Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Name: Darcy Landown
Stat: +1 Attack
Talent: Hand-to-Hand 1
Proficiency: Climbing
Equipment: Iron Dirk, Wooden Slat Shield, Leather Chestpiece, Linen Bandages, Initiate's Sigil (Niahain)

"I didn't come out here for you to lose your bottle after the first swing, get up!"

Darcy Landown spent the entirety of his youth scrapping and fighting to get on by in the dingy back alleys of a city he had long since forgotten the name of until he was picked up by an underground fight ring, and it took a little longer to punch his way out of that mess before he finally found religion and became a changed man.

Being however that the religion he found was the religion of the violent war god Niahain, all that really did was newly instill with him a determination to not just fight because he wants to, but to fight to 'Reach Heaven Through Violence' by turning his own body into the ultimate weapon to do so. Darcy had his fill of the mediocre street toughs in his tiny pond and set out into the wider world towards Barrican, with the purpose of hardening his fists against the creatures out in the great beyond instead.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown - Barrican Boroughs

Ah the memories, he ran a few messages for the thieves guild back in his 'childhood' when he was this kid's age. It paid like poo poo and he got a thick ear for it for the times where the recipient didn't like the message they got but, figures that the moment he set foot in the city the shadowy cabal of Vice worshippers would have clocked him seemingly on sight somehow. And probably would know better than to tell this scrawny rat anything of value so no point trying to put the squeeze on him.

"'Ere sprog, should have opened up with that it would have saved us both a bit of bother."

>D: Flip him a coin and send him on his way.

Darcy flipped the coin into his hands, it wasn't like he was planning on spending it on much while he was here to get started with, "Here's a tip for your trouble, I didn't see you, you didn't see me, now bugger off."

---

With that out of the way, he got to work. At least the work of finding work, that was work in and of itself.

Punching rats would probably be a good warmup, but he imagined that might be quite popular with other new party members as easy work that would fill up quickly, so pass on that one.

Clearing out the cisterns, that was of mild interest right up until he read the words 'Barrican Guard'. Hard pass on that one, he doesn't owe the watch a drat thing.

Trapping rats for the Arena now there was something that he had considered. The Barrican Arena was quite famous even over his end, reading the yellow broadsheets for the fight results and famous gladiators had been one of the few things he used to do as a kid that wasn't illegal and/or dangerous, and would probably be a bit more on the up and up than the seedy fight rings he frequented back home. But he imagined his not killing of the Vermink wouldn't score him points with Niahain.

And so that left grave robbery for the mysterious 'Flint Street' folk and, well, what's a few more blasphemies on top of the one he was already committing from what he was carrying in his sack ay?

>Darcy signs up for '[Treasure hunting in the Yltrian Barrows]'

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 18, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Gravedust posted:

I have my own crew to do the looting, just need a little steel along to make it safe while they work.

Darcy who had been nodding along at this point, raised a finger at this line.

"'Scuse me for asking ma'am, what exactly are we bringing steel to defend your blokes from, other 'barrow explorers'? I ain't exactly got much know-all of the region hereabouts to know what to expect."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

Sighting up at the statue that Loarn pointed out, Darcy meandered over to it and tested a few handholds before putting a firm grip on one he liked the feel of.

"Aight, gimme just one second I'll be up and at this, hyup!"

Back in his bad old days before he found 'his way' Darcy used to do a lot of clambering and climbing up walls, rooftops and fences for a variety of reasons. Sometimes for fun, sometimes to evade trouble, do that enough times without slipping on loose roof tile and cracking your head open on the cobblestones and you tend to get good at it. This crumbling old bit of stonework was an easy enough jaunt up to the top of to check what goodies it had.

Move: Move to the statue with the mystery item
Order: Attempting to climb up and grab the item with my Climbing 1. 1d10+1 = 7 Success!

