Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

also you have to factor in that everyone says they will be the guy who doesn’t succumb to lifestyle inflation and live like they did when they made 35k, but then they buy a decent table saw or a nice bottle of wine or do that first overseas holiday where they stay in a hotel instead of backpacking then all of a sudden they ‘can’t live’ on less than 250k. most people spend their money.

it's weird seeing (basically) your salary being used as an example of poverty wage who can only affort to go backpacking on vacation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

fart simpson posted:

what it like not being able to afford a nice bottle of wine?

luckily kilju is pretty affordable

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Shifty Pony posted:

highly recommend, although it makes you get cold easy.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
I had to wear a hoodie, sweatpants and socks at home this winter after losing almost 40kg over the past 3 years

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
now my mom will call me her special handsome little boy forever :unsmith:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I dream that there are good posts here but constantly wake up to the nightmare reality

oh, you must have clicked on the little ? under your avatar. easy mistake to make

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

aardvaard posted:

oh thank god it's not just me

horniness: the great motivator

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
there is also another motivator: being funny on the internet. "why did i spend 3 hours making this thing?" and then you post the thing and someone quotes it with a lol :unsmith:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Eeyo posted:

there are bridges being built today that will crumble and kill hundreds of people because an engineer asked chatgpt a technical question.

it's this

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Shame Boy posted:

you see a turtle lying on its back in the desert, but you're not sure how many t's are in the word turtle. why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
akamight