns]

"I have to admit, the sound and smell of the water is relaxing. Nell, I saw what you did in the other room, why don't you deal with the closer sluice gate, and I'll test this one. "

Daeron doesn't wait for a response, stepping towards the sluice gate, and sliding his wand into his belt.

Orders:

Move 1N. Test Sluice Gate.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"A'right, here we go!"

Swing on the one SE of me; if it's dead, move 2E and swing on the NE one.
Stab a rat: 1d10o10+2 6

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
===== [ SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS ] =====

The fighting in the further-away row of crops comes to an abrupt end as Camryn and Seauffer both strike down their opponents, one with an airy yet precise stab, and the other with a hard, determined strike.

The magical filaments of Percival's sentry spark are ripped apart as a Vermik again leap up to savage the mostly-immaterial construct as it charges itself to attack. As Percy steps back to glean some insight on the creature {Analysis: Vermik HP = 10} it turns in his direction and charges. The beast only makes it a few paces before being intercepted by Seauffer. Her sensitive nose wrinkles at the beast's sepulchural breath as it pulls itself up short, jaws snapping.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Camryn {Fierce attack(2,4,7)}(JdV chance: 10(No morale loss))
Camryn >>>> (7)(+3MA)(-0 armor)(10 damage)(Dies)(+4xp)
Seauffer >>>>(17)(-0 Armor)(17 damage)(Dies)(+4xp)
Silver Jenny >>>> (6)(-0 armor)(6 damage) (moved you an extra square, otherwise you woulda conflicted with cam's position. )
Sentry Spark >--> Vermik
>> Vermik AoO (10)(+2 Explosion)(-0 armor)(4 damage(capped))(dissipates)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Vermik >>>> Camryn (2)(-2 Armor)(1 damage(min))(+1 Toxin)
Vermik >>>> Seauffer (2)(-2 Armor)(1 damage(min)(+1 Toxin)

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

Move 2E

Reach down and test the waters for freshness, as well as dipping the Initiate's Sigil

(Sorry for the basic posts it's been a very taxing couple of days)

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Seauffer Leuppah - [ SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS ]

Hustling through the rustling grainstalks, Seauffer Leuppah was singing as she dashed to the north of the farmland:

"Snicker-snack, snicker-snack,
do you hear my song...?"

She ran past a lane between the crop rows, where she could see the pale Camryn Chase and Silver Jenny engaged with a pair of Vermik, and then she kept dashing north through the grain until she came out on the northern end of the field, where she could see both Percival DeLawney and the stream just nearby.

"Oh! Hello~" Seauffer said to the other tuk, cordially breaking her singing meter, "Just layin' out the land, don't mind me-"

A snarling Vermik charged at Seauffer's heel while she was talking to Percy, giving a nasty nip that caused the squirrelly girl to let out a yelp of shock.

"Youch-iee~!" Seauffer yipped, and she stabbed the offending vermik through the chest with her sword. "You die for that."

"S'posin' I deserved that, fer gettin' all distractified," Seuffer muttered within earshot of Percival, before she started traipsing her way back through the grainstalks to the south.

Seauffer:
> Action: Attack SE Vermik with Militia Longsword!: 1d10+2 10 - Vermik (presumed) slain!
> Move: 5E, 2S.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 13, 2023

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Nell - Clearing the Cisterns

"Daeron, was it? You're such a dear, gotta make sure it works from both sides, after all! Off I go, gyahaha!"

The cisterns echo from Nell's Outdoor Voice.

Move: S2 E5
Action: check this sluice control

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"Obliged," says Jenny to the pale man behind her, giving a careful eye to the one remaining Vermik near her. "Le'me finish this one." Her aim is true, and she continues down the row, trying to stay ahead of the more lightly-armored tuk.

Action: Using Careful Strike for a natural 6 to attack the vermik north of me, for 8 total
Move: 4E

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
[ ===== TREASURE HUNTING AT THE BARROWS ===== ]

The interior of the mausoleum is cool and shady, though slivers of sunlight pierce through thin gaps between the stone ceiling blocks, leaving lines of illumination across the floor.