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Mar 9, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

"'Ere! Startin' the party without me? Alright let's got to stomping out the pests." Nudging past the other two delvers at the entrance of the barrow with a 'Scuse me' on the way, Darcy ran up to the bug that had been stuck by Bobby's arrow and gave it a good solid kick, splattering it up against the wall of the barrow.

"Blergh! Stinks like a midden ridden latrine."

Move: Move 1S, 1W, 1S, 1E, 3S, 1E
Order: Putting a boot into the damaged Woodeater Grub. 1d10o10+1 = 8

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

"Cover what?" Darcy shouted over the din, until the bomb blew up sending bits of dirt and bug all over the place. "Pffpt, some of that got in my mouth, alright cleaning up!"

Darcy picked one of the two bugs menacing him that looked the most damage, raised a foot overhead and stomped it down. But the dust from the blast had obscured his vision a little so he ended up only partially stomping it instead.

Order: Stomping the damaged Grub 1S 1d10o10 = 2

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

"Pesky little shites." Seeing additional grubs coming up through the hallway, Darcy put a little distance between himself and that entrance before bringing a foot down on the already near dead grub to finish it off. "Don't suppose you got some sort of massive fireball spell on deck Magic Man? Maybe you can fumigate this crypt out?"

Move: 1W
Order: Finishing off the damaged Grub 1SE 1d10o10 = 2

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

No sooner did he stomp out another bug did one more take it's place. While he was all well and good fighting the good fight he was starting to bleed his own blood a little too much for his liking.

"Stab man gimme some cover in a second, I need a moment to breathe stomping these things out." Kicking one off of him that had latched on to his leg, Darcy took the moment to duck behind Bobby-Jack, reaching for some bandages in his pack.

Order: Attacking the fresh grub 1SE 1d10o10 = 2 (Damnit Niahain gimme a little juice for your acolyte)
Move: 3N

~Your desire to punch bugs fills you with Determination! Level Up!~
>+1 DEF
>Learn Hand-to-Hand Rank 2
>Proficiency Intuition +1

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 21, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

Grumbling and swearing as he rifled through his bag to pull out some bandages, Darcy's hand briefly touched against Sigil stored within as it seemed to have a faint glow amidst his belongings. In the haze of the tomb it almost looked like a single eye that was looking at him, disapprovingly.

'Yeah I know bossman, it ain't been my best work so far but that changes soon as I got these wraps on'

Action: Full Turn Rest with 1x Linen Bandage, healing 12 HP (2 from VIT 1 + 10 Linen Bandage)

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

"Almost~, Got it!" Exclaimed Darcy, who had finished bandaging his bite wounds and also put tighter wraps around the soles of his shoes and his fists. Hopefully, this will stop him slipping off the carapace of these Grubs when he hits them.

Theantero posted:

Bobby Jack - The Barrows
"Aight", he said after the brawler behind him was done with his hasty bandage-work, "Gotta take a breather. I'm tapping you in, if you don't mind."

"Aight, tag in!" Darcy clapped a hand on the Bandit's shoulder moved right past him and deftly with one foot raised above his head, brought a hard heel down on top of the wounded grub with a satisfying squelch on impact. "Much better."

>Move: 1S
>Action: Kick the Grub that BJ attacked directly South. 1d10o10+1 = 9

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 30, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

"Yeah I've kicked in doors to kick the poo poo out of gang rivals before I know how it goes."

Darcy followed behind Bobby, as soon as he loosed his bolt on a target he couldn't immediately see, Darcy rushed in through the open entrance and swung at whatever was hiding behind it.

>Move: 2S, 2E, 1S, 1E, 1N
>Action: Sock the Enemy that BJ attacked to my North. 1d10o10+1 = 8

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

"poo poo! Okay there's giant bloody spider in this burial mound! No wonder it hasn't been claimed by other diggers yet, stay frosty!"

Slapping the other grub off of his leg, Darcy quickly took a few steps back towards the entrance to the crypt to prevent the spider from being able to slip by or sneak up on him.

