Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

kdrudy posted:

And Zune Pass was better then any other music subscription.

zune software was also significantly better than itunes in every way. not that that is a difficult task or anything though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

madmatt112 posted:

I’ll be dead before I move to the BC interior; the banjos are even louder than they are here…

we’re looking around Nanaimo, cause Victoria is laughably priced. sadly.

there's a lot of yeehaw here for sure, but it gets insane in the summer when all the albertans show up. my down payment was what an entire house should cost, but other than that i am loving it. massive step up over saskatoon, which was a massive step up over san francisco :lol:

nanaimo is cool, but the island is certainly not free of weirdos. last february victoria was rammed full of convoy psychos every weekend. pretty near every car on the highway from vic to nanaimo was heading into town to honk their horn.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

FMguru posted:

not just pausing or shrinking but eliminating its entire metaverse division

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1640537971748118529

:rip:

i heard it got shut down when a higher up found out that nobody on the team knew what a metaverse was other than just real life in vr but worse in every way

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Sapozhnik posted:

i played Alyx in continuous motion mode. there was some vertigo at first but i got used to it pretty quickly and managed to play it for hours at a time. had to play standing though since there's a lot of emphasis on bobbing around and ducking in and out of cover but playing "conventional" games with an HMD seems like it would be quite doable as long as the engine is amenable to having a full 6DoF camera crowbarred into it

you'd probably end up leaning through walls a lot though

i tried continuous motion and couldn’t get used to it - almost immediate nausea. even after upgrading to a new machine and getting higher framerates. I still haven’t finished the stupid thing cause it’s too scary :(

boneworks was another game I was looking forward to but I couldn’t make it out of the tutorial without wanting to vomit

walkabout owns tho

dc3k fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 5, 2023

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
i cant wait for car software where it detects if youve jailbroken it to steal the heated steering wheel feature it locks you inside the car and drives to a police station and starts honking

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
ive always wanted a 64x64 monochrome display projected onto my hand. i am excited for this lovely future

they also have one of those nonsense web urls where you cant find it unless you already know it https://hu.ma.ne/

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
holy gently caress that place is cheap. living next to a graveyard would own too

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Captain Foo posted:

i know someone that bought a Tesla in 2023. it is their second Tesla
lol

how many of hteir family members died when the first one caught fire and locked them inside?

did they drive to the funeral in the new tesla?

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
a bajillion dollars for a condo like that and you dont even get a patio lol. sf stinks like piss and poo poo anyways but still

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
ipfs will get popular when someone posts the "ipfsrs - ipfs re-written in rust" thread on hn and they all high five over how great it is

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
amazon tries to get me to sign up for a credit card every time i order anything. they say i’ll get $25 in FREE MONEY if i do it

also for a while i was getting $5 off every order because the “guaranteed delivery date” would change between when i ordered and when it shipped lol

amazon is dumb

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

DELETE CASCADE posted:

as a user, when i click a call to action in an email alert, and i get redirected to a login page, after logging in, i am delighted to see the homepage instead

best buy (and dell and many others) do this really cool and good thing where they detect that you're browsing the .com from canada and helpfully redirect you from the product page you're looking at to the .ca homepage. it's great. i really enjoy trying to find what i was just looking at using their annoying search tool

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

fisting by many posted:

i presume that whole thing was caused by one canadian complaining about the price (in canadian dollars) being higher than what it was on the website (in US dollars)

and to them i want to say, thanks, dick.

most of hte time the US version of the site wont even ship to canada so idk. if people would properly localize their loving ecommerce poo poo so $69.69 shows up as US$69.69 for people with non-us browser locales things would be a lot easier but that requires effort so good luck everybody else

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
i like to think i am mostly literate when it comes to tech buzzwords but i have literally no idea what "345m parameter" means. or gptwhatever and it's 8000 billion parameter model. i dont like that i am out of touch!

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
porsche unleashed was awesome

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

drat and it was only weeks ago i finished this year’s kevin mitnick security awareness training. apparently for the last time

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
I know I wouldn’t be taking security advice from a ghost

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
i enjoy my computer touching job a lot. sv vc money funded, but nowhere near sv or even in america, so very very little of the fuckhead culture. it's rad. especially when comparing to my job in sf. im gonna touch computers here until the culture erodes or i retire/die. hell yeah.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Luigi Thirty posted:

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/cruise-cars-reportedly-block-first-responders-18343475.php?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=sfgate

those self driving cruise cars blocked in an ambulance trying to take a crash victim to the hospital and he died

he was a pedestrian though so he probably deserved it (too poor to own a car, maybe on drugs)

7th is busy as gently caress at rush hour. so is harrison. what a great place to have a bunch of idiot cars that are incapable of getting out of the way

i got hit by a car on 7th a few blocks down from harrison in 2017. the ambulance came the wrong way down some little back alley street thing and we left in a similar way

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

he's probably very confused and wondering why burning men are complaining about it being too wet outside

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Today’s update is centered around a new format called “Chats.”

lmfao

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
e; nvm, im way behind

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
I want to know what happened to fan girl

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
i get yt premium for $2 a month because i vpn’d to argentina and used a random hotel’s address as my billing address when i signed up. no idea how it worked with an invalid billing address but whatever idgaf.

that + sponsor block = sane youtube

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
what the gently caress is a ballsday wish

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

rotor posted:

serious tho did the guy get fired or what? i never got closure on that.

yeah he got fired. whether or not he got paid out per his contract is a mystery (lol no it isn't)

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
https://twitter.com/SuhailKakar/status/1727208574886228296

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
idk if this has been posted but lol/lmao/etc

https://nitter.net/brianjoseff/status/1743365080669204584

500 down for a maybe eventual price of 5000 dollars for a linux skin running on hardware that will most definitely be outdated by the time it ships. sign me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
for a moment i thought titty shirt subway arm man was an example of the messed up ai thing