The first grub is pinioned and then pummeled, and leaves a smear of sickly yellow-green ichor down the wall a moment before it's body bursts in a soft 'pouf' and a billow of spreading, noxious mist.

Nearby insects perk up their stubby antenna, recognizing the presence of interlopers in their grazing space.
They shuffle across the floor and menace Darcy with vertical mouths filled with needlelike teeth.

Further away, other grubs turn their fleshy heads, seeming to notice something is amiss.
A few of them move in the direction of the encroaching party, moving slowly, as if uncertain if a threat really exists.

Outside, Clove's follow-up shot delivers a coup de gras to the already-wounded grub out in the open.
It too bursts into a nauseating cloud with quickly begins dissipating in the open air.

Emelle rests her own weapon back on her hip with a sigh. "Well, you're a spoilsport, but I can't say you're not a good shot," she chuckles.

Bobby-Jack >--> Woodeater Grub (6)(-0 armor)(6 damage)
Darcy >>>> Woodeater Grub (8)(-0 armor)(8 damage)(Dies)(+4 xp)
+Toxic Burst: { Darcy (+3 Toxin) }
Clove >--> (10)(-0 armor)(-2 Obstacle)(8 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
+Toxic Burst: { }
--------------------------------------------------------
Woodeater Grub >>>> Darcy (6)(-1 armor)(3 damage(capped))
Woodeater Grub >>>> Darcy (6)(-1 armor)(3 damage(capped)) (Yes, again)

Gravedust fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 14, 2023

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
==== [Vermik Trapping For the Arena] ====

Boots and paws scuffle across the debris-strewn floor as the group consolidates in a corner near the door. Crossbows thrum and a single wand bolt thumps, and three of the beetles are left slumped on the floor. The remainder continue the pursuit, foreclaws clacking.

Remmvi lets out a shrill, nervous giggle, fitting another bolt to her weapon. "Could be going worse!"

Slid >--> Digger beetle (2)(+1RA)(-2 Armor)(1 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
Korriath ---0 Digger Beetle (4)(+2 Bonus)(-2 Armor)(4 damage)
Witchlily >--> Digger beetle (6)(-2 Armor)(4 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
Remmvi >--> Digger Beetle (7)(+2)(-2 armor)(7 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
Digger Beetle uses Recover and regains 1 HP.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Korrigath

"On the whole, it's going rather well," Commented the bookish Tuur as he snap-shot at the wounded beetle. "Just these last few to annihilate and on to the next phase. Backing up to keep the range on them, I presume?"

Act: Bzowt wand at beetle 3E 1N
Move: 5N

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Gharoch the Volatile posted:

[020$][20/20HP][03/03MP][MOVE:07]
[00ATK][00DEF][00VIT][00MEC][01MAG]
[0MA][0RA][0Armor][01Rec][01Inf][01Res][01Morale]

"best move over bozz, think goggles is eying the bomb"
"Isn't that usually my job?"
"do you have any on you bozz"
"no, no you don't"
"Noted."
"do you remember why that is, bozz"
"Repositioning, best of luck with the gas cloud over there, etc." "bozz" "bozz you didn't forget that, right" "ya killin me here bozz"

Move: 2N 2W 1S
Action: (Use Residuum:Wand):[W.Grub]:[3S 1W]

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

EMELLE posted:

"Well, you're a spoilsport, but I can't say you're not a good shot."
Clove's face crinkles in a rare smile. "Well, the sapling that dallies is left in the dark by its siblings. Best to move with speed and conviction, even when dealing with vermin." To emphasize his point, he snapped out a shot at the nearest grub in sight, striking it off-center of its insectoid faceplate. Determining it to be squirming yet, he loaded another bolt in the same smooth motion.
> Move 1S1W
> Snipe SW Grub: 1d10+1 8

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS

"Good job team! Those Vermik hardly had a chance to react." Camryn hustled ahead, wanting to get full value out of his shield.

E7
"Recover" action to restore 1 HP

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Xelek

Xelek stood, lost in thought, and shook his head. He had been expecting... violence. Like he would throw open the door and be swarmed by foes, lost in the glory of bloodshed. Instead there was... nothing. More cistern. The rustling of a distant monitor--a problem that would need to be dealt with, but hardly a worthy foe. And a blotch on a wall, a faint scent of earth over the sweet smell of fresh water--something had tunneled in. Maybe the monitors. This task was unworthy of a Champion.