>Action: Stomp the Grub to my E. 1d10o10+1 = 8
>Move: 1S, 1W

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 27, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

Gravedust posted:

"Gods' blood it reeks in here.." Mirielle says, putting her back against one of the grey stone walls and pulling her bandana tighter against her nose. "I heard a yelp; anything I should know about?"

"Yeah there's some kinda fethin' giant spider in this part of this crypt, I punched it one and it scuttled off deeper thataway." Darcy grumbled, gesturing to the eastern crypt and adjusting his hand bandages to cover the fresh lacerations on his arm. "So I'd recommend you stay right there for the moment and I'll go fish the bugger out. Stab man can you keep a crossbow on that bottom entrance there? I'll go through the top."

Heading back through the door, Darcy took a deep breath and dashed through the open door into eastern crypt arms raised in pre-emptive defence.

>Action: Quick Recovery (+2 HP)
>Move: 3E, 2N, 1E

>Level Up!<
+1 VIT
+1 Climbing
+1 Hand-to-Hand Rank

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

Darcy paused, and lowered his arms when scything forelegs didn't strike out at him the moment he burst into the room. But there wasn't much other space a giant spider could hide, and he would have seen them leave through the other entrance

So Darcy ran around the corner and swung a hard leg at whatever looked alive and moving first.

>Move: 3E, 2S
>Action: Punch the nearest enemy in range.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

"poo poo!" Darcy, who was not in a position to hear Bobby Jack share the info about the Silkweavers that live in pairs found out through the medium of getting attacked by two giant spiders instead of one.

The discovery of the second floor of stairs would have to wait until he was not about to get mauled to death.

"Get your arses over here right now! I found BOTH of the spiders!"

>Action: Punch the damaged Silkweaver. 1d10o10+2 = 8
>Move: 1S, 3W

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

After the dust from the blast had cleared Darcy ran back up the corridor in time to see the spider catch a Galeshot from Clove, and followed up with a hard running boot into its backend.

>Move: 3E, 1N
>Action: Kick the damaged spider in it's behind. 1d10o10+2 = 6

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

Gravedust posted:

"So, we're headed down there. Of course." Mirielle points down the stairwell.
"Why don't you take a breather first, and get good and ready. Let's not spend too long down there once we go, aye? I don't like leaving ma up on the surface by herself too long, despite how much she says she can handle herself."
"Well how about you head back and tell her where we're going, while we make sure there isn't anything waiting for us at the bottom of these stairs, just so everyone's in the loop and all. Now do excuse me gents" After having taken his time to get his oats together and his bandages changed he decided to go down first as the resident 'heavy' of the group.

>Move: Towards the Stairs
>Action: Head Down

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

"Nice work stab man, now let's see what's behind door number 1."

>Move: Move towards closest enemy unit
>Action: Punch it

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 26, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

"Okay so don't touch the coffins, got it, let's see what's down here there."

>Move: Move 3W, 4S, 1W
>Action: Search for Traps

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

The sudden toxic gas starting to fill the room startled Darcy as everyone started to shout at once. "Oh bloody hell of course it's trap, alright smash and grab boys!"

>Move: Move 7W
>Action: Loot the cabinet 1NW

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

Darcy was admiring his find of the interesting looking animated armour, right up until it started moving and pulled out a sword. Then on instinct Darcy punched it across the visor and made his way towards the door.

"I think we've outstayed our welcome, time to bounce!"

>Action: Punch the Animated Armour ,1NW, 1d10o10+2 = 6
>Move: Move 8E

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

Darcy didn't waste breath on shouting and got the hell out of the room as fast as he could

>Move: Move 3N 5E and get out
>Action: Take a Quick Recovery

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

Gravedust posted:

Mirielle leans against the wall and dumps water from a canteen into her mouth and gargles and spits, wheezing. "poo poo..." She coughs. "Godsdamned Yltriyans." She wipes her nose and mouth with the back of her hand. Seeing Gharoch looking seriously effected still, she nudges their shoulder and presses her bottle of antidote into their hand.

