Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that thread was pre-covid yall suck =/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

I still don’t get what all the phrenology racist brainlords think should be done about the white birth “crisis,” I’ve never seen one of them advocate for making it less financially ruinous to have a kid, or for healthcare outcomes for pregnant people to improve

they are blue maga and believe in trump's 'race horse theory' where if you take a successful man and a successful woman and mash their bits together they will have a successful child. thats it. and of course, they're always the successful parents to be.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

they go into their choice of eyeglass frames in the article even.

read if you want to be super bummed out

https://www.businessinsider.com/pronatalism-elon-musk-simone-malcolm-collins-underpopulation-breeding-tech-2022-11

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its narcissism. they think idiocracy is a documentary. the only value they have to the world is their mba or whatever and one way to (incorrectly) rationalize away the the "well getting a successful career and making money is a lottery but biased against women and poc" is telling yourself the powerball winners are stored in your balls

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shame Boy posted:

ok but if those 10 kids then also have 10 kids in 10 years and those 10 kids have 10 kids soon the entire volume of the observable universe will be my superior genetic material

they unironically make this argument in the first bit of the article, yes.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you can't assume a modern american elite person believes in their own putative religion in good faith tho

that couple goes into how they are 'secular calvinists' i am not making this up

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

mystes posted:

I don't have any issue with them being the way they are around each other and I don't even really care if they post weird eugenicists screeds online or whatever, but I'm a little concerned for their children especially if their stated goal is to have as many children as possible

The problem is that they are literally puppets of Peter Thiel and his ilk (like, actual documented financial and social connections) and their dream is to replace schools with schools for only kids of parents like them (rich, Good Genes) and workhouses for the rest. this cohort has a shitload of deeply rooted financial, social and legislative power, and it should be all of our sworn duties to give them swirlies and pants them at EVERY possible opportunity

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

BMan posted:

why do they need funding, I thought they were just going to overwhelm the earth with exponential growth

they want to run $100k/year grade schools for their little 0.1 percenter children that you have to be a mensa member to join

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah, actual interest rates mean no free gambles on IPOs, and the layoff wave backs that up.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
scott made his money, he can say anything he wants for the rest of his life and will still take his last breath on a golden bed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
what was it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
old tech logos can be great

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
bounced when they gave joe rogan one hundred million dollarydoos, yeah

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
scott i officially give you a stack of ten n-word passes. start using them asap

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i sent out emails to the 7 sydneys, sidneys, etc i know givin em condolences cuz a tech major jacked their name, like the 2 or 3 alexas i know

cringe

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I just got an uber advert for 20% off train fairs lol what

theyve pushed this in denver a few times. they want the data so they can push discounts for actual ubers and murder mass transit a bit more

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im using https://merrysky.net/ for desktop. its delightfully stripped down

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it gives me the weather in a format that is easy to read so i dont really give a poo poo tbh

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
which is exactly why its good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
drat that's good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
weighted cover for the cover for the weighted blanket

just 127 pounds of buckwheat smothering u in bed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nothin like dryin the duvet and cover on the line in the sunshine on a spring day. so fluffy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

i just think it’s funny to have done something like that exactly once. reminds me of when a roommate asked me where the dumpster was, 8 months into us living together, revealing that he had never yet taken the trash out

was it the guy that xi welded up the apartment door of maybe?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
coulda been one of those chinese police departments theyre setting up in amherst or w/e

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
duvet covers are great and as long as you get a cover + comforter with the ties and loops they dont bunch up. works4me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have an enormous pile of floofy things on the bed. way too many pillows. you can just dive in like a bed bath & beyond scrooge mcduck

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
a lot of companies sell the industrial scrap pillows and only one of them says its the american patriot's true pillow. the memory foam chunk pillows are fine as long as you dont buy em from crackhead mike

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shame Boy posted:

so do rich people just get to report for prison when they feel like it or something

oh yeah there's a whole subset of lawdogs that specialize in helping you establish a paper orphanage so you can get on work release or w/e

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you never, ever, ever buy a one way ticket.

you buy round trip and just plan to not make the flight back

this is fleeing billionaire 101 stuff

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if i ever have a spare 14 grand and its in stock im buyin it

almost 3 feet tall

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

thats why boa shares ate poo poo, cuz boa actually only has like 30, 40% of business deposits under the insurance limit, iirc. so thats the next domino if theres a domino.

a bank of america branch manager looked me in the eye and said "your credit card hasn't arrived for nine weeks because the factory ran out of plastic for it" with a straight face

i hope they fail and everybody that hitched their horse to them goes down with em.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
why would you do that lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
back in my day we just jacked 100M of bearer bonds from a vault in nakatomi plaza

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
not really sure who cremob is though. did they used to post here?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
and now elon isnt going to shut the gently caress up ever about turning twitter into a bank

tweets like "Deposits secured by social influence. Will be allowing deposit holders to downvote bank accounts if not impressed with returns"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

fractional reserve banking is fine, you might as well be mad about leaving the gold standard.

can i? please?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ive decided to get inordinately mad about fractional reserve banking, as a stunt

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

feelin a little targeted here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp