Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/matttomic/status/1394498097254965249

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Anyone got a link to the MLB.tv sharing thread? I always forget which sub forum it's in.

MEET THE TEAMS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027936

WBC thread - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4026477
https://www.mlb.com/world-baseball-classic
https://www.mlb.com/world-baseball-classic/teams

https://i.imgur.com/w7cOOzL.mp4

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
bring me baseball

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't know if we need a separate WBC thread but if someone wants to make one I will link to it in the OP even though nobody reads them and will ask in the thread if one exists anyway

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Go cubs, gently caress the ricketts, etc etc.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Please do not post the Tungsten Arm tweet it triggers Angels fans on reddit.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't know if we need a separate WBC thread but if someone wants to make one I will link to it in the OP even though nobody reads them and will ask in the thread if one exists anyway

WBC GDT thread would be useful, but I don't think we need another N/V thread, especially since there's usually not a ton going on during ST anyway.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Go Pirates

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

At least one guy gets it

https://twitter.com/nytsports/status/1625489812466835456?s=46&t=I4BGLmXrXq7ST84r5zcdng

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kirios posted:

Please do not post the Tungsten Arm tweet it triggers Angels fans on reddit.

I will never stop posting the Tungsten Arm tweet

well, maybe if they win the World Series

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well, he doesn't get the hair thing

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Jaso is probably a good hang.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
if the angels win the world series, i will never stop posting the Tungsten Arm tweet just to trigger baseball fans on reddit

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I was just looking up what John Jaso was doing last week and couldn't find an update. I'm happy to see he is pursuing his dream of sailing around the world being chill.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Good news for MLB.tv subscribers

https://twitter.com/yayroger/status/1625554200141697033?s=46&t=I4BGLmXrXq7ST84r5zcdng

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
MLB.tv still seems like a bit of a waste unless you’re some diehard who just watches nonstop across the league. If I can’t watch my own team because of blackouts and exclusivity deals then what’s the point?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Big Mean Jerk posted:

MLB.tv still seems like a bit of a waste unless you’re some diehard who just watches nonstop across the league. If I can’t watch my own team because of blackouts and exclusivity deals then what’s the point?

if you live out of market for your favorite team it's probably a good deal since you won't have to deal with blackouts and exclusivity deals

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Just a reminder that the Mariners broke their playoff drought last year, so the current record belongs to Mike Trout.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

if you live out of market for your favorite team it's probably a good deal since you won't have to deal with blackouts and exclusivity deals

Throw "Uses T-Mobile" for their cell carrier into the mix and it's downright the greatest deal of all time. (Except for 100+ 9:00pm start times a year.)

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Very happy for Pitchers & Catchers to be back.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Tony Phillips posted:

Throw "Uses T-Mobile" for their cell carrier into the mix and it's downright the greatest deal of all time. (Except for 100+ 9:00pm start times a year.)

As an Astros fan in the PNW who uses T-Mobile mlb.tv is the greatest thing ever please do not take it away from me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tony Phillips posted:

yeah but then you have T-Mobile

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Negro Leagues stats are now on FanGraphs! Now we can argue over whether to use bWAR or fWAR when comparing Oscar Charleston and Buck Leonard!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It actually is faster up here - I don't think it's faster literally anywhere else in the country but in the PNW it's the quickest:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/fastest-...%204G%20speeds.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

You still have to deal with blackouts when that team plays your "local" team - it's why I have to jump through hoops to see the Royals play in Seattle.

No one should ever have to make an effort to see a Royals/ Mariners game.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Reminder the Astros are the defending champs and they will repeat this year. Yep for sure put all your money on it!

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

MLB.tv is only a problem for me now when the Twins play the Chicago teams, instead of when it was the Chicago teams and Detroit and the Ohio teams when I lived in Fort Wayne. The aforementioned T-Mobile helps a lot in that regard. But I'm actually super jazzed to have MiLB as well. The broadcasts are less obnoxious with promo bullshit, and you get to see a lot of good baseball and baseball players.

You also get some really bad baseball and baseball players, but sometimes a no-stakes game played next to a pole barn scratches an itch you didn't know you had.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I was paying Fubo like $70 a month for access to AT&T Sports Southwest but they very generously and compulsorily added Texas Rangers games to the package at the modest cost of $20 per month and gently caress paying a dime for even the threat of Rangers baseball.

Discussion Question: Is Bobby Valentine doing the mustache thing the single funniest in-game bit that anyone has ever done in MLB? I say yes, but I'm open minded.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
Cincinnati Reds / Oakland A’s dark horse rematch World Series 2023

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I pay $25 to a goon for one of their five spots on an account. I can watch the teams I like because they're not in my blackout and also watch a lot of other games if I want.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Go BJs

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

MLB.tv killer app is being able to put the radio broadcast overlayed on the video flawlessly. Totally owns.

Sucks I can’t use it for my team tho! gently caress you Manfred!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

As an out of market fan it's fine.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Sometimes I read comments

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Obligatory '1 BJ is better than 3 Yanks' comment

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Baseball’s back. We did it.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

This is sick

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I still haven't seen details or dollar figures but the Wacha-Padres contract is reportedly "complex" with multiple seasons and at least one optout.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I pay $25 to a goon for one of their five spots on an account. I can watch the teams I like because they're not in my blackout and also watch a lot of other games if I want.

I live in Iowa, three and a half hours away from Chicago, and MLB.tv blacks me out of Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals and Royals games.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

king poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Timby posted:

I live in Iowa, three and a half hours away from Chicago, and MLB.tv blacks me out of Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals and Royals games.

Both Rangers and Astros games are blacked out not only in every city in Texas, but every state bordering Texas. Well if those people from El Paso would like to see the Astros they should get in their cars and drive 10 hours. Los Angeles is only an eleven hour drive, why not black Dodgers games out? Hell, but for the restrictions, think of all the El Pasoans who might consume D-Backs games in their home and deprive ownership of gate and concession revenue when they could simply drive six hours and a half hours to the park?