Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
==== [Vermik Trapping For the Arena] ====

A careful wandshot leaves the woodeater grub alive but incapacitated, knocked onto it's back. It twists and writhes on the ground in something that seems like agony, the lack of any sound or expression on it's insectile face somehow making the spectacle more eerie.

Korrigath advances around the corner and comes face to face with two Vermik at the far end. Both creatures hiss and rush at the massive invader of their tunnels, but are brought up short just in time by thinnest strains of a new shrieker thrown by Remmvi.

Slid >--> Grub (6)(-0 Armor0)(6 damage)
Witchlilly >>>> Grub (1) :Automiss:
Korrigath ---O Grub (6)(-0 Armor)(6 damage)(wounded)(+4 xp)
------------------------------
Woodeater >>>> Witchlily (4)(-0 Armor)(4 damage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

Kocho - Clearing the Cisterns

"I like that word, sssussurrusssss..."

Kocho heads to the final sluice gate to give it a twissssst.

Move 3S
Action: check the sluice crank

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Vermik Trapping For The Arena!!

Slid Viscous

move 1E, fire on nearby grub due north

firing on nearby grub, due north: 1d10o10+1 6

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

Gravedust posted:

"Gods' blood it reeks in here.." Mirielle says, putting her back against one of the grey stone walls and pulling her bandana tighter against her nose. "I heard a yelp; anything I should know about?"

"Yeah there's some kinda fethin' giant spider in this part of this crypt, I punched it one and it scuttled off deeper thataway." Darcy grumbled, gesturing to the eastern crypt and adjusting his hand bandages to cover the fresh lacerations on his arm. "So I'd recommend you stay right there for the moment and I'll go fish the bugger out. Stab man can you keep a crossbow on that bottom entrance there? I'll go through the top."

Heading back through the door, Darcy took a deep breath and dashed through the open door into eastern crypt arms raised in pre-emptive defence.

>Action: Quick Recovery (+2 HP)
>Move: 3E, 2N, 1E

>Level Up!<
+1 VIT
+1 Climbing
+1 Hand-to-Hand Rank

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS

Chase headed back down the same path he'd just retreated up. He had to dance around Silver Jenny and the Vermik trying to eat her to stay on the path, but it was worth it not to mess up the old farmer's field. His sword went snicker-snack and off came the head of the foul rodent he'd hit earlier. Chase slide smoothly backwards to avoid the bloodspray.

E1 S2
Sword wounded Vermink S: 1d10o10k1+4 11

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Clove cast a look over at his ally's ammo situation, then tossed a handful of bolts his way. Grunting at the approach of yet another bug, he fired a quick shot into it's thigh and withdrew.

> Drop 5 Ammo SE
> Snipe W Grub: 1d10o10+2 5
> Move 3N

LEVEL UP
> +ATK
> +Climbing
> +Drawstrike

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Bobby Jack - The Barrows

Bobby-Jack thanks Clove with a quick nod, and proceed to take a moment to place the bolts in his quiver.

Gravedust posted:

"Gods' blood it reeks in here.." Mirielle says, putting her back against one of the grey stone walls and pulling her bandana tighter against her nose. "I heard a yelp; anything I should know about?"

"As the man says", he makes a noncommittal gesture towards Darcy, "There's some kind of giant spider in there, and a couple grubs left in the rightward chamber. Well, could be more than that, but that's what we've seen."

Bobby-Jack scratches his chin, "Not an expert on the creatures, but I'd peg that one as a common Silkweaver."

Action: Pick up the stack of Standard Ammo from 1N 1W
Move: 1N 2E 2N

LEVEL UP:
Rules Change Talent Shuffle: Change my 'Peek' to 'Stealth'
Talent: Maintainer
Proficiency: +Detection
Attribute: +MEC

Theantero fucked around with this message at 09:34 on May 8, 2023

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"Can't be the end of them, but it's an end of them," says Jenny as she takes aim at one of the last of the pack.

Action: Stab SE Vermik: 1d10o10+3 5

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Verminious Burrows
Mission Theme

The grub goes down but another replaces it. Witchlily grunts and swings again, with better luck.

Non-lethal grub drub: 1d10o10 6

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Korrigath - Vermik Trapping

A nod of thanks to their employer for a well timed throw as Korrigath rejoined the group. With limited wand blasts, Korrigath opted to learn about their foe, watching to see if the damage dealt was enough to KO the other grub, and striving to scribe down the results to better record how to deal with them.

