Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I got Wizard Powers at 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

CyprianLatewood posted:

I'm 31
childhood obesity

hmmm, not sure this is an excuse op

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

CyprianLatewood posted:

I'm 31 and I've had sex one time and probably won't get the chance again unless i wanted to pay for it, but that doesn't really appeal to me

all you have to do is be born with some kind of weird autism and have childhood obesity and you're most of the way there to a lifetime of isolation

Welcome to the forums someone please buy this brave non-sex having poster a celibacy related avvy please.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I was a virgin because I was fat and full of pimples and self doubt - also because I was never really doing a lot of "social" stuff lol.

Then I worked out for a couple years and then it all worked out for me

Now I'm actually really hot, I bet alot of you would want to bang me and I'd have to turn you down

CyprianLatewood
Feb 27, 2023

by Pragmatica

Peggy Edson posted:

hmmm, not sure this is an excuse op

i figure that it along with whatever kind of developmental thing i've got messed up my chances at normal human development, and also when you put on a lot of fat as a teenager (like well over 300 pounds) it never goes away fully the cells just shrink and grow, so now my body is lumpy and misshapen even at my lightest weight ever

it would probably be pretty sick if i could blame women for it but it's definitely my own fault, also i'm technically bisexual but also kind of afraid of men? I've certainly never met a cis man who i've felt particularly comfortable around emotionally, certainly not enough to be intimate with them

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Plenty of plump men are in relationships man it's not really an impossible hurdle

Just find a plump woman

CyprianLatewood
Feb 27, 2023

by Pragmatica
I'm not even sure how fat I am anymore, it's not something you can get an actual answer for in real life if you don't have any close friends who would be honest with you and I can't tell by looking at myself because of body dysmorphia or something. Since the fat layer from earlier in life sits on top of the muscle layer that comes from my job where I lift and move things and the fairly consistent but not very progressive visits to the gym.

I know how lame it is to have any kind of standards when you're an incredibly unnatractive person but also i have kind of a pretty deep-rooted repulsion to obese people just because of how long I spent being disgusted and repusled by my own body. It's not a problem with like regular chubby people but generally they have enough self-respect to date a normal person instead of someone like me lol

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
get confident stupid

CyprianLatewood
Feb 27, 2023

by Pragmatica
something I've been curious about is like where do people even meet other people these days? even before covid i don't think people were meeting strangers in bars or whatever aside from like random hookups, and it seems like I'm not attractive enough for online dating. every match I've ever had has been a mistaken swipe, a fake account, or someone who unmatches after a day or so, even when they actually sounded interested in meeting me some time.

Everyone I've known in real life has met their partner in school or work, and I've been out of school for a couple years and work is not an option for a variety of reasons. If I'm being honest the loneliness is a lot worse than the celibacy, by like an order of magnitude. I guess that's not what this thread is about though.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It’s weird for me because like, from my perception california is like 90% male population. Every town I go to is like a 9 to 1 ratio of men to women, which would be great if I was gay but like, not doin it for me. I think california euthanizes female children to create a master race. It’s the only thing that makes sense. You just never see any women and if you do they are gently caress ugly. :thunkher:

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Just wear a sandwich board that advertises your good features and then walk up and down the sidewalk near a convent, women's school, or nightclub and I'm sure you'll get lucky!!

Just kidding I've been married a decade and I'd be as lost as you trying to navigate online dating but if my wife won't stop abusing drugs then I'm probably gonna find out one of these days

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol the honeypot is working

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Has anybody else noticed that it’s like 90% men in all towns and cities in california or is it just when I go there? Real answers only. :thunk:

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I've jerked off over 10000 times so I feel like that should count as 1 sex

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Peggy Edson posted:

lol the honeypot is working

Yeah because you finally posted here :thurman:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Look kids, when you're walking down the road of life you're presented with multiple paths. And a lot of those paths look tempting. Oh sure, the field of flowers looks nice, and sure, the one where people hand you an oven mitten every so often is kind of cute. But at some point in your life you're gonna look back on all those paths, every last one of them, and wonder what drew you to the path you took.

It might be the luck of the draw, could be, could be. Or it might be the vacant parking lot you pulled into in the middle of the night after finishing your shift to get a private cry in because you've hit your proverbial head against the wall with the whole situation with the reception loving up the paperwork over and over and you just want to scream and beat the steering wheel until your hands start bleeding.

And when you hit the end and you watch those paths blow to dust from the winds of time and then get paved over for that same vacant parking lot you'll realise then that no one used that parking lot, it was always weirdly empty, and it starts to weird you out something fierce.

That, my friends, is the ebb and flow of time and the rudimentary mistakes we make throughout our walk down those paths. Take heed, and don't let anyone try to sell you a watermelon for a rockmelon, a fool could you be.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yeah because you finally posted here :thurman:

LMAO!