"Everybody's here though; how did we do?"

"Swiped everything that wasn't nailed down except one crate near the centre I think" Said Darcy, who took a moment to cough out gunk back down the stairs which they'd come from. "Bit of an embuggerance that the cabinets that looked like it contained the best stuff turned out to contain magic bloody murder gewgaws, otherwise I think we could have cleared that place out no problem"

"Gotta say though, not feeling overly keen on pursuing a long term career in barrow raiding. Monsters I can beat the crap out of, I don't got the patience for traps."

Action: Quick Recovery

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jul 13, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

Theantero posted:

"I'm no antiquarian, but I do have experience in distributing even very eclectic piles of loot ", his eyes slide over the gathered artifacts, "And what we have, I presume we can pawn off for... maybe 250 to 300 shiny ones, though again I'm no antiquarian so there could be a significant swing either way", he wipes away some running snot on the back of his glove, "Maybe we are lucky and that glass orb Mr. Martial Artist here snatched turns out to be more valuable than a mere pretty bauble on identification, but I wouldn't count on that."

"You know what stab man raises a good point, Ms. Mirelle do you or yer mam have any under the table wizardly folks willing to take a gander at this thing in your circle of friends at all? I feel like if I take it to the 'official' wizards they're gonna ask me or us too many questions about where we got it from."

Action: Quick Recovery

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 15, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

"Nah I'm with the others, let's not push our luck and get on out of here before any trouble shows up"

>Vote B

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jul 21, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

"Ehh, I ain't got no skin in this game I am not of a magical persuasion, I'll let the wizardly members of our merry gang decide that one."

B: Nominate Potential Roll Off.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 3, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

Darcy wished the assembled party a good evening, then hefted the coin purse in his hands and contemplated his first job well done with minimal scratches and no real loss of life. Back in his bad old days this would be the part where he hits the local tavern and buys stuff off of their top shelf, or heads to the local the dice hall to start gambling the night away for the thrill of it, or if he made some *real* money found nice slice of someone in one of the local pillow halls for a 'bed warmer'.

Those things though, they didn't quite have the zing they used to have after his religious epiphany, now they were like ashes in his mouth. He knew what he really should be doing, is funding his next foray out into the wilds with better equipment. The sigil of Niahain pulsed dimly in his bag, there was always more blood to be shed, more bones to break, the Spider had been an interesting challenge but the grubs were just, grubs, and the enchanted armour... Well he was sure he could have battered it with enough time, but time in the midst of that poison gas trap was the one thing they didn't have. It wasn't enough, not yet, not to the level where the folks that gave him the mysterious message would be satisfied.

"I ain't reaching heaven quite yet."

He headed to the Barrican Armoury to make some purchases, and then back to the Boroughs to prepare.

>Purchase and equip a Steel Buckler with Bladecatcher for $55 from the Barrican Armoury ($40 for the buckler, $15 for the enhancement)
>Purchase 2 lots of Dried Meat for $4 from The Boroughs, and stash/get rid of the the Wooden Slat Shield
>Remaining cash, $10

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Aug 5, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

The Arena's open? Well Darcy had always wanted to see the Barrican Arena for himself, and now he was in a position where he could.

For now though he'd plump for the cheap seats, he was a little short of funds after his new purchases.

>Spend $2 for the High Seats at the Arena

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 11, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown
Barrican Arena - High Seats

Darcy was here for the show, he'd been waiting years to see the Barrican Arena for himself he got himself some seats, he got himself some peanuts, and he got himself a guidebook so he could watch the folks fight, and the the difference between the 'veterans' and the newer fighters was noticeable in how well they could 'sell', he couldn't help but feel like some of the newer ones were, phoning it in a little on the playacting, apart from the one that seemed to bottle it half way into the first fight.