Move: 2N 1W.
Act: Scribe Grub E

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 8, 2023

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
===== [ CLEARING THE CISTERNS ] =====

Nell stands to the side of the door and pushes it open, revealing another mostly empty chamber with a standing pool of deep water in the center. Nothing can be heard besides the movement of the door itself on lightly rusted hinges.

On the other side of the room, the sluice control wheel turns easily, and seems to be in fine working order.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Gharoch the Volatile posted:

[020$][20/20HP][02/06MP][MOVE:07]
[00ATK][00DEF][00VIT][00MEC][02MAG]
[0MA][0RA][0Armor][01Rec][01Inf][01Res][02Morale]
[Residuum CD]:[1]

[Wand][-1MP][W.Grub 2N/2W]

quote:

Lvl Up
+1 Mag (2>3)
+1 Arcane Lore (1>2)
+1 Residuum (2>3)

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
===== [ SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS ] =====

Seauffer >--> Vermik (9)(+1 guidance)(-4 obstacle)(-0 armor)(6 damage)
Percival {throw} Vermik (8)(+1 Knife Bonus)(+2 Guidance)(-0 Armor)(11 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
Camryn >>>> Vermik (11)(-0 armor)(11 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
Silver >>>> Vermik (5)(+1 guidance)(-0 armor)(6 damage)
Sentry Spark >--> Vermik (1) :Automiss: (Dissipates)
------------------------------------------------------
Vermik >>>> Camryn (1) :Automiss:
Vermik >>>> Camryn (4) (-2 Armor)(2 damage)(+1 Toxin)

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Seauffer Leuppah - [ SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS ]

The crossbow bolt Seauffer volleyed downrange thrummed through the air as it passed her allies and sunk into the hide of the snarling Vermik she'd targeted by the brook.

The bolt-pierced critter yelped and recoiled in such a pitiful way that Seauffer couldn't blame it for trying to attack Camryn Chase, who'd gotten close to it and intended to attack too.

"Tch~" the Tuk girl tisked, and she slung her borrowed crossbow over her shoulder to draw her bloodied, gleaming blade.

"This'un's mine - have mercy," Seauffer swore, as she stepped past her ally Camryn to cut short the poor creature's pain.

Seauffer:
> Move: 4S.
> Action: Attack W Vermik with Militia Longsword! (+2 Guidance from Camryn): 1d10+2+2 14 - Natural 10 - Attack Explodes!
>> Attack Explosion! Attack W Vermik with Militia Longsword! Attack Explosion!: 1d10+14 24 - Natural 10 - Attack Explodes AGAIN!
>>> Attack Explosion! Attack W Vermik with Militia Longsword! Attack Explosion!: 1d10+24 27
:snoo:

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Daeron Stormborne - [Clearing the Cisterns]

"Kocho, let's see what's behind this door, before we re-join the others." Daeron opens the door and moves through.
Orders:
Move: 1N, 2E, 1S
Action: Open the door

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

Mykkel posted:

Daeron Stormborne - [Clearing the Cisterns]

"Kocho, let's see what's behind this door, before we re-join the others." Daeron opens the door and moves through.

Kocho's tongue flicks in a gesture of agreement, not that Daeron would necessarily recognise it as ssssuch.

Move 3N 3E
Speculative crossbow shot on any revealed enemy: 1d10+2 6

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
[ ===== TREASURE HUNTING AT THE BARROWS ===== ]

Mirielle's nose wrinkles under her face cover. "A godsdamned weaver," she sighs. "There wasn't one the last time we were poking around, or I'd've warned you, Sorry. Keep on your toes, a weaver's no joke. They can get you from a distance, but they're maybe even worse close up. Loarn can tell you."

The Tuur holds up his right forearm, the bottom of which is etched with four raised, parallels scars, and two puncture marks.

"Not poisonous, at least." He says, with a snort.

Darcy cautiously moves forward, taking a moment to catch his breath and steel himself.
He edges past a crooked, badly decayed wooden door, seized on hinges that have become solid blocks of rust. The room ahead is dim and deathly quiet. The large stone block by his right shoulder rises from floor to ceiling and does not appear to be another sarcophagus, but rather some kind of ornamental arch.

Bobby-Jack warily moves up behind him. His attention drifts to the veil of spiderwebs where the Silkweaver once laid in wait, (Detection:##+3) and notices round clumps the size of lemons secured to them. (Creature Lore: ##+0) He recalls having heard somewhere that those are the eggs of the Weaver, though they will grow to the size of large coconuts before they are ready to hatch.

((It is conceivable that you could take these eggs with you and sell them to interested parties such as the Arena, or an animal trainer back in Barrican. There are 5 in total, you can harvest any number using an Action. When harvesting an egg there is a [ 40% - (5*Creature Lore) ] chance you will ruin it.))

