Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

mystes posted:

Well when you put it like that maybe he should be pretty worried about chatgpt

it can't be any worse at investing than the people currently doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

it rules watching literal billionaires devolve into raving 4chan incels

and by it rules I mean we're all doomed

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

he HAD TO take an uber because of VERY IMPORTANT zoom calls

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

can't have the peasants on the train hear my VERY IMPORTANT AND PRIVATE ZOOM CALL

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

it's ok for the uber driver to hear it though because I don't acknowledge their existence

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

jfc this couple

quote:

Before she met Malcolm, Simone was convinced she wanted to live her life single and child-free. But when she was 24, she decided to have her heart broken once just to say she'd done it. As she does with all her goals, she created a system: She made a profile on OKCupid, where a picture of her dressed as a Stormtrooper in a sultry pose was catnip for the nerds of Silicon Valley, and rated her dates out of 50. After a string of 16s, Malcolm scored a 42. She made him promise to break up with her after four months. "I resent being in love with him," she said. "I was so disturbed when I fell for him."

A year and a half later, Malcolm proposed to her via a viral campaign that landed on the front page of Reddit.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

why do they need funding, I thought they were just going to overwhelm the earth with exponential growth

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I've never met any kind of electronic faucet that wasn't a huge piece of poo poo

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

FMguru posted:

looks like dilbertman regularly gets taken to the cleaners by what i assume are camgirls
https://twitter.com/BlakeTapper/status/1521119644488290304
imagine admitting that you surrendered your wallet to the Wallet Inspector five or more times

let me guess, the number of times changes depending on how crypto is doing that week

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I'm pretty sure this is just his very dumb way of retiring

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1549062698213658624?lang=en

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

much of the userbase is simply there, irrespective of the current leadership, how it got there, and what its whims are. this was true before and after the great muskrat dallied in. twitter is, or was, a big pot. extremely online types may have left in a huff, but those are a tiny minority. people who even pay attention to news about the platform are a minority

reminder that pre-musk twitter deliberately did not ban nazis, except in germany where they were legally required to

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

rotor posted:

i have heard from people who i would not immediately dismiss as idiots or cranks at large companies saying theyre letting chatgpt-like machines write their unit tests.

I mean, you should if they're doing that

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

https://twitter.com/ThePrimeagen/status/1628047727866126336?s=20

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

yeah, can for sure work. and ultimately it is a very human interface which i appreciate. my father lost his eyesight for 6 months from a medical complication, and siri was a great boon for him at the time.

partly that is the kind of basis i have for believing in the value of gpt models, we're talking human communication. even though the high profile demos are bad the effects are already good, and there's almost certainly more to come.

I can't wait until virtual assistants integrate gpt and we start seeing videos of people's phones spewing deranged nonsense in an audible voice

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

nobody washes their sheets that often what the gently caress

Big Laundry wishes they did obviously

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Carthag Tuek posted:

i just live in filth, works4me wontfix

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

quote:

The inventory has filled the company's warehouses to the brim, forcing Funko to rent storage containers to hold the excess product. And now, the product is worth less than it costs to keep on hand.

storage wars but every unit is stacked floor to ceiling with funkos

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

they really did it, they made a pop of every character that ever existed and are moving on to inanimate objects

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I do not believe that anyone could enjoy a funko pop

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

the gundam is also over a foot tall, which makes it cheaper than funko pops by volume

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

post hole digger posted:

what the gently caress

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Gnossiennes posted:

idk, i can't make fun of funko pops that much because many years ago, i spent like $100 on two yuri on ice nendoroids and they make me happy whenever i see em.

you can make fun of them because they're ugly

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

let a hundred yandere chatbots bloom

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

amazing, it's like they're really in the room with me

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I would say that the crystal clear sign to pull all your money out is when the bank is called "silicon valley bank"

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

we'll do all the banking for a sector famous for its bullshit, surely nothing can go wrong

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

forbe

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

am I supposed to know who that is

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Beeftweeter posted:

are they seriously serving an impossible burger patty as steak

lmao

I guess that's what happens when you tell a steakhouse that they have to provide a vegan option

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

econony 📉

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

one weird trick (the fed hates him)

1. get the loan for your lovely old treasuries
2. buy shiny new treasuries
3. default on the loan

bam, you just upgraded your treasuries for free

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

infernal machines posted:

which company was called sbf?

there was ftx, which was run by sbf

people are corporations, friend

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Agile Vector posted:

can we at least talk about how Facebook Life looks like Second Life circa 2005 on a celeron? i know it has to run on an android chipset or whatever, but plenty of games run on the same chipset without looking like half-life .25

it seems like nobody involved knows what a texture is

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

why are birth rates declining :iiam:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

"we may use regex as one of several tools like machine learning"

lmao

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

wow! it's just like spike johnson's "she"!

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Analytic Engine posted:

The paranoid whatsapp dealer refused to accept anything but btc :goonsay:, his loss

untraceable cash? no, I want a permanent record of my transactions for the world to see

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I mean it's less than 1% of the people they're firing so...

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

you'll never light so much as a single billion on fire with 50 people so why bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

what are the useful applications of LLMs, everything I've seen so far is either frivolous (AI dungeon, smut) or actively harmful (blogspam, misinformation, writing buggy code)