Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the actual thing to do for copilot is to sit around and wait for the lawsuit barrage to be finished and judicial opinions to come out imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
medieval lords just did primogeniture

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
then again, medieval lords often really valued chastity in pretty good faith, sorta dissipating in the early modern era. you can't assume a modern american elite person believes in their own putative religion in good faith tho

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
wealth and power is their actual religion, the putative one is jesus or whatever

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hey those quiverfull christian nutjobs kids all turned out fine right

right

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
gonna start sieg heiling 17 hours after release

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
eugenicists with diagnosed mental disorders. amazing. clayton bigsby-level.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i hope you kept on diversifying from your rsu's from the last time you mentioned that you did that

there's no such thing as job security in this business. the execs and investors ripped out their "dont defect" button from their side of the iterated prisoners dilemma and put a brick on the "defect" button, thats the rub. hope you get your interviewing mojo back

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
condolences if you got the Job Insecure Fear. i just live with it all the time forever but i am a weirdo who chooses it, obviously most peeps hate it

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
goog, fb have debt to equity of sub 0.1. apple is at 1.75ish, microsoft at 0.25ish. compare to mariott at 17 or colgate at 75

oracle is a promising one at -20x ratio (negative shareholder equity). also the ratio might not be it, it might just be debt amount or some other thing. also i have a raging hatred of larry ellison like any other sane peep should

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 25, 2023

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

anime was right posted:

watch it be microstrategy, again

no contagion with anyone important tho

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can explain most things about scott adams if you learn he was management at bell, not line eng. the pointy haired boss was him all along

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Beeftweeter posted:

really not understanding this trend of making brand names unreadable

its selling to execs at the company who think about the brand all day every day vs selling to us randos who give 0 fucks about the brand

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
really, chaebol-zaibatsu is the ordinary form of megacorp and its an anglo and west europe aberration that anglo and eueo-style megacorps are done the way they are

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 26, 2023

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i sent out emails to the 7 sydneys, sidneys, etc i know givin em condolences cuz a tech major jacked their name, like the 2 or 3 alexas i know

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
https://www.statista.com/chart/13907/babies-named-alexa/

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
it'll be whack-a-mole with the names until they consolidate on giving them weirdo names that peeps don't give their kids like cortana

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theres already a transformer based language model in there almost certainly

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i got a buckwheat pillow on a western style bed

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
scrunch scrunch while i sleep

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah, lol if your wife bought a pillow from the cocaine trmup man

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
belize has an extradition treaty. the nicest countries that dont are vietnam, indonesia, taiwan, some euro microstates, emirates and kuwait, but shes high profile enough that they might send a diplomat to ask for her and prolly any of em would give her up. you need active hostility, so prolly more like prc or russia

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 2, 2023

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
iirc arlington didnt give poo poo except upon receipt of tax revenue so they made a deec decision

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
54 cad is not surprisingly cheap, christ

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
presented without comment

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Unicorn-Gundam-Banshee-Action/dp/B010NCGUFI

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Tau-Manta

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can get a real working 155mm unguided howitzer shell for 1800 usd in peaceful times (viz., not now, shits like 5 grand rn)

i guess thats some comment

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Shaggar posted:

all IPOs in the last like 20 years have been last ditch scrambles for funding

google and amazon seem like actual profitable ongoing concerns

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

drat i thought of postin that

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
this is inherent in all banking, which is why banking is regulated to poo poo. all banking is pennies in front of the steamroller

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
corpo account fdic insurance is 250k, same as individual. but obviously thats a ridiculously large amount for individuals and almost certainly will be exceeded by lots of corps, especially startups-qua-startups that get wired $single digit millions for investment on the regular

lotsa places do convertible bonds or other less-scary-than-wiring-fuckoff-amount-of-money-to-peeps-account financial instruments tho

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 10, 2023

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
equities of bank corps across the board seem to be eating poo poo, not just svb

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if you are in a run, you are forced to participate in the run, by the fact of there being a run. thats the steamroller

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
god, what a douchebag that guy is

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
he suborned his editor to not lookin at his poo poo at some point iirc

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they dont lend money to startups and vcs, they take deposits from em. they buy treasuries and mortgage backed securities (so they lend to the feds and rando homeowners, still indirectly)

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 10, 2023

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
treasury prices for the periods they bought em for went down cuz the new treasuries for the new periods pay way more cuz the fed raised rates

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
what, the unnatural financialization of a literal actual bank?

this is a pure play bank run that fuckin randos from the 1870s would have recognized. just enjoy the lols

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
altho they dont have retail branches iirc so you dont get nice weird rear end theater of giant fuckin piles of physical money and everyone being forced to dress as formally as possible

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
im a few blocks from their sf hq right now so lets go see if theres lols there

prolly not, its also fuckin pissin rain here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost