Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

once the laser module on my 'cube failed I figured no sense in letting a good motor go to waste... anyway, here, it opens the garage door. oh, and try holding down the Z button when you turn it on for a little easter egg :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arch Nemesis posted:

once the laser module on my 'cube failed I figured no sense in letting a good motor go to waste... anyway, here, it opens the garage door. oh, and try holding down the Z button when you turn it on for a little easter egg :cool:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arch Nemesis posted:

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arch Nemesis posted:

lol

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oh your farmer dad took you to the abbatoir when you were seven? Boo loving hoo. I came home to play Fable 2 and my oba had hollowed out my Xbox to prepare a cauldron of Goulash and called me a Peruvian cossack when I said it was 4/10

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Oh your farmer dad took you to the abbatoir when you were seven? Boo loving hoo. I came home to play Fable 2 and my oba had hollowed out my Xbox to prepare a cauldron of Goulash and called me a Peruvian cossack when I said it was 4/10

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

long-haired buff freak named gregshemash offering you a blunt he rolled between the c-stick and the analog stick of a gamecube controller

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Back during the Cold War I used to travel to East Berlin with a suitcase full of Tiger Game.coms… needless to say I came back with quite a few Ostmarks ;)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

EmmyOk posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

I also spent an arm and a leg getting an original gamecube controller but then ruined it because I tried to remove a gigantic label they'd glued to it with acetone and it scored the plastic really bad :negative:

if you need to remove a sticker use rubbing alcohol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Nonna sacrificing the fattest hen over my Genesis because she thought blast processing was gypsy magick.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

trying to jack off posted:

if you need to remove a sticker use rubbing alcohol

Cool! My ma appeared out of nowhere with a bottle of specialty label remover when I told her lol. I’ve a replacement indigo controller on its way from nippon so I’ll be ready this time.

I also spilled that bottle of nail varnish remover on my desk and it immediately did the same thing to the bottom of the GameCube itself. Only superficial damage but it sucks :(

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

you need your acetone privileges removed

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Imp magic. My new Co troller from Japan finally arrived this morning and it owns

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Imp magic. My new Co troller from Japan finally arrived this morning and it owns

hell yeah

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i got a neo geo aes the other day, now to get a flash cart that costs just as much :cool:

uncreativename
Jul 30, 2013

we still have a working snes and n64. the n64 is a smash bros machine and the snes is for donkey kong country mostly

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

such a good controller

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!
I *had* all the nintendo consoles at one point but I bricked my Wii U trying to softmod it. Other than that, Model 1 Genesis, 2600, PS2-4 and an OG Xbox (on its last legs due to capacitor failure). Mostly I collect for the Xbox and PS2 since 6th gen games are cheap (except gamecube)

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!
Also I use a CRT as my main display, found a neat hdmi to component converter that lets me play my modern stuff on the display. 1080p content downscaled to 480i looks surprisingly good despite the lack of text visibility (which is a problem with 1080p TVs anyway). PS3 games look really good on the display provided they support 4:3

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

At one point, I had an NES, SNES, Genesis, and a Dreamcast with a ton of games but had to sell all of it to pay for a hospital bill

Hope someone enjoyed those FF3 and Lufia 2 saves

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

We had an old Mk1 Mega Drive, but it tragically got left behind when we emigrated from the UK to NZ.

I still miss the weird slow-motion PAL Sonic 1. When I finally got to play it at the intended speed it felt uncontrollably fast at first.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my snes was given away while i was at school in the late 90s. 2 years later i ordered one on funcoland's website and the thing i got was nasty and had a huge hole in it and some duct tape over the hole.

a vicodin guy stole my ds and sold it. but i kept my dreamcast, ps1, and n64. well. i think all dreamcast kings should give blue stinger a try

uncreativename
Jul 30, 2013

I've never seen a dreamcast in person, but i love that the controller has a happy face on it.

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!

Cavauro posted:

my snes was given away while i was at school in the late 90s. 2 years later i ordered one on funcoland's website and the thing i got was nasty and had a huge hole in it and some duct tape over the hole.

a vicodin guy stole my ds and sold it. but i kept my dreamcast, ps1, and n64. well. i think all dreamcast kings should give blue stinger a try

Those drat vicodin guys always making off with our DSes

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Taking note of everyone without a Dreamcast

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
uhhh Xbox, Xbox 360, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Game Boy Color, and I think my Advance SP is probably in a drawer somewhere

i have newer poo poo too like a PS4, 3DS, Switch, almost every model of Xbox One and a Series X but that's my old console collection anyway

barnold fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 4, 2023

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

genesis, saturn, dreamcast, famicom, av famicom, hong kong nes, super famicom, n64 (rgb modded), gameboy, gbc (backlight mod), ds, 3ds, ps1, ps2, ps3, xbox 360, neo geo AES. time for you to grow up and join the big leagues kid

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!

EmmyOk posted:

Taking note of everyone without a Dreamcast

they're expensive in canada :(

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dlrry posted:

they're expensive in canada :(

just buy a japanese one, jfc

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!

trying to jack off posted:

just buy a japanese one, jfc

and pay 200 dollars shipping?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

dlrry posted:

and pay 200 dollars shipping?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

turns out they arent even expensive https://destinationretro.ca/collections/sega-dreamcast-dc gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

oh no, $170.00 canadian dollars for a loose dreamcast. this poo poo is unobtainable forver