"The Bullman in the Glasses though, Korrigath." Darcy murmured to himself. "Anyone who can throw hands like that is a keeper, but I bet I could teach him a thing or two, his stance is a little sloppy." Absentmindedly he looked to his side and saw, Emelle and Mirielle Meary hanging out in the high seats too.

"'Ere!" He called over, gesturing with the peanuts in his hands. "Didn't expect to see you two again so soon, hows things going on your end?"

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Gravedust posted:

Emelle quickly catches sight of the familiar face and waves in return. "Ey! Small world, isn't it? Come on over, I've got an extra spot 'ere and it's not like I can come to you," she guffaws. Once everyone is settled (Mirielle gives you a nod and small wave) the three of you speak a bit, with Emelle doing most of the talking. After an exhange of pleasantries and current events you trade some banter about the fighters.

Emelle's interest picks up as the Helknights make their appearance, but in the tense moment after the second helknight is downed and the solcrystal is used, she suddenly bursts out laughing. "Ha! Ha ha ha! They hosed it royally!" She claps her hands in glee, earning a few hard looks and hisses from some nearby. She elbows Darcy in the ribs and points to the glimmering light far down on the sands. "They aren't supposed to use that! Those little baubles are rare, and worth more than ten men make in a year. They're for emergencies only. Guess they didn't want the crowd to see 'em bleed." Her mirth gradually subsides as the hellion is dispatched. She sighs at the speech and the thunderous applause that follows, rolling her eyes sarcastically. "Aye, sure, we can't live without the Empire and all that... You know, I lived in a west-central province once and had a Helknight as a beau. He taught me a few things.. And left me this-" She punches Mirielle playfully in the shoulder. The younger woman grimaces in exasperation and raises her fist, but doesn't hit back. She leans around her mother and fixes Darcy with a droll, deadpan stare. "..She'll also say my father was a Magistrate. Or a legionary captain. Or a treecutter."

Emelle shrugs, unbothered. "Well, one of 'em's right. Or hell, maybe all of them. Lesson to learn here is; don't trust roadside alchemists." She smiles sunnily at her daughter, eyes crinkled up in mirth. "But love, of all my mistakes, I'd make you all over again."

Darcy smiled, he never knew what his own folks were to tell the truth, once upon a time he thought that maybe he was a secret king and he'd get to inherit his birth right and be whisked away from poverty on a grand string of adventure. Things didn't turn out that way though, but seeing mother and daughter who were happy to be in each other's company was something he liked to see when he saw it, he'd seen enough broken homes and orphans for a lifetime.

The Hellion though, there was a dangerous gleam in Darcy's eyes as he watched it manhandle the two knights arranged against it before they used the 'solcrystal', it was the look of someone sizing up how he'd do in a fight against one. "That Hellion thing, is that kind of what they are all like at a sorta base level, or was that one just a particularly mean bugger they brought in so they could show off to the crowd?"

"I could also use some more good honest work to cut my teeth on if you know about any work coming up." Darcy decided not to put verbal quote marks around the 'honest' part since they were in public.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Gravedust posted:

Emelle scratches her chin. "Well.. It depends.. They come as small as a big dog, to..." She points to the Soltower that rises high above the city, visible even over the walls of the arena. "..big enough to break cities, which is why we've got that. But all sizes, all shapes. The one just now is the third I've ever seen, but the first one I've seen alive. When they die they go all to ashes except for their bones, and even those crumble away after a time. But before that happens they parade the corpses around. To make people feel safe, I guess."

"Interesting, maybe I'll keep an eye out if the Hellboys have any work going in the future. I've always wanted to try kicking the crap out of something bigger than me."