Which now meant, of course, it was a task to which he was suited.

"Tunnel." Xelek rumbled. It will need to be sealed."

E4 S3
Pray to Sollos

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Slid Viscous

fire on on any still living foe, then move 3N.

vorebane fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Mar 15, 2023

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Bobby Jack - The Barrows

Bobby-Jack cursed under his breath as the wizard shimmied past him to protect the flank. These things weren't overtly dangerous, but they were clogging their advance something fierce, and Bobby-Jack had never been a fan of being stuck. He reached for his belt where a pair of old but still functional powder bombs were surreptitiously hanging, snapped one off of it, and then flicked safety cap off with a twist.

"Cover your face, scrapper!" he barked, "Lest you think your mug would look better with shrapnel."

He gave the primer gear a sharp twist with his index and thumb with his eyes still on the enemy, and flicked the bomb behind the pillar with a swift backhand.

Here's hoping these things were as deaf as he'd been told.

Move: 1S
Action: Old Powder Bomb: Thrown 3S 1E, Attack rolls from the Grub 1N of blast point going clockwise: 3#1d10o10+3 8, 4 (Critical Miss), 10

Theantero fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Mar 15, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

"Cover what?" Darcy shouted over the din, until the bomb blew up sending bits of dirt and bug all over the place. "Pffpt, some of that got in my mouth, alright cleaning up!"

Darcy picked one of the two bugs menacing him that looked the most damage, raised a foot overhead and stomped it down. But the dust from the blast had obscured his vision a little so he ended up only partially stomping it instead.

Order: Stomping the damaged Grub 1S 1d10o10 = 2

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Ruined Temple, Inside
Mission Theme

Witchlily nods at Remmvi and Korrigath. She eyes the incoming insects and wonders whether they are edible enough to stave off hunger... though bolts are precious too and they take a few.

"Mm. Will circle."

Another shot follows towards the one in the back. This bolt sinks deep, through a weak seam in the thorax, much to the critter's distress.

Move N4, E6
Shoot Beetle 4E, 1N: 1d10o10+1 10

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Percy Delawney - Scourge of the Pasturelands

Percy flinches as the vermik surprises the other tuk adventurer. Her response is swift and lethal.

"Oh dear, oh dear. Let me know if that bite needs further attention. From what I've seen of their mouths the vermik have a purposely cryptic palate to foster a septic quality to their bites."

Percy continues in this vein of zoological observation as he moves forward with Seauffer to support the others.

Move: 6E 1S
Action: Cast Sentry Spark 2E 1S

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

Daeron is able to turn the sluice crank easily, and again the same barrier as before rises to allow a flow of water in from elsewhere for a few moments before it closes again.

Penelope's attempt is less successful; the crank seizes after only a quarter turn and refuses to budge further, even with all her strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
===== [ SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS ] =====

As the group moves forward, the rows of crops are split by a swarm of Vermik that erupt from their hiding spots hiding and charge, hissing and growling as they run in curves and circles around the outriders' feet.

Seaufer >>>> Vermik (10)(-0 armor)(10 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
Silver Jenny: {Careful Strike}
Silver Jenny >>>> Vermik (6)(-0 Armor)(6 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vermik >>>> Camryn (1)(-2 armor)(1 damage(min))(+1 Toxin)
Vermik >>>> Camryn (1)(-2 armor)(1 damage(min))(+1 Toxin)
Vermik >>>> Sentry Spark (4)(-0 armor)(4 damage)(+1 Toxin)(Immune)
Vermik >>>> Seauffer (6)(-2 armor)(4 damage)(+1 Toxin)
Vermik >>>> Silver Jenny (1)(-3 armor)(1 damage)(+1 Toxin)
Vermik >>>> Camryn (5)(-2 armor)(3 damage)(+1 Toxin)
Vermik >>>> Silver Jenny (4)(-3 armor)(1 damage)(+1 Toxin)