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Dr. Quarex posted:

I made it to my mid-20s. As a guy you would think I would be made fun of for not having had sex, but I had the powerful secret on my side: I was trying REALLY HARD to get a girlfriend and failing SPECTACULARLY nearly every time, so nobody could possibly give me grief over not trying hard enough.

Similar story here, actually, except I went more with a "crippling shyness/hopeless romantic" build. And (at the time undiagnosed) avoidant personality disorder. Had a few close calls over the years but it blew up for some reason or other each time, and then my coping strategy was to make myself scarce. As in, quietly drop out of the entire extended social circle within which things might have been about to happen, go home to lick my wounds for a year or so, eventually finding some new people and interests, rinse and repeat. At least I was doing the exact opposite of stalking or harassing, never caused any drama, and I never blamed anyone but myself. If I was a generation younger I'm sure I'd have found some label to fit into and some attached online subculture.

(It did help that a lot of my social interactions were in extremely male-dominated nerdy circles where there were almost no girls and a lot of guys who were mostly never seen to have girlfriends anyway -- went to a prestigious STEM school, played D&D etc. with some mostly all-guy groups, etc.)

Made it to just past 30 before I actually found (or was found by) someone who mutually clicked, and, welp, it's been almost 20 years and we are married and have four kids. (So you know we have had sex AT LEAST four times.)

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Like seriously, can anyone else here confirm that california is like 90% men? :thunk:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Like seriously, can anyone else here confirm that california is like 90% men? :thunk:

this was not my experience op

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlDnQHI0c-4

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Peggy Edson posted:

this was not my experience op

It’s always like 10 men and one of the skeses from the dark crystal. :thunkher:

CyprianLatewood
Feb 27, 2023

by Pragmatica
I mean when you say the word "town" I assume you're spending time in the lovely parts of california that all the people with prospects have long since fled. Why be hot in a lovely dying rural town when you can be middling in LA or whatever?

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

ive never been to california and hardly ever leave my house, but I will confirm this for you

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

CyprianLatewood posted:

something I've been curious about is like where do people even meet other people these days? even before covid i don't think people were meeting strangers in bars or whatever aside from like random hookups, and it seems like I'm not attractive enough for online dating. every match I've ever had has been a mistaken swipe, a fake account, or someone who unmatches after a day or so, even when they actually sounded interested in meeting me some time.

Everyone I've known in real life has met their partner in school or work, and I've been out of school for a couple years and work is not an option for a variety of reasons. If I'm being honest the loneliness is a lot worse than the celibacy, by like an order of magnitude. I guess that's not what this thread is about though.

To be honest if you want some sort of real input here beyond the superficial standard advice people always say in threads like this, you're gonna need to ... post pics of yourself so I can tell if you're too goony or something. I've seen a lot of people who just present themselves super badly and could do so much better with some adjustments

But then you'd have to expose yourself on the internet which is always a bad idea so

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Collapsing Farts posted:

But then you'd have to expose yourself on the internet which is always a bad idea so

Yeah! Show us your weiner

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

CyprianLatewood posted:

For me, the best wingman has always been a wingwoman.

Through my 20’s I had a few platonic friends who were girls. They were legit friends and I wasn’t trying to secretly bang them or anything. We’d go out for drinks and they’d usually bump into other girls they knew. From there it was pretty easy. The other girls see you have a couple friends who are girls, so that lets them know you’re not a creep.

Online dating also worked pretty well for me too. I just had to appear to be a somewhat normal dude and girls would at the very least meet me for a coffee.

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
34, and have a mild form of ichthyosis - I don't think I ever want to see disgust on the face of a person I like when they see me naked or touch me.

Plus, not much experience with social things.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dsf posted:

ive never been to california and hardly ever leave my house, but I will confirm this for you

Good I thought I was going crazy.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Op you should ask this in SAD, lots of adult virgins in there

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
A medical professional has fingered me twice and that must count for something

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
It's tough, OP. Hard to meet any cool girls out here in rural Wyoming. Even got rejected by eharmony :smith:

At least I have my REDACTED

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

my adult virginity is insured for $12B at lloyd's of london

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Well it started with 4 female Ghostbusters

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
if you think you've lost your virginity, look again

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don’t see how I’d lose my virginity if women are constantly hiding from me. :thunkher:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I don’t see how I’d lose my virginity if women are constantly hiding from me. :thunkher:

You could stop constantly waving that knife around

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You could stop constantly waving that knife around

I am French, I love my brie.

You know how I think the whole “all the women hide whenever I go to any california town” thing started? I think it was a bunch of cocksuckers trying to impress Mr. Simpson and they told everyone something else and y’all thought they was the poo poo or whatever.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Cyber counts but only if you graphically describe cuddling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

GolfHole posted:

my adult virginity is insured for $12B at lloyd's of london