While the eggs pose no danger as they are, something itches in Bobby-Jack's skull at the thought of them, concentrating on that feeling, he pulls one more half-forgotten fact to the surface; Unlike many other varietals of giant spiders, he recalls, both male and female Silkweavers remain to guard the eggs until hey hatch.

-----------------------------------------------
Clove >--> Grub (5)(-0 Armor)( 5 damage)
Gharoch ---O Grub (2)(+2 Bonus)(-0 Armor)(4 damage)
-----------------------------------------------
Grub >>>> Gharoch (1) :automiss:

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

Witchlily's attack knocks the Woodeater akilter, and it flops senselessly around on the loose dirt floor.

Slid steps out and takes his shot, followed a moment later by Remmvi. The two bolts strike deep and the Woodeater Grub flinches back, drops, and then -pop-'s in a noxious burst of reeking green mist. At this range it is enough to elicit a gag or two, but does not cause any serious harm.

Meanwhile Korrigath cracks his book and takes a few quick notes on the incapacitated Woodeater Grub, the giant insect laying accommodatingly still as it seems to slip into shock.

Remmvi pinches her sensitive nose closed in between reloading her crossbow and readying another Screecher, as the thin wail of the last one begins to die down. At the edge of the device's range, the Vermik press forward as close as they are able to bear.

"I will be throwing another to far northeast!" Remmvi announces, her voice extra squeaky on account of her tiny fingers still clamped over her nose. "Watch out for the ones in the south tunnel, or they will be biting our behinds!"

Witchlilly >>>> Grub (6 damage)(-0 armor)(6 damage)(wounded)(+4 xp)
Slid >--> Grub (6)(-0 Armor)(6 damage)
Korrigath :Scribe Woodeater Grub: (+10 Devotion)
Remmvi >--> Woodeater Grub (6)(+2MA)(-2 Obstacle)(-0 Armor)(6 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
Toxic Burst{ }

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS

"Welcome back to the sword supremacy club Seauffer."

Chase paid Seauffer's assist forward by finishing off the vermik Jenny had been fighting.

Sword Vermik E +2ATK +2 Sword: 1d10o10k1+4 8

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Move 1S, 2w, mine with pickaxe to the south.

It did not suit Slid that their exit was blocked, should they require a retreat. So he set to it.

vorebane fucked around with this message at 05:40 on May 10, 2023

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Nell - Clearing the Cisterns

Move: S1 W3 N1
Action: attack anything in reach, 1d10+2

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Bobby Jack - The Barrows

Bobby-Jack halts as his eyes happen upon the eggs concealed in the webbing. They were familiar.

'Not a big fan of unknown woodland caves like this...'

"...One more thing", the man speaks in a somewhat drawn out way, "Eggs. And these things nest in pairs. Don't ask me how I know, but I do."

'No one here is, moron. But it's either this or sleeping in the open with the rangers on our rear end.'

"The eggs sell for a nice bit to monster tamers or weird eccentrics. Not a huge bit, but a nice one. Hold."

The man gets over to the eggs and kneels, using his dirk to cut the sacks holding the goods open, accidentally rupturing one but getting the rest in good condition. He sets them on a bit of cloth and ties them to a neat bundle, and places them in his backpack.

Move: 1W
Free Action: Spend 1 Morale to heal 5 with Second Wind
Action: Harvest 5 Silkweaver Eggs (roll of 1-4 destroys egg): 5#1d10 2 7 6 6 5

Theantero fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 10, 2023

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Silver Jenny - Scourge of the Pasturelands

"Well struck!" The praise seems to be general, although Seuffer's certainly put on a more entertaining show. With the southern pair dead, and the mage still threatened, Jenny steps between Percy and the Vermik before delivering a blow.

Move: 1E, 1N
Action: Stab Vermik E: 1d10o10+3 6

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

Darcy paused, and lowered his arms when scything forelegs didn't strike out at him the moment he burst into the room. But there wasn't much other space a giant spider could hide, and he would have seen them leave through the other entrance

So Darcy ran around the corner and swung a hard leg at whatever looked alive and moving first.

>Move: 3E, 2S
>Action: Punch the nearest enemy in range.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Korrigath - Vermik Trapping

"Understood. Moving northeast to take advantage of that and see what else is ahead." affirmed the Tuur, deftly weaving his way over there, stepping over the wounded grub and skirting the worst of the exploded one's blast radius.

