Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

pretty sure the "step-" thing only appeals to people who don't have a sibling of the opposite sex and might have fantasized about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

The Fool posted:

hello fellow "single digit body fat in their 20's" I am now 41 and technically obese despite best efforts so good luck

hell yeah same for me though i'm not obese yet just well on the way there despite skipping breakfast and cycling a lot.

stopping cigarettes and having a baby really threw me off

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

fart simpson posted:

50 gallons of sweet baby rays

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

post hole digger posted:

“use chat gpt to increase your productivity” is such a funny juxtaposition against “I think a lot of people are half assing it around here “

https://youtu.be/IPuZGC0DFr8

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

i think llms and generative ai will significantly change the way we interact with computers in the next 5 years the same way the iphone put a smartphone in everyone's hands

why would my grandma need to click some buttons, type on a keyboard or learn some basic virtual postcard template program when she could just talk to her computer instead?

laughing at the idea of the ceo of openai begging governments to regulate them though, that's just fomo investor hype bullshit

go play outside Skyler fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 30, 2023

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

fermun posted:

one of those lyft bike share electric assist bikes has been locked up on a charging station directly outside my work since at least monday morning, loudly beeping every second due to some kind of error. it's driving me insane. everyone in the office has emailed/called lyft to get them to send someone to get the bike, and while lyft has acknowledged that it's been reported, they said it can take up to 10 business days for a technician to come out.

multiple times a day a van comes by to restock bikes here but the guys that pick up bikes to deliver to charging racks that are low on bikes can't pick up bikes with errors to take them to their warehouse for repair, apparently, so it's just constant beeping.

just get some wire cutters and do the needful

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

post hole digger posted:

copy and pasting youtube links into the new reply text box and clicking preview reply to watch them ad-free.

also allows you to launch the mini player and do something else

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

great, i'm in the process of cancelling subscriptions i don't use or getting cheaper versions of the ones i do. looks like the excuse i finally need to cancel netflix, which i use less than once a month

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

we solved the problem of having to cool superconductors by having to heat them to 127C. great

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

can somebody post the google meets/hangouts rebrand copy pasta

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

municipal/public owned housing isn't all that perfect either, in singapore for example it creates a lot of problems that i'm too high to talk about right now. class divide and xenophobia come to mind. also they all look the same

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

for the 2nd year in a row i see a 20$ charge on my credit card that says it's from google.

i do not pay anything to google and there is nothing in my account history. maybe i just forgot about some other account or something but i just want to know who made this purchase. i don't give a poo poo about the details i just want them to tell me "this is not a charge from us" or "this charge is from us for account XX or service XX".

if you dig deep enough you can find a form to fill out and report the charge. i did it both times and again i just get an automated e-mail saying they "were unable to confirm fraudulent activity"

i guess the only logical next step is to make a claim with my card issuer? it pisses me off that google can continue having 0 customer support of any kind with absolutely no consequences

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

infernal machines posted:

also, if you have a google account of any kind that charge was related to, it will probably get permanently locked

nice, always top tier support from google

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

the trick to going to the hardware store for fixing your own plumbing is to
- understand there's 3/4", 1/2" and 1" standards
- have a clear mental map of what's female and what's male and to take as many photos as you can before leaving
- take with you whatever you can to try screwing the thing into the other thing
- buy a bit more than what you need and keep the receipt so you can return what you didn't need

i did all the plumbing for my workshop which includes 2 sinks, a dishwasher and removing an old water heater. i've yet to install a new one but for that i might ask a pro because i know you need to be careful with emergency pressure release valves and stuff.

before testing your poo poo dry everything with a towel and then turn on the water supply. if it's still dry after 5 minutes there's no reason for a leak to appear later.

disclaimer: i have a plumber friend who i send photos of my plumbing to, who can tell me if o did something wrong. so far he's never had anything to say about it other than 👍

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

remember my story of the 20$ google charge?

i filed a claim to my bank, and now they are saying that "i passed a contract with google" that allows them to charge my card, and now i need to prove i resigned.

like, shouldn't the burden of proof be on their side? i'm going to have a field day with this.

the truth is more important than 20 bucks. kind of hesitating to ask my lawyer to deal with this poo poo, even if it costs me 500$

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

echinopsis posted:

javascript feels like a language where you can get profoundly hosed up on datura and code something and it might still work

i wrote most of my start-up's original nodejs code stoned out of my mind in a basement with a friend and it worked surprisingly well, as long as you put the npm start command in an endless loop to make sure it would restart whenever it crashed

i remember being super efficient after the first few puffs, then thinking i needed to refactor something, spending 3 hours confused as gently caress and eventually getting lost and forgetting how i got there in the first place. yet it still somehow worked

one time my buddy and i both got scabies after he returned from dominican republic, and the town dermatologist really would not believe us when we told him we did not have sex.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

echinopsis posted:

interesting and relevant addition to the story

scabies is trending where I live and anecdotally it seems like the most common treatment is just failing like it never used to, and I checked online and this has been noticed by many people

treatment resistance scabies — gently caress

if you get scabies ask your dermatologist to get you both the ivermectin pills and the cream. my scabies resisted to pills even after taking treatment twice and it was the combination that finally got em.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

i like how sometimes i switch to a different chat and it starts typing backwards

i just love how when you want to post a code snippet, the first field that's in focus is the name of the code snippet, instead of the actual textarea to post the snippet, as if anybody is ever doing that

but hey at least now with the new teams you can full screen a video directly in the app - which used to require going to a webpage, have the video start playing in 240p, then having to press the HD button and fiddling with the scrubber until it finally decided to actually load the high resolution video

i think none of the devs working on teams are actually using teams

e: i also like how they still don't have a way to annotate during a screen sharing session

go play outside Skyler fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Dec 14, 2023

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

i wonder how long they plan to have this "new" badge on the teams and outlook icons. on macos you can change it but lol, that thing has been there for like a month now.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

SO DEMANDING posted:

yeah this has bit me once or twice

anyone who says anything good about teams is brain damaged, kind of like people who would say good things about lotus notes

the only good thing about teams is that it comes for free with the 360 subscription or w/e

but that might change soon since the eu said that's anti-competitive, lol

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

you can copy the icon from the old teams and replace it so the NEW badge goes away

https://dev.to/pujux/annoyed-by-microsoft-teams-new-icon-heres-the-solution-3ol0

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

i wonder what kind of deranged pm mind would make the decision to call the app "Teams (work or school)"

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

do we support threads embed yet?

https://www.threads.net/@jordanreviewsittt/post/C1_KIWIOYYy/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

quote:

WebMD’s parent company posted this (now deleted) video mocking their remote employees, threatening them to come back into the office.At the end, “we mean business” and “don’t mess with us” flashed across the screen.

e: guess not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty9nYJO-njk

go play outside Skyler fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 12, 2024

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

i will never not laugh at this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

i think people who go to drive thrus and eat in their car are disgusting

it's not like it takes more than 10 loving minutes to gobble down a big mac menu just take a loving break from driving

what i'm saying is everyone using drive thrus deserves the ai generated problems that are coming to them