Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

Where can I get a wolf costume like chiefsaholic?

I want to start an “I’m Spartacus” situation at arrowhead.

Hit up Etsy and just type Wolf Fursuit into the search bar, what's the worst that could happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

Hit up Etsy and just type Wolf Fursuit into the search bar, what's the worst that could happen?

Your about to have the best abs of your life

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Docjowles posted:

This would be funny but also sounds like a good way to get shot by a cop

Everything fun is ultimately a good way to get shot by a cop.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Coldforge posted:

Everything fun is ultimately a good way to get shot by a cop.

America.txt

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A furry and a catholic priest walk into a bar. The bartender says "I cannot operate on this patient. He is my son."

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1665105347571339265?s=20

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm not sure if Cam or Luck's careers were more disappointing for a generational prospect

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Cam was one jumped-on ball away from a ring

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sweet thursday posted:

They weren’t going to do poo poo if he recovered that.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
AB trying to make his entire team Cam.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Didn't AB's whole team and staff quit cause he stopped paying them?

Also I know Cam is a name, but he could barely throw downfield when he started 2 years ago.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

syzpid posted:

Also I know Cam is a name, but he could barely throw downfield when he started 2 years ago.

When cam came in against the cardinals he orchestrated a great TD drive that was a perfect mix of read options, quick passes, easy throws etc. he screamed “I’m back” in the end zone after he ran it in. On the sideline the entire offense was on one knee around him as he set them up for the next drive (desperate for anything other than darnold) and it was like “holy poo poo he’s back.”

The next drive he play action rolled out to throw to a wide open dj moore down the sideline and blimped it like 15 yards short and ten yards out of bounds.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

sweet thursday posted:

Cmon

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

syzpid posted:

I was just thinking this

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

FizFashizzle posted:

They weren’t going to do poo poo if he recovered that.

He would've just gotten drilled in the head on the next play and fumbled, no penalty, game over.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mike tolbert lost us that superbowl more than Cam did.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Doltos posted:

I'm not sure if Cam or Luck's careers were more disappointing for a generational prospect

At least Cam got a 15-1 season, an MVP, and a Super Bowl appearance before he fell off. It's no ring but he did have one fantastic season and a bunch of good ones.

Luck didn't even get a chance to really do anything because his team didn't even try to build around him. All he got to do was beat up on a pathetic AFC South and let Brady deflate his balls.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

Where can I get a wolf costume like chiefsaholic?

I want to start an “I’m Spartacus” situation at arrowhead.

Do you have a closed Chuck E Cheese nearby? There might be gold in that there dumpster.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mega64 posted:

At least Cam got a 15-1 season, an MVP, and a Super Bowl appearance before he fell off. It's no ring but he did have one fantastic season and a bunch of good ones.

Luck didn't even get a chance to really do anything because his team didn't even try to build around him. All he got to do was beat up on a pathetic AFC South and let Brady deflate his balls.

Hey there was that really funny Chiefs collapse

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Mega64 posted:

I just feel bad that Cam is doing a 150k try out on an arena football team

Mega64
May 23, 2008

AB is not going to pay that 150k.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Antonio Clown

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Thinking about Cam posting a hype video this year about how he was going to throw at Auburn’s pro day

Dude was a monster but it’s long gone at this point :smith:

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1665098151877914629?s=20

Another DT gets paid this year

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Edward Mass posted:

Antonio Clown

Just loled remembering that he fired his personal chef because there was a fish head in his fridge the chef was planning for a fish stew or whatever and thought it was some kind of mob threat

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Cat Hassler posted:

Just loled remembering that he fired his personal chef because there was a fish head in his fridge the chef was planning for a fish stew or whatever and thought it was some kind of mob threat

I think it's possible this was an excuse to not pay him, although it is an entertaining one. Antonio Brown does not like paying people for anything.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Something mildly interesting seen on Twitter

quote:

ATS ROI from 1999-2022

Nuts that Reid and Belichick are positive over a 400+ game sample each

Market a bunch of haters

Top 20

Bottom 20

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wanny...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Legendary Coach Chuck Pagano

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Took me a minute to figure out what the gently caress the numbers were in that post. It appears to be a percentage return on the coaches performance against the spread. IE, if you bet on this coach to cover every game they coached in the sample, would you make money or lose money.

I think it's a nifty metric.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's fascinating that McVay couldn't make the top 20 cutoff, for whatever reason the market seems to be accurately betting on his games not being able to beat the spread.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Alaois posted:

Wanny...

wanny and Jauron both being on the top 20 list with a bunch of HOF coaches (or ones who had HOF qbs like mccarthy) is incredible

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

trevorreznik posted:

wanny and Jauron both being on the top 20 list with a bunch of HOF coaches (or ones who had HOF qbs like mccarthy) is incredible
Bad teams that play good defense are more likely to cover?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Kyle Shanahan has some interesting company on that list considering the relative difference in QB quality with his nearest neighbors.

Edit: fully expect Dennis Allen to keep sliding down that list based on the look ahead lines for the Saints.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 4, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

insult to the history of Dallas cowboy arrests

https://twitter.com/andyslater/status/1665160400193613824?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mike “we need to adjust our offense to score fewer points” McCarthy being on the list is pretty funny. Dragged kicking and screaming by a decade of prime Rodgers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I miss Marty.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SKULL.GIF posted:

Something mildly interesting seen on Twitter

Top 20

Bottom 20

Nothing wrong with this metric but I like how the author of it says 400 games is a big sample size

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Kind of like Cal Ripken's record, which is unbreakable due to different philosophies throughout the league now, but part of it is that the vast majority of coaches will not have a career that long, independent of actually doing well or not. 400 games is like .... 20+ seasons, not sure if they are looking at college / non-HC record stuff to get to that number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Pain of Mind posted:

not sure if they are looking at college / non-HC record stuff to get to that number.

they have to be counting weirdly cause Andy has 12 more games than Bill. maybe pickems aren't counted or something