Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Mother of god it’s finally happening.

Gonna be a bit strange this year since my dad died last October. His last really lucid day was when Judge hit 62. Kinda weird to be the oldest one in my immediate family to have baseball stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

decided to become an Eric Hosmer Guy this season.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how loving dare you!!!!!!!!!!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I will not be watching baseball tomorrow, as the Cubs, White Sox, Twins, Cardinals, Brewers and Royals are all blacked out across the entirety of the state of Iowa. No point in having an MLB.tv account.

MLB 2023 Season N/V: (Pitch) Clock Me, Amadeus

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Cracking my knuckles gearing up for the cubsposting civil war.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Sydin posted:

Cracking my knuckles gearing up for the cubsposting civil war.

Ken Burns' next docuseries?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/status/1641258363882205185

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

decided to become an Edwin Rios Guy this season.
I really thought he was gonna mash one of those Octobers past, but injuries always derailed him there

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/evandrellich/status/1641259604490297349?s=46&t=HFusjT2oQv6HMi13dmttrw

Better, but man this loving league can afford more than that. Here’s hoping they can keep cranking that up in future CBA’s

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Well Played Mauer posted:

Gonna be a bit strange this year since my dad died last October. His last really lucid day was when Judge hit 62. Kinda weird to be the oldest one in my immediate family to have baseball stories.

Cheers to you and your dad, man. My dad was my biggest baseball bud.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

those are still bullshit salaries but drat they formed a union and instantly doubled all of their money.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bawfuls posted:

https://twitter.com/evandrellich/status/1641259604490297349?s=46&t=HFusjT2oQv6HMi13dmttrw

Better, but man this loving league can afford more than that. Here’s hoping they can keep cranking that up in future CBA’s

this is an awesome first step

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

Yeah came to post this sentiment, good on the players for organizing and getting better pay but those are still some dogshit salaries. Particularly for later round guys or international kids who maybe got a four figure signing bonus if they were lucky and could actually use the income.

R.D. Mangles posted:

those are still bullshit salaries but drat they formed a union and instantly doubled all of their money.

Turns out unions are good (except cop unions) and there's a reason Amazon would rather burn down their own warehouse than recognize a union forming at one.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Good for the MiLB guys

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

R.D. Mangles posted:

They got ripped off. Think of how many video game systems with all the latest hits they could have bought with those unwieldy union dues.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

secular woods sex posted:

I’ve blocked off time on my work calendar every year for the last 5 years so I don’t miss the radio call for the Guardian’s home opener. It makes spring happen.

“And we’re underway at the corner of Carnegie and Ontario!”

Greatest voice in baseball I would listen to that man read the phone book to me. He’s the reason I’ve watched the games on tv for my entire adult life with the sound muted and the radio up.

Seriously, do yourselves a favor and listen to Tom Hamilton highlights on YouTube. The energy and style and passion that man puts into the big moments will give you chills.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

quote:

While standing in front of his new locker in the Cardinals’ clubhouse and answering reporters' questions, Contreras was asked about replacing Molina. In the middle of the question, Contreras reached down behind him, grabbed a cleat, and lifted it for the group of reporters to view.

The cleat featured a design with the phrase “RESPECT4” scrawled across the heel and side, the word respect in white lettering, and Molina’s No. 4 in yellow. There’s also an arch on the side of the shoe that intersects with the letter “c” in respect.

“He owns the city,” Contreras said. “For me, he owns the city. It’s Yadi.”

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I honestly have nothing but respect for Contreras going full heel. Dude got absolutely trashed by the Cubs org on his way out the door and I'm glad he landed somewhere that he's actually loving appreciated.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

yeah, willson seems like he is trying to get booed but i will never be mad at willy and every single thing he's said about the cadinals org being vastly superior to the cubs is factually correct.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Look I get it the Cubs did him dirty and I'm glad he got his money and I will never hate Contreras I still wish he was on the team but RESPECT4 is just uncouth.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Sorry for your loss. Neat you two got to share that moment and I hope he was able to pass some good stories down to you.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Baseball

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4028346

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Popete posted:

I have a closet full of broken baseball bats that I've been trying to figure out something to do with. I think I might make a few of them into mugs but like more normal sized.

When I was a teenager my mom used to stick all my broken bats in the garden with the sunflowers

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

RIP. I definitely understand those sorts of feelings tied to baseball, memory, history. Cherish those feelings even when they can be tough to handle though, they’re special. Baseball!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Kinda weird Moreno has no problem routinely handing out disaster FA contracts yet is dirt cheap everywhere esle

Wait ‘til you find out how people become billionaires

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Red posted:

Wait ‘til you find out how people become billionaires

By having rich parents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..