Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

yeah i recognized it immediately. wasn't me though :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Ruffian Price posted:

iirc in unmodded Fallout 4 VR you can grab some plot-critical item early on because your motion controller hands phase through glass

it's not plot-critical but it is way more powerful than you should be able to, there's a unique gun behind the highest-level lock in the game right in the starting area and you're supposed to come back later but can just grab it in vr

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

i'm gaming the BMI by getting taller

fun fact weight goes up as a factor of the cube of your height but bmi uses the square instead so you're penalized for being tall :eng101:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

rotor posted:

its too early on a sunday morning, can we fuckin find something else to talk about? failing that, can we please not post?

:cumpolice:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

BROKE: making the tech from that black mirror episode with the dead relatives
WOKE: making the tech from that black mirror episode with the lesbians

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i will simply make Roko's Basilisk But Nice and thus my consciousness will be split between being tormented and living in paradise and will cancel out to boring mediocrity

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Roko's Pittsburgh

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shame Boy posted:

roko's basilisk is nice though, like it's the benevolent AI doing it, for your own good. that's always been the funniest thing about it to me. like they didn't just re-invent religion they re-invented catholicism specifically somehow.

imagining the saints of roko catholicism (elon musk, satoshi nakamoto, pickle rick)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

he transubstantiated himself into bread and wine! funniest poo poo ive ever seen

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Casual Encountess posted:

something i really like about this forum in the past 5 years is things have generally mellowed out and we are mostly grownups now. i like yospos because yall are the funny kind of lovely to each other and not the sad angry kind. like its actually possible to have a mostly good day on the internet hanging out here and i really appreciate yall. even tori (pbuh)

:vd:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Gnossiennes posted:

re: adhd brains: this seems like a decent use of a chatbot: https://goblin.tools/

this is neat but also i put in a simple task as a test (doing laundry) and it spat out ten subtasks and immediately i felt my anxiety ping :v:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

in a well actually posted:

congratulations, you invented slashdot reddit

+5, Insightful

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i personally prefer android because the pixel Just Works as well as an iphone and im less locked into a stupid ecosystem with it. also it has a very easy universal back "button" of sorts (pull from left edge, also has an equivalent for forward) and on every iphone ive used i had to learn how to go back for each individual app and just lol

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

mystes posted:

The one thing I can't get my head around about Samsung is why, if you were determined to spend as much money on a phone as possible, you wouldn't get an iphone

I hope this doesn't result in a lot of angry android users yelling "but we deserve expensive things too" at me like when I occasionally make the mistake of posting in the Chromebook thread

my sister has one of the new folding samsungs and its an absolute piece of poo poo and i dont know why she has it

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

slice and dice is another good mobile game, and slay the spire and dicey dungeons both have decent ports. other than that there's, uh, square enix rpgs I guess???

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Jonny 290 posted:

nobody wants to wear a fuckin smartphone goggle when they're beating their dick

speak for you're self!!!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

BMan posted:

what the gently caress

:shepicide:

we do this with a slack bot, totally opt-in, thirty minutes once a week with a random coworker. idk it's a nice way to have a human conversation with a coworker where no one says the word "jira"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shame Boy posted:

we just do this the normal way without needing special tools, by PM'ing each other to poo poo talk customers

that works fine if i want to talk to another engineer but there's lots of folks at the studio i don't regularly work with and its nice to talk to them

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shame Boy posted:

did everyone already forget that the xbox one will let you order pizza by yelling at it

remember everquest's /pizza command

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

hobbesmaster posted:

I mean, it is if you want to maximize profit so that’s what we’ll continue to get

line's gotta go up

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Internet Janitor posted:

i usually go with "surviving"

"i'm here"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

crushing a code one with the boys

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Eeyo posted:

i heard a commercial for xfinity 10g, I bet that’s like 5 times worse than 5g

fun fact 10g isn't even a branding trick for a mobile network, it's what they're calling their 10gb fiber service. i got curious and looked it up and lolled/lmaoed

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i also smoke weed, op

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Buck Turgidson posted:

I'd like to attempt it but I am not good enough at stopping on hills yet

this is from last page but skates with toe stops are pretty easy to stop on hills with if you learn how to transition (rotating your body 180 while remaining in motion)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

goblin week posted:

ofc you’d say that you had a head start :rolleye:

i had a very hard time learning to do that and my joke the whole time was "it is unfair that I have to do this again"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Grace Baiting posted:

just rotate your gender 180 while your life remains in motion

closing my eyes and rotating a 3d gender in my mind

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Grace Baiting posted:

i rotate via gendernions, to avoid gimbal lock

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shame Boy posted:

"I found that on ChatGPT" is such a great, ominous statement that I bet I'm going to be seeing a hell of a lot from now on

the number of people who don't realize that chatgpt isn't a search engine frankly terrify me

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i had a popeyes biscuit earlier this week and it was good

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

im gay

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

someone keeps adding sa smilies to my work slack and idk who and i am nowhere near asking who lmao

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

aardvaard posted:

if you go to the page to add custom emotes it'll list who added each one.

i added a bunch to my work's slack but i hope for your sake that you don't work here.

do you work in gamedev y/n

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

aardvaard posted:

...yes, kinda, it's a startup that's pretending not to be a video game company to get that sweet vc cash

lol well if it's any consolation that doesn't describe my studio so you're in the clear

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Jonny 290 posted:

why go there when we can just go to SAD and get it for free

lol

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

pancakegraphics

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

frenchtoastjpegs

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

the problem with ~the metaverse~ is that we never got a cogent pitch as to why the gently caress we should care. we already have several online spaces that functionally behave not unlike the metaverse as pitched, places like world of warcraft or eve online or second life. but whereas those all have specific pitches (be a cool fantasy guy with cool loot who fights monsters, be a space capitalist, or have cybersex with furries) there was never any pitch for the facebook metaverse besides, uh, i guess you can wear a headset and have meetings?? even ignoring the weird infatuation with vr tech, a neat toy that has yet to prove itself out for a practical usage for the vast majority of people, the metaverse still remained a weird space with no explanation of why i, a 33yo computer toucher, should care, let alone my 70yo parents or my 40yo stay-at-home mom sister. it was never for anyone besides investors, and it turns out that if you're making a product you have to get the potential consumers to care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

mystes posted:

Since only furries like vrchat type apps, Meta's biggest mistake was not trying to turn everyone into a furry first

you joke but legitimately the fact that meta's pitched metaverse was doomed to only exist as the sterile and brand-friendly apple store vision of the future was a huge turn-off. second life is interesting because of its laissez-faire attitude towards the things people do in it, facebook would never have let people run actual goddamn brothels inside it