Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It's not a collection, but I still have my first GameBoy Color. I got the yellow one because I wanted it to match my Donkey Kong Land cartridges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

You should’ve bought a Dreamcast for $49.99 back in 2001

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Found my old (frontlit) GBA SP in a drawer along with about seven assorted GBA and GBC games crammed into a little carrying case.

Still turned on after probably over a decade without being plugged in! Now I need to find a charger that works with AU/NZ sockets...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bloody Pom posted:

Found my old (frontlit) GBA SP in a drawer along with about seven assorted GBA and GBC games crammed into a little carrying case.

Still turned on after probably over a decade without being plugged in! Now I need to find a charger that works with AU/NZ sockets...

you can buy usb ones for like $5.00, george is getting upset!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

herculon posted:

hell i bought three

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
famicom, genesis, psx, gbc. thats all the consoles weve had and theyre all stored someplace back in my hometown. really wish i could find and restore our psx.
my bro also got a wii and 360 at some point, and he bought a snes so theyre now part of the family as well

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

hell i bought three

nice, you can flip them in canada for $1000 each since thats what that guy seems to think they cost there

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Sometimes I think about buying a pocket station off yahoo Japan auctions but then I'd have to get a Japanese ps1 too, and then some copies of the games that actually used it. Would own though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

herculon posted:

this, then the controller ports could fail in 6 months. like many technical inovations pioneered by sega that contards and nintentards deny (sprite scaling, 3d, sexy gatcha elements, online play on a console etc), sega also pioneered the 3-6 month life span of every controller that is now the industry standard

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Been getting back into collecting. Best thing is seeing people list stuff like this.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Roth posted:

Been getting back into collecting. Best thing is seeing people list stuff like this.

rhat mod is pretty advanced so thats not a bad price considering your paying someone for installation

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Roth posted:

canadian ebay user found

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

trying to jack off posted:

rhat mod is pretty advanced so thats not a bad price considering your paying someone for installation

Didn't notice the mod, so that's more reasonable.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I've got an NES and 400 boxed games but they're all PAL so I keep them packed away and play my Everdrive + RGB modded NTSC NES instead

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i need a neo geo flashcart. theyre in short supply and the only neosd pro on ebay is like $2000 lol

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

i need a neo geo flashcart. theyre in short supply and the only neosd pro on ebay is like $2000 lol

same. I got a ‘161-in-1’ cart which is better than nothing but still 90% brazilian king of fighters hacks lol.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

same. I got a ‘161-in-1’ cart which is better than nothing but still 90% brazilian king of fighters hacks lol.

yeah, those don't have shock troopers or windjammers either which makes them basically useless

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
i'm naive to think things like, "Why are people not able to make broadband adapters for the dreamcast like they make everything else; Why are we dependent on the small number of Dreamcast Broadband Adapters that were officially manufactured in the brief period between the adoption of broadband internet and the end of the Dreamcast"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Big tech will never suffer the Dreamcast to prosper that’s why. They fear it.

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

waiting for a pc engine to arrive from japan

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

waiting for a pc engine to arrive from japan

og or cd?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

core, the best one to get

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

copy posted:

lol this thread just to case poster's for the century's ultimate gaming heist.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thinking i might buy an atari 2600 just to round out the collection, even though its just lovely dots and lines that are only capable of entertaining the lead poisoned adult toddlers of the 70s

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hey thread. Here's my list off the top of my head. I guess I'll start with handhelds for no reason. PSP3k (crimson red), a GBA SP w/ zelda multicart, NeoGeo Pocket Color Slimline (Blue Camo) w/ flashmasta, Ps Vita 2k, Sega Nomad, snes mini, Sega Genesis Model 1 w/ svideo/stereo mod, Sega Genesis Model 2 w/ sega CD model 2 and a 32x, a slim ps2(modded for just mechapwn so I can use burned discs to play lightgun games), a phat ps2 w/ HD that is modded, a couple launch model ps3s w/ cfw, another Genesis Model 1 w/ overclock/svideo/stereo/halt switch mod, and then I have various CRTs lol, like a 14L5pvm, a 9 inch pvm, a scart modded 13 inch crt, another lil 9inch crt/vcr combo that is brand new and a 36fv310 languishing in storage.

Oh right I also have a sega genesis mini model 1 and 2 that I have never opened because I already have enough ways to play sega genesis. And then I have like, upscalers and flashcarts yadda, yadda.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

My great grandpa for one!

----------------

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I have a Dreamcast with a hard drive installed and a Ethernet port. I still play phantasy star online with other folks on it. I also have an N64 and a ps2 hooked up to a small Sony Trinitron. This is all I'll ever need :getin:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i rgb modded my n64 and basically never play it because its nintendos worst console by far

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My Dreamcast keeps resetting and I’m not sure why. The cable port has always been a bit dodgy but a new cable didn’t help. Not sure that would cause a console reset anyway :negative:

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

i rgb modded my n64 and basically never play it because its nintendos worst console by far

At this point there isn't one good game that's not already been ported to something else or already available on the switch.

(I also rgb modded my n64 and never play it lol)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the controller loving sucks as well, only time i prefer to not play on original hardware

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol, the N64 was the one system where I preferred the 3rd party controller I had.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

My Dreamcast keeps resetting and I’m not sure why. The cable port has always been a bit dodgy but a new cable didn’t help. Not sure that would cause a console reset anyway :negative:

Iirc dreamcast psus fail often so maybe something going on in there. Goonspeed

----------------

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I can't remember playing a single N46 game with the left handle/d-pad.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

I can't remember playing a single N46 game with the left handle/d-pad.

mischief makers did but its the only one i cn think of. i think wave race used the dpad and control stick too? some game did

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Kirby 64

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

And Pokemon Stadium

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I think sin and punishment uses the d-pad

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

this. and pokemon puzzle league maybe?