Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

ADINSX posted:

My fitness routine got major disrupted after the baby. It’s stabilizing a bit now but it’s hard.

This happened to me and now i’ve made the situation worse by having a 2nd.

lol at having free time to exercise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

infernal machines posted:

in fairness, journalists largely stopped reporting news about 12 years ago and started reporting twitter instead

I mean this tracks… newspapers are broke. there is very few permeant staff. most of the pieces that get written and published are done by freelancers who get paid peanuts. no one has the time or the money to IRL investigate anything. going on your computer and quoting twitter is the best anyone can do.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

The only “reoccurring revenue” kitchen appliance i can think of that makes any sort of sense is a Mr. Coffee drip pot that has existed for 50 years.

Also there is a reasonable amount of competition with the “consumables”

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Oh, Elon will make his Twitter expenditure back in no time!

edit: misread

he did. since the twitter purchase. his tesla stock has increased in value by like 67 billion. the twitter money did not significantly screw him over. he could do it all over again if he wanted

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

They also have the biggest god drat pile of cash imaginable and just beat the FTC antitrust case for their Activision purchase.

so MS could conceivably purchase any and all future competitors for the foreseeable future. no need to be competitive or have good products. if someone else comes up with that stuff. just buy them out and squash it.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

infernal machines posted:

sounds like a success to me

funny enough. seems like canceling it made those few expert witnesses position’s even more lucrative so congrats to those folks for reading the room correctly.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

TerminalRaptor posted:

God I bet the ven diagram of people who own horses and people who will spend loads of money on stupid tech poo poo for their horses is almost a perfect circle.

they’re still busy spending huge sums of money on luxury trucks and horse trailers to show off at the next meetup/rodeo.

on the other hand. the only person I ever saw own a webtv back in the 90’s was a rancher who bread races horses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

fart simpson posted:

is he the most powerful man on earth or sth?

more people subscribe to his youtube channel than there are subscribers to all the major US newspapers combined

its pretty funny