Move: 2N 2W 1N 1W 1N 1W
Act: Scribe Vermik N

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Xelek - Clearing the Cisterns

quote:

"Everything in working order! And you, dear..." Nell looks over the scuff marks and superficial scratches the monitors left on Xelek's scutes, though they're hard to make out over the old scars. She frowns. "Xelek, just... keep yourself in working order too, okay?"

Xelek pauses at hearing this, searching for words.

"...I do not seek to die unworthy. But the will of the gods is what it shall be. It is my place to be a shield, to offer my own lifeblood to be spilled in the place of others. I will not fail in this."

He plods ahead into the next room, scanning for potential dangers. Despite the stoicism of his own words, he further binds his wound as he moves on.

4W 1N
Recover

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Percy Delawney - Scourge of the Pasturelands

"And that's that for now. Such aggression from these poor beasts"

I'd like to act before Jenny moves in the way
Action: Huck a knife at E2 Vermik (+2 Guidance) [1d10+3]=7+3=10
Move: Lounge about

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Gharoch the Volatile posted:

[020$][20/20HP][02/06MP][MOVE:07]
[00ATK][00DEF][00VIT][00MEC][03MAG]
[0MA][0RA][0Armor][01Rec][01Inf][01Res][02Morale]
[Residuum CD]:[Ready/3]

"Bug!" "bug!"

[Staff Bonk][W.Grub 1N/1W]

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
===== [ CLEARING THE CISTERNS ] =====

The moment that Nell and Xelek step into the room, the water is cut by the scaled bodies of several Monitors, propelled across the surface with astonishing swiftness by their thrashing tails. In a matter of heartbeats two have drawn close enough to snap at Xelek from the shallows.

Some distance away, the opposite door swings open on oily hinges to reveal yet another still, deep pool, perturbed only by the lazy undulations of a few clear slimes. A bridge crosses one of the narrower parts, and appears to lead to an upwards stairway that presumable leads back to the surface, though it is grated off.

Monitor >>>> Xelek (6)(+1 Water Assault)(-3 Armor)(4 damage)(+2 Sollos Devotion)
Monitor >>>> Xelek (7)(+1 Water Assault)(-3 Armor)(4 damage(capped))(+2 Sollos Devotion)

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Verminious Burrows
Mission Theme

Skrunching her nose at ripe smell of Woodeater innards, she slips past Remmvi and pulls out the bellow-contraption Screecher. A quick adjustment to the release valve primes it and she steps deeper into the vermin-den to chuck the howling tool into the middle of a pack.

"Got the butt-biters covered," she comments, entirely deadpan.

Move W1, S3
Toss Screecher E4

Unless Remmvi's current screecher effect fades before enemy turn, then E2.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
===== [ SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS ] =====

(( No time to narrate, alas. Since you're out of things to fight I think next round I will rest you all up to full and give you position options for taking ont he nest in the silo))

---------------------
Seauffer >>>> Vermik (27)(-0 Armor)((27 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
Camryn (8)(-0 Armor)(8 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
Percy :throw: Vermik (10)(-0 Armor)(10 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)

Seauffer
> Move: 4S.
> Action: Attack W Vermik with Militia Longsword! (+2 Guidance from Camryn): 1d10+2+2 14 - Natural 10 - Attack Explodes!
>> Attack Explosion! Attack W Vermik with Militia Longsword! Attack Explosion!: 1d10+14 24 - Natural 10 - Attack Explodes AGAIN!
>>> Attack Explosion! Attack W Vermik with Militia Longsword! Attack Explosion!: 1d10+24 27

---------------------

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Seauffer Leuppah - [ SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS ]

Snicker-snack went the vorpal edge of the Tuk's blade, and the Vermik-slayer Seauffer was briefly mesmerized by the look of placid awe on the Vermik's face as the creature's freshly-decapitated head arced lazily through the air and dropped into the glittering stream beyond with a satisfying *ker-plunk*.

"Welp~!" the Tuk sighed, and she looked around to assess her teammates for signs of any major scrapes.

"Good'a time as any ta' take a breather a'fore we break up that blighted shed, eyah?" Seauffer suggested, searching her purse for some spare silks or linens to wipe off her blade as she walked.

Strolling along the northernmost row of the wheatfields, Seauffer Leuppah crooned to herself while she cleaned some of the ichorous Vermik blood from the sword her father gave her.

"Il y a un château sur un nuage..."

Seauffer: (Taking Three (3) Rounds to complete the following positioning and recovery actions)
> R1 Move: 3E, 3N, 1E.
> R1 Action: Recover (1+2Vit) to heal 3HP (13 -> 16 HP)!
> R2 Move: 7E.
> R2 Action: Recover (1+2Vit) to heal 3HP (16 -> 19 HP)!
> R3 Move: 7E.
> R3 Action: Recover (1+2Vit) to heal 1HP (19 -> 20/20 HP)!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Clove's face was impassive as his team discussed spiders. Silently, he switched his ammo to something with a little more weight.