Gravedust posted:

Emelle grins. "Not as yet, but I'll keep you in mind if there's anything. To be honest I don't get up to much besides mucking about in the Barrows, and it's usually not as exciting as the last trip. If I get the kind of thing you're asking about, you might want to head to Lucky's Tavern or Xek's Dicehall, down by the factories. Just to make yourself known, get those people used to you."

"I've heard of those places around the block a little and I was interested I won't lie, though right now I got about..." He pulls out the pouch he keeps on his inside jersey pocket, opens it and peers inside, his lips moved while he counted. "About $8, I admit most of my pay-out went to new equipment for the next run, figured if I was gonna be professional I gotta get some professional hardware right?"

"But if you say that's the best way to get the feelers out, I should be able to get at least a few nights there before I venture out."

>Darcy will take up lodgings in Lucky's Tavern at the next opportunity for $6

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown

Gravedust posted:

A pleasant-looking man you may have met before beckons you over. He puts his hands in his pockets and leans back against a wall casually. "Good morning to you, hope you don't mind I looked you up. If you're up for a spot of work, I've some to offer. Just moving a motor-wagon of cargo down the road to the Port Avelline docks 'and back. The only thing is, all the people I normally use for this have eyes on them, so I need to rely on a little new blood. You've been helpful in the past, so I figure you might be willing to help a little more. Unfortunately, this needs to happen on the swift, meaning you leave within two hours of now, and no side-stops; you drive till you get there. It'll take three or four heads to get this done, there's some shine in it for you, paid when you get back. And I'm sure the folks down by the factories will appreciate that you've been of more help."

"'Ere squire say no more, I am always down to help a 'responsible member of the community'." This time they weren't in public so he put verbal quotes around certain phrases.

"Now what kind of problems might we encounter for such a security detail leaving on short notice?"

>Accept the Wagon to Port Avellin Job

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 15, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown

Gravedust posted:

"So you know me, yes? Good. This job is simple, but take it serious. The thing is this; This cargo is delicate and perishable, it -HAS- to be aboard a ship by tomorrow morning or it'll spoil. You'll have to drive overnight to get it there in time. Drive in shifts, no stopping. You'll deliver to the Swimming Stag, at the Port Avelline docks. I have a letter here for the Stag's captain that will explain everything."

He hands over a wax-sealed envelope made of thick brown paper.

"Remember this: No matter what happens; your one job is to get the cargo on the ship, on time, and in one piece. Then come back for your reward."

"Now then. I think that's everything you need to know. If you have any last-minute needs see to them quickly, the sooner you're on your way the better."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to narrate or react to the situation if you like, but no orders are necessary.
Thread will continue automatically with you getting on the road unless otherwise directed.

Darcy took one look at the contraption in front of him, sucked some air through his teeth a little and looked at Sander sheepishly.

"A little embarassing to admit bossman but could you give us a quick run down on how to drive this thing? I ain't never driven one before miself."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown

"Gotta say ride a cart to the port and back feels like it should be a doddle, should we give it a little Welly to cut that journey down a tad?"

>B: Go faster
>Darcy votes no on peeking.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown

"Alright, and supposedly if they try getting us off the road by ramming us what's our Plan B?" Asked Darcy, who suddenly had the buckler he'd bought in hand at the sight of all those armed men with swords.

"I don't mind a bit of a rumpus but it would set our timetable back a tad."

>B: Hold Steady

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Darcy Landown - Wagon to Port Aveline

"Doggedly determined ain't they? Alright, let's go see what they want to charge us honest hardworking citizens with."

Darcy will politely gesture a turning signal towards the nearest somewhat flat area of ground, resisiting to urge to flip them the bird, and then pull the cart over.

"So talk first, violence second I have this right Boss Man?" This was directed quietly at Bobby who, in Darcy's mind seemed to be the one with most of his marbles together.

Well the second choices were a wizard who kept talking into his bag to a voice inside it, and the anti-social rootkith. And he was never a bark orders kind of guy.

>A: Pull Over