Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

this rules they need to set a fast&furious film here and do a sick drift all the way around it

I won't watch it but they should

Maybe they have. You wouldn't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I think the actual anatomical term is "iliac furrows".

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

MeruFM posted:

i like the basikisk because it makes nerds suffer

You say that, but I invented an AI which tortures simulacra of all YOSPOSters for eternity and yet somehow this thread is still going on. Thing doesn't work.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
There's only one feature anybody wants from Discord and it's being indexed by public search engines.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

every self-driving car should have emergency stop buttons speckled on the outside.

You know what needs to make a comeback? Caltrops.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Are there prompt-writing jobs? Is that a role organizations are actively hiring for?

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Wordcel was ill-conceived at best but I highly recommend Microsoft Powerpoutlook.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I'm not sure how explaining that any side of the strike is or is not personal is meant to alter any of the calculus in the negotiations. Writers are going to apply exactly the same logic and aim to get the maximum amount of money for the work they do, is that personal? If writers are striking because they feel mistreated, i.e. it's personal, and dignified treatment doesn't cost the studios anything, but the studios won't do it anyway, doesn't that mean it is personal on the part of the studios? If the studios' behavior is being carried out at huge scale with no thought to the impacted humans, impersonally, doesn't that make it worse? Why does this dick care about whether or not they sound like one?

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
The trick with CSS is to studiously avoid the cascade.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

edit: lmao of course its the same fuckin dude as the is-odd package

Oh yeah this guy, Jon Schlinkert. He is the worst programmer and everybody hates him. If all of his packages were removed from the face of the Earth it would be a net gain. His code is flaky and stupid and less than worthless and almost impossible to eliminate from the ecosystem, because it's insidious, he has so many packages which are of no use but they get used in packages which are of negligible use which then get used in packages which are mildly useful and eventually they get used in packages which everybody uses constantly. So he gets to claim that NASA uses his code.

hbag posted:

is the isOdd package literally just x % 2 !== 0 or does it do something silly

Well as we can see from the code snippet, it:

• has a production dependency on a separate package, is-number (although not the most recent version of it)
  • throws an exception if given a number like 2.5, instead of returning false
  • throws an exception if given a number like 1e20, instead of returning false
  • considers the string "3" to be an odd number and returns true

He also has a package is-even, whose entire implementation is:

JavaScript code:
/*!
 * is-even <https://github.com/jonschlinkert/is-even>
 * Copyright (c) 2015, 2017, Jon Schlinkert.
 * Released under the MIT License.
 */

'use strict';

var isOdd = require('is-odd');

module.exports = function isEven(i) {
  return !isOdd(i);
};

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

rotor posted:

the MDN is super good and whoever is loving it up needs to be stopped with extreme predjudice

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Andor is excellent. I'm a little fearful about the second season.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Carthag Tuek posted:

catturd got spurned lol

Ah, they finally emptied the Twitter tray.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Yeah.

And by the way there is a Banks-authored short story where the Culture contacts Earth, and that's almost what happens. They decide to use us as a control in an experiment to see whether Culture interference is generally a good thing or a bad thing for the civilization in question.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I close all my tabs and all my programs and shut my computer down every night.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I would like to hear more about the rabbit please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Discord? And the company was making so many intelligent, good, popular decisions!