> Move 3S 2E 1S 1E 1S
> Ready attack on any visible Spider with Special Ammo

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
[ ===== TREASURE HUNTING AT THE BARROWS ===== ]

As Darcy rounds the corner it becomes clear that the large slabs to his right form an archway atop a stairway leading down to what is presumably a lower floor. He has only a split-hertbeat to think abotu thisbefore the spiders are upon, him; one dropping down from above, and another crawling out of the darkened mouth of the stairwell with shocking speed.

Darcy >>>> Skilkweaver (2)(+2 hand to hand)(-2 Armor)(2 damage)
(( To explain spider's damage level, the one Darcy attacked was the one that was hit earlier'; it's been healing a bit since. ))
Gharoch >>>> Woodeater (9)(+0MA)(-0 Armor)(9 damage)(dies)(+2 HP)
Toxic Burst{ Gharoch (+3 Toxic) }
-----------------------------------
Silkweaver >>> Darcy (8)(-2 Armor)(6 damage)
Silkweaver >>> Darcy (4)(-2 Armor)(2 damage)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Nothing out there, but he could hear them. He withdrew slightly, then took a moment to center himself, feeling mana trickling in from the world around him.

> Move 1N 2W 1S
> Focus to recover 1 MP

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

"poo poo!" Darcy, who was not in a position to hear Bobby Jack share the info about the Silkweavers that live in pairs found out through the medium of getting attacked by two giant spiders instead of one.

The discovery of the second floor of stairs would have to wait until he was not about to get mauled to death.

"Get your arses over here right now! I found BOTH of the spiders!"

>Action: Punch the damaged Silkweaver. 1d10o10+2 = 8
>Move: 1S, 3W

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

Korrigath, pushing forward, siezes a moment of opportunity to make more notes about a Vermik, it's tattered ears flattened against it's skull, teeth bared and hissing at the edge of the screecher's radius. Just as it looks as though the creature has steeled itself to take a bite at the scribbling Tuur despite the pain of advancing, a fresh device plops down into the dirt next to it and begins a fresh nearly inaudible whistle. The collection of rodents turn and flee in unison, piling up in the tunnel as they attempt to escape the sound that tears at their eardrums. The ones already near the exit balk as they realize something is amiss outside, but are forced forward regardless by the mass pressing behind them.

"Good, good!" Remmvi clicks her tooth in satisfaction. "We are having some progress now!"

To the south, Witchlily throws a device of her own. Though she is less adept at tuning the device for maximum effect, the sound is still enough to drive the Vermik from the southern tunnels and further east.

((The object S of Slid is just a corpse and is passable, so no need to axe it; if you want to retcon you action this round I'll see what I can do about amending it. ))

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Vermik Trapping For The Arena!!

Slid Viscous

Move 2E, 3S, 3E and peek E

Oh that wasn't a cave in, whew. But that area with the screamer should be safe, it was time to peek beyond it.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Bobby Jack - The Barrows

Not long after he is done with the eggs, Bobby-Jack is startled by a yell from the chamber behind him. He makes his way in with relative haste, crossbow at the ready, but soon clicks his tongue in annoyance as he sees a spider leg peeking from behind the corner.

The beasts were in a good spot. He couldn't possibly get a firing angle in these tight quarters without getting pounced, and if he was forced to go mano a mano, he'd rather do it here where the corridor was too tight for the pair to take him on together.

He weighed his options for a few seconds, until finally resigning himself to using his last bomb. They were expensive, sure, but unlike with the crossbow, he could actually lob the bomb past the corner somewhere near the spiders without exposing himself. This kind of thing was exactly what they were for.

A few familiar clicks follow as he sets the clockwork fuse between his thumb and index, and sends the bomb on its merry way.

Move: 1N 3E
Action: Old Powder Bomb: Thrown 3E 1S, Attack rolls from the Weaver 1W of the blast point first, then the one 1W 1S: 2#1d10o10+3 11 30

Theantero fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Verminious Burrows
Mission Theme

The Screecher had the vermin horde on the run. Now she just needed to keep this up until they were all good and caged. Or however many the cages could fit.

She moved forward, as a reticient Slid skidded to a stop behind her, pulling another contraption from her belt and chucking it deeper into the cave network ahead.

Move E4
Toss Screecher N3, E1

N and E as far as it goes, at any rate.