Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNQVLtqOcrc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

we'll know it was Thiel if the corpse was drained of blood

The Chupetercabra

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

I was trying to buy weed with buttcoin in a London pub (getting increasingly frustrated with Coinbase's cooling off period), and the middle aged lady asking about the US just texted her nephew to bring by a £90 bag. The paranoid whatsapp dealer refused to accept anything but btc :goonsay:, his loss

The btc dropped in value right after the deposit cleared a week later

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

qirex posted:

I assume in london 90 squids gets you a dime bag of dirt weed

dry and weak

BMan posted:

untraceable cash? no, I want a permanent record of my transactions for the world to see

he said to use a bitcoin mixer. I tried bitcoin ATMs but the corner store refused to confirm they'd ever had one

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 25, 2023

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Wayne Knight posted:

It's ok to not stare at your phone for periods of time.

mods!?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

infernal machines posted:

it's exactly as good as stack overflow

when we put it to work, where will it look up answers it doesn't know? ChatGPT will probably create an AGI purely so it doesn't have to do any work on its own. truly the son of Man

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

haveblue posted:

who's sam altman

Zuck 2.0

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

goblin week posted:

the worst thing is people who assume that "learning how to code" is like this as a solution to getting a better job. it's something you need a problem first (kinda like you best learn carpentry by needing to make a chair) and there are literally no things i want to code up. all programs exist already

didn't you start coding as a teenager to make your own robots and computer games? I thought that's why everybody gets in

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

BMan posted:

what the gently caress

:shepicide:

yeah we did that, it was entirely 30 min eyecontact sessions scheduled whenever we would have had a little break to recenter

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

correct, it's the Sumerian for "ublock", the origin in fact

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Shame Boy posted:

my theory explains market behavior better than anyone who has ever won a "nobel" ""prize"" in economics

economists shamelessly fabricated the ""nobel" prize" in economics

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

i think llm Current Fad investment is entirely because rich people are thinking "oh my god the tech bubble is collapsing, and we've successfully gutted every cent from the rest of american society. there is nowhere i can put my hoarded wealth anymore. this thing sounds new, quick let's pump it up, i'm desperate to not see number go down"

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRntutn8udw&pp=ygUVbXVzdCBtdXN0YXJkYXlvbm5haXNl

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

has anyone applied to a startup incubator? I'd rather fail due to my own unrealistic expectations vs another Product rear end in a top hat's unrealistic expectations

I tried YCombinator this Spring but they've gotten pathetically conservative and bureaucratic with company ideas

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jun 